Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4 - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #1516
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You pay attention to what Matt Cronin says? How empty must your life be to find reason for cheering and likely masturbation over such trivial a thing?
My exposure to Matt Cronin came in another forum when a lovely,dedicated fan posted any articles relevant to the player,and Cronin struck me as a guy who couldn't find a job covering more prestigious sports and was 'stuck' in tennis.He wrote some laughable pieces where he showed sympathy for a naturally-gifted,extremely lazy player who had made awful,selfish decisions and deserved anything BUT sympathy...and that led me to wonder if Matt held on to fantasies of sleeping with that player

Based on your post above...and the fact that Cronin was sort of popular in that other forum where Caro-bashing was common...I have to ask if he is respectful towards our Caroline or does he mimic much of the nonsense that we might find in GM if we stooped to go there??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #1517
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

saw someone on twitter said: Navratilova wasn't asked to coach @CaroWozniacki: "Read about that too ... Think I would like working with her. She's got a great attitude."
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM   #1518
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
Eeep. Martinez Sanchez is playing well apparently And she has a good draw to get to the 4th round to potentially meet Caro
I didn't see the match but defeating Peer is not that impressive.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #1519
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah ok. I didn't watch the match but Matt Cronin said on twitter that it was the Martinez Sanchez 'of 2010' out on the court , which worried me!
Matt Cronin is a Shreakapova fanboy who has no clue. He made the worst match predictions ever at the official US Open 2010 website.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM   #1520
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Anyho, apparently Caro is on court No 1 Monday. There's a whole thread dedicated to this subject in GM .. How empty must your life be to find reason for cheering and likely masturbation over such trivial a thing?

lol, I'm sure Caro don't mind and I sure don't, it's a first round match, prolly even an advantage if there are some 'first match' nerves involved?
EnerBC is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #1521
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Matt Cronin is a Shreakapova fanboy who has no clue. He made the worst match predictions ever at the official US Open 2010 website.
Do you remember what the 'genius' predicted for Caroline??If her predicts her to do poorly,that's a GOOD thing,isn't it?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1522
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Race to Istanbul

Caro has pretty much secured her spot in the 2011 WTA Championships already before the 2nd major of the year has been played. Even if she doesn't get any more points for the rest of the year, she will most likely finish as a year end top 8.

Caro currently has 5056 points in the race: http://www.wtatennis.com/page/RaceTo...,12781,00.html
That's more than the 4985 points Venus Williams, #5 in the 2010 race had before the 2010 championships.
JJ who was #8 in 2010 had 4236 points.
Because both Willams sisters were injured during the 2010 champinships, #9 Dementieva (4085 points) and #10 Vika (3935 points) also got to play: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_WT...nships#Singles

In 2009, #8 JJ only had 3555 points: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_WT...nships#Singles

Last edited by stangtennis : May 22nd, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM   #1523
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all

That's pretty impressive if you ask me.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #1524
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eeep. Martinez Sanchez is playing well apparently And she has a good draw to get to the 4th round to potentially meet Caro
Eh, I think you should show a little more faith in Caroline. If Caroline is going to win the French Open she is probably going to run into some players she struggled against in the past. After the fourth round she will potentially play either Stosur or Goerges. We all know what happened the last two times that Caroline played Julia. Sam dispatched Caroline with relative ease at the YEC and that was on a hardcourt. On clay Sam could be much tougher. If Caroline is going to win a slam she will need to raise her level of play when she meets these challenges. She can't just hope for a lucky draw all the way to the final.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1525
country flag bruce goose

As with all other false prophets--the Jehovah's Witnesses among them--who've claimed to know the exact date of the world's end,the most recent frauds' May 21st prediction failed.However,we're already seeing the Humanist Educational Apocalypse where GroupThink and the severe dumbing-down of public education have become norms.Today,under the GM Threads listing on the main TF page,there was a stroke of genius titled,"Who's more talented?Wozniacki or Kournikova?"....The only reaction we can have to such brilliance is to pray that the thread starter is sterile and biologically incapable of producing offspring...and never has the inclination to adopt some poor,innocent orphan.........Though I can't empirically PROVE that the thread-starter is a complete moron,aye DO feel confident in stating that all opinions aren't created equal

Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:15 AM   #1526
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

I hope Caro`s dad, Sven, hitting partner, physical trainer, agent, family and friends, all are ready to give a grand slam winning performance. Caro needs all the extra procent she can get.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:30 AM   #1527
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
There has been some debate about the new balls used at French Open this year. Here's the opinion of Hanescu, Murray and Federer:

Ringham7 Richard Ingham Evans
Talking balls is going to be talking point after switch from Dunlop to Babolat. Hanescu thinks they are faster & will help big servers
20 May

Murray says he practised with Babolat in London & feels OK with them. But he wants consistency. Different from Rome & Madrid.
20 May

Federer thinks Babolat faster but 'the difference with new balls in match will be big. Spectators don't notice change but we do."
20 May
The new Babolat balls used at French Open is the same balls as used at Brussels Open they just said on Radio Roland Garros:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/mu...dio/index.html

Quote:
anabelmedina anabel medina
El nuevo modelo de bolas de babolat para roland garros.....uy como le van a gustar a Rafa..... http://t.co/42BdAPL
49 minutes ago

Google translation:
The new model babolat balls for Roland Garros u like ..... you will like Rafa .....

Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1528
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

By winning Brussels, Caro has now tied Elena Dementieva in # of Wta singles titles at 16.

This was the 3rd time that Caro won a final after losing the 1st set. The other 2 were the 2008 New Haven against Anna Chakvetadze and the 2010 Tokyo against Elena Dementieva.

Caro has now won titles in 8 countries.

This was Caro's 4th final on red clay.

Caro's win against Schiavone was her 2nd top 10 win on red clay.

Congrats Caro on winning your 1st title on red clay and 4th title of the year!!!

Unfortunately there aren't any Wta tournaments on carpet anymore as far as I'm aware so Caro can't add a Wta title on carpet to her resume. She does have 2 titles on carpet on the challenger level though.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM   #1529
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Danish Press have asked the tournament about why Caro is on Court 1 today. Caro asked to play as late as possible today, French TV have the tradition to show their own players in prime time on the big courts.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/derfor-...a-centre-court
Carofan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1530
country flag EnerBC

Media and GM trying to make this into a bigger deal than it is
Closed Thread