National Indoor Championship Starts February 18th - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:41 AM   #226
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: National Indoor Championship Starts February 18th

Veronica Li didn't travel to Virginia...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:41 AM   #227
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Maybe I should help UF a little by rooting for them there

And what, SEC home crowd are more rabid?
Wonder how ACC's are too.
PAC 10 sports have nothing on the SEC.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:52 AM   #228
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, at least in tennis, I've been there, USC, UCLA, CAL..surprisingly tame UCLA is the more vocal of the three, and they sometimes hire a band but it's not that exciting
maybe mboyle can enlighten us with the ACC's crowd in tennis, of course.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:34 AM   #229
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Veronica Li didn't travel to Virginia...
Yeah, I figured as much, since she wasn't in the team photo that's up on the website.

As for Stanford not being prepared in May... Forood is too good of a coach to let her team sit on its laurels, only to be ambushed by Florida at the end of the year. If Florida beats Stanford, it's not because Stanford wasn't ready, it's because Florida got better over the course of the season. But I expect Stanford to improve, especially its doubles. Or at least one can hope.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:42 AM   #230
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

this tourney also proved who is the de facto #1 in UCLA

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM   #231
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
yeah, at least in tennis, I've been there, USC, UCLA, CAL..surprisingly tame UCLA is the more vocal of the three, and they sometimes hire a band but it's not that exciting
maybe mboyle can enlighten us with the ACC's crowd in tennis, of course.
The loudest college tennis match I have ever been to by far was UCI vs Long Beach St. in the 2010 Big West Tournament Finals.
Before the match Form advised to bring ear plugs and he was right. That match was so heated Form and his cronies are still whining about LBS losing to UCI.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #232
country flag Amalgamate

Women's All-Tournament Team

Singles
No. 1 - Hilary Barte, Stanford
No. 2 - Lauren Embree, Florida
Lindsey Hardenbergh, Virginia
No. 3 - Kristie Ahn, Stanford
No. 4 - Nicole Gibbs, Stanford
No. 5 - Stacey Tan, Stanford
No. 6 - Olivia Janowicz, Florida

Doubles
No. 1 - Brooke Bolender/Denise Muresan, Michigan
No. 2 - Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, Florida
No. 3 - Maria Fuccillo/Rashmi Teltumbda, Virginia

Most Outstanding Player: Hilary Barte, Stanford
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #233
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Thx for the info.

So with Taney/Tatsuno I guess Michigan is now

officially the best doubles team in the

Midwest, better than the traditional powerhouse Notre Dame.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Mar 2nd, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:32 AM   #234
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

So I went to UF website to copy the score against FSU (not there yet), and stumbled upon the Indoors championship team photo.

Other than the HC looking glum and Embree wearing pink t-shirt even Boonstra was smiling this time

Wait.

Boonstra??? What was SHE doing there Kinda like Cecil coming with Duke?

- Woodrow Wilson