Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #31
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
and Caro fans... Futher to similarities, 'we' bring the abuse to ourselves and its our own fault! According to GM logic. Same logic and explanation was very popular duirng Adolfs regime.
I seriously don't see your issue.... Everybody knows that Neanderthals worshipped the Sun, so its natural they blame Sunshine for their favourites dismal displays.

My favorite post yesterday was a Chinese Li Na fan that posted re Wickmayer "break a leg" not realising its term of encouragement. She duly obliged.

Very Wolfyesque
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #32
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Ah. Thx Protoss. ..

From todays match, I understand Caro was using Stosur'esque kick serves? .. wicked!
Well - I was pretty confused by Caro's serving today. But there's a couple of great posts by Burisleif and CWF in the Live Scoring Thread at the end of the match explaining it all. There's no way though that Caro's serves today were anywhere near the Sam kickserve class. And she'll get murdered if she tries that with most other players.

You really can't say much about her win today. She was under absolutely no pressure whatsoever and Morita had nothing to hurt Caro.

There was also a presentation at the end in which Caro gave the trophy. She was also politely getting the recipient to where he should be standing when they all took 2 step forward and he stayed back. I missed who it was to or what it was for though.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #33
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Well - I was pretty confused by Caro's serving today. But there's a couple of great posts by Burisleif and CWF in the Live Scoring Thread at the end of the match explaining it all. There's no way though that Caro's serves today were anywhere near the Sam kickserve class. And she'll get murdered if she tries that with most other players.

You really can't say much about her win today. She was under absolutely no pressure whatsoever and Morita had nothing to hurt Caro.

There was also a presentation at the end in which Caro gave the trophy. She was also politely getting the recipient to where he should be standing when they all took 2 step forward and he stayed back. I missed who it was to or what it was for though.
Agreed. Sam's kickserves have much more, ahem, kick to them.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #34
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I've just rewatched the last Caro-Shahar match from Beijing. They're about equally dangerous when it comes to attacking but SP doesn't have Caro's stability and makes more mistakes. If Caro plays near her best with good depth on her groundstrokes and prevents SP from coming forward much she should win the match. But the circumstances certainly aren't ideal; switching to a different court with a slightly different surface which her opponent is familiar with and Caro isn't. No Hawkeye. Playing 5 hours earlier than Caro's previous matches so the sun suddenly becomes a factor, especially on serve. And considering it's still early in the season I only see Caro as a small favorite.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #35
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Really,really love the idea of Caro's winning more free points with her serve...just PLEASE don't ever adopt a service motion,Caro,that'll throw your shoulder out of whack

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #36
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Caro has some haters, but look at the rating on this new movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1702443/
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #37
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

8,976 88.9% 1. That's pretty harsh, even for IMDB.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #38
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Caro has some haters, but look at the rating on this new movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1702443/
Its a Bieber movie .. I've offered in GM to exchange tickets for the Klitova Bandwaggon Bus to a Bieber concert, but surprisingly I haven't had any takes so far I am afraid that first stop crash Vs Yumichan didn't help

As for todays match, welcome back to the REAL #1 (@terj yes I know Kim is currently the better player, but its too fun an opportunity to pass to post 'real' #1 in GM. You'll understand, I'm sure )

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #39
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Caro, back at No. 1 after QF win!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #40
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

We are back baby!
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #41
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

WD Caro! I can change my signature again!

CaroWozniacki
Won my match against Shahar Peer 6-2 6-4, playing the semis tomorrow and got my number 1 ranking back )

Clijsterskim
@CaroWozniacki Congrats :-) ha ha

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #42
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Despite the wind and different surface Caroline did it. Nice one.
But oh dear, why couldn't she finish it of when serving for the match 1st time!!!! it shortened my life by a week at least.

One thing I have kind of noticed before, and very much so in the last 2 matches, is that when Caroline is really on top in a match and her opponent plays badly in a period, then when her opponent plays well again its like Caroline cannot change immediately back to a more aggressive game.

This should be something they should work on.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #43
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Despite the wind and different surface Caroline did it. Nice one.
But oh dear, why couldn't she finish it of when serving for the match 1st time!!!! it shortened my life by a week at least.

One thing I have kind of noticed before, and very much so in the last 2 matches, is that when Caroline is really on top in a match and her opponent plays badly in a period, then when her opponent plays well again its like Caroline cannot change immediately back to a more aggressive game.

This should be something they should work on.
Very true.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #44
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Missed the match well done Caro... Anyone fancy writing a brief summery of play and how Caro's nerves were?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #45
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro plays Jankovic in the semis.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread