How Much 'Gas' Is In Caro's Car? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #1
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
How Much 'Gas' Is In Caro's Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Well, we don't have nearly as many threads as the other popular player forums, so a "How Much Gas Is In Caro's Car?" thread would not bother me.
Or 'petrol', if you speak proper English. *dun dun tsh*

Answers in metric units rather than imperial, please. This isn't 1862.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #2
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How Much 'Gas' Is In Caro's Car?

Hehe, very nice!

Sometimes it's just nice to let off some steam in a thread not filled with...well you know what. Let this be that thread.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #3

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #4
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,I never expected this.Seriously,are Brits THAT prissy and neurotically uptight that they get bent out of shape over 'gas' and 'petrol'?Though I could be wrong,I don't think that the Americans can be blamed for THIS one as my Canadian friends also say 'gas'...and I met a Kiwi here who also said 'gas'...haven't met any Aussies for a while....Besides,Brits have lost the right to complain about 'proper English' b/c they've butchered the correct pronunciation of the letter 'R';Canadians and Americans pronounce that letter better

Caro isn't using Twitter right now,so my guess is that she's out and about....so I'm going to say that Caroline has 3/4 of a full tank right now...and that she didn't fill it up cuz she was in a hurry to get to the mall for some shopping

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm

Last edited by bruce goose : Dec 15th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #5

Well I call it "benzin" or "diesel", but I don't really mind if someone mistakes it for "gas".
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I call it "benzin" or "diesel", but I don't really mind if someone mistakes it for "gas".
Well,you're not a native speaker,right?Which means that you don't count...though you DO get major status points for flying Caro's flag...and THAT wasn't an innuendo,either

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

Caro isn't using Twitter right now,so my guess is that she's out and about....so I'm going to say that Caroline has 3/4 of a full tank right now...and that she didn't fill it up cuz she was in a hurry to get to the mall for some shopping
And you're already off topic!
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #8
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #9
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Between 75 and 80 litres... I doubt she uses it that much.

Using the term Gas, just implies laziness and a lack of lucidity. Gasoline and Petrol iirc, are the equivalents to 'Hoover' for a vacuum cleaner... Note how we don't say a Hoov?

The correct term as pointed out is Benzine.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Hehe, very nice!

Sometimes it's just nice to let off some steam in a thread not filled with...well you know what. Let this be that thread.
Just to let you know, this wasn't aimed at you.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #11
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Between 75 and 80 litres... I doubt she uses it that much.

Using the term Gas, just implies laziness and a lack of lucidity.
Actually,that's a piss-poor explanation;lack of effort has VERY little to do with it...though I admit that it's embarrassing how often my countrymen lazily co-opt English words.In the north,they say 'el boiler',which is obviously not a good Spanish word.Language variations often arise from preferences that aren't much different than tastes in art or food,and then they stick when they become popular.

On the other theme,I'd say that you were a much more credible authority on Caro's automotive consumption

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #12
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm really more of a White Man In Hammersmith Palais fan, y'know.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #13
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Actually,that's a piss-poor explanation;lack of effort has VERY little to do with it...though I admit that it's embarrassing how often my countrymen lazily co-opt English words.In the north,they say 'el boiler',which is obviously not a good Spanish word.Language variations often arise from preferences that aren't much different than tastes in art or food,and then they stick when they become popular.

On the other theme,I'd say that you were a much more credible authority on Caro's automotive consumption
I know her car, how much it holds, and Monaco very well, that's all.

I suspect MOST of those shortenings are print and media derived, so I would say that Lazy is a great reasoning tbh.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #14
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

do you mean this car(t)?

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #15
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I know her car, how much it holds, and Monaco very well, that's all.

I suspect MOST of those shortenings are print and media derived, so I would say that Lazy is a great reasoning tbh.
Well,such variations FAR predate,by centuries,the widespread influence of print and other media but,if you're referring to the MODERN era,then perhaps you have something there