Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 286 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:29 PM   #4276
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
? New levels...
You are just in a bad mood tonight, aren't you?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM   #4277
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,there's a thread in GM which claims that Caro said that Slams were more important than being #1.I'm not really interested in debating that issue;I'm just curious as to whether she actually said that......Am not gonna waste my time going to GM to ascertain credibility,but it was the thread title listed on the main TF page so I couldn't help but see it and feel slightly curious

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM   #4278
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
You are just in a bad mood tonight, aren't you?
Not at all, the lack of any referenced poster or quote genuinely has me confused.

Maybe I missed a post?
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #4279
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,there's a thread in GM which claims that Caro said that Slams were more important than being #1.I'm not really interested in debating that issue;I'm just curious as to whether she actually said that......Am not gonna waste my time going to GM to ascertain credibility,but it was the thread title listed on the main TF page so I couldn't help but see it and feel slightly curious
Every once in a while it is important to visit the slums to help you stay grounded and understand your own personal fortune.

Basically it's just the usual suspects aka Glory seeking Trolls that you now converse with under the guise of Petra fans in her section doing there every day Caro hating thing.

Not really being my answer.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:01 PM   #4280
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I´m seriously wondering who they`ll move on to if Kvitova crashes and burns

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM   #4281

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova is the real deal. Wozzy's main rival over the next few years.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #4282
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

At Wimbledon, yep

Overall it's Vika rather.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM   #4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
At Wimbledon, yep

Overall it's Vika rather.
Yeah, she will own Wimbledon, but the potential of this woman is immense everywhere.

And I want Wozzy to be her biggest rival in every slam!
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:19 PM   #4284
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Every once in a while it is important to visit the slums to help you stay grounded and understand your own personal fortune.

Basically it's just the usual suspects aka Glory seeking Trolls that you now converse with under the guise of Petra fans in her section doing there every day Caro hating thing.

Not really being my answer.
You'd be surprised that there isn't very much Caro-bashing at all in the actual sub-forum.Most people seem content with their gal's success and don't waste their time worrying about others too much...the majority of the hostility there is reserved for Sharapova due to perceived or real slights from her fans

I kind of suspected that Caro had been misquoted b/c I've seen that before in a sub-forum that aye USED to frequent.Allegedly,Caro said that she highly admired that forum's player and wanted to be JUST LIKE that other gal was,but the text of the actual quote makes it fairly clear that Caro was showing pity to the pathetic underachiever

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM   #4285
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You'd be surprised that there isn't very much Caro-bashing at all in the actual sub-forum.Most people seem content with their gal's success and don't waste their time worrying about others too much...the majority of the hostility there is reserved for Sharapova due to perceived or real slights from her fans

I kind of suspected that Caro had been misquoted b/c I've seen that before in a sub-forum that aye USED to frequent.Allegedly,Caro said that she highly admired that forum's player and wanted to be JUST LIKE that other gal was,but the text of the actual quote makes it fairly clear that Caro was showing pity to the pathetic underachiever
Well, the original article is in (I presume) Danish and the title of the thread in question is in English so right there you have a bit of a problem. The quote about slams being more important than being number one is something that is not repeated in the (translated) transcript

The short answer is "no."

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM   #4286
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caro told on TV: Next year her goal was winning a GS even she may lose No. 1...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM   #4287
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Well, given how uneven her points from 2011 are across the year, chances are that she'll lose the ranking next year for a period of time. This way, she can say it's all part of the plan

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM   #4288
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think she changed her goals now since to remain at no.1 is very demanding. The rewards are high, because she has made a name for herself, even a bigger name than many slam winners. On the other hand, playing week in week out and winning many matches must have taken a toll on her body.
I guess she decided to change focus to protect herself, she's not a machine, in the end of the days.
Given the inconsistency of the most of the tour, if Caroline finally wins a slam it's quite likely she'll return to no.1 spot.

And if she doesn't manage to win one she will probably change a plan again and dethrone whoever is there in the meantime. To the great joy of all GM trolls (read experts)
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:35 PM   #4289
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Caro told on TV: Next year her goal was winning a GS even she may lose No. 1...
Actually I remember her saying her biggest goal at the start of 2011 was also to win a GS. But she just didn't manage to achieve that goal. The #1 and best in the world was a dream when she was young and is something pretty well all players dream of when young. That and winning a GS. She got the #1 and it's kinda obvious the thing she wants above all else now and last year 2011 is to win a GS.

But I just find it hard to believe she'd get into saying what's better #1 or slam or final of slam an #1 or T1 or Olympic. Or the even more ridiculous statement on the lines of "I'd trade all my titles and the #1 for a grand slam" which the GM posters are obsessed with and claim if you asked any player - that is what they'd say..

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:56 PM   #4290
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
TennisReporters
BREAKING: Ekstra Bladet reports Wozniacki has named Ricardo Sanchez new coach http://tennis.com/articles/templates...5280&zoneid=25
9 minutes ago
OMG I had to endure Sanchez as a coach when I was a fan of JJ. Mind you - that was a hot and cold love hate affair between those two. I think JJ could be a very difficult player to coach. She was always arguing with him or complaining about something to him during their practice sessions. But she always came back to him when she parted ways with her other coaches or and when she didn't have a coach. Definitely got mixed feelings having him as a coach. Although to be fair to him - JJ played the best in her career when coached by him - like at the end of 2008.

Haven't been to JJ's forum for a long time. But many there hate Caro with a passion. I'm sure they hate her even more now.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread