Shahar 2011 Cheering Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #16
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shahar 2011 Cheering Thread

Nice win Shahar
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM   #17
country flag guyha4

guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light

great score against dubai finalist
if she win vs bartoli she'll gain 11 ranking again
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM   #18
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

What happened to her vs Bartoli 1:6 0:6?
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM   #19
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Utterly embarrassing. She's been dreadful this year.
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #20
country flag guyha4

guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light guyha4 is a glorious beacon of light

she would like to forget it ...
now she have a week off to work on her strategies and etc.
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #21
country flag guyha4

Shahar is seeded 10 in IW
she got a bye in the first round of IW
next she'll meet the winner between MATTEK-SANDS (4-0 h-2-h) and DUSHEVINA (3-0 h-2-h)
if she win she'll probably play vs Pavlyuchenkova (0-1 )
if she go to the round of 16 she'll meet Schiavone (3-1 peer) or pironkova (4-2 peer)

good luck!!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:22 AM   #22
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible draw for me as I love both Bethanie and Shahar.
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #23
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Shahar beat Bethanie 46 76(5) 63 Nice job.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #24
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future

(10) Shahar Peer (ISR) d. (17) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 26 63 75

next up Schiavone good luck
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #25
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Good luck against Fran
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #26
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future

Match report of her match against Pavly from GM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodle1 View Post
I haven't seen Peer play (in person) in a long time - I forgot how downright speedy she is around the court - lightning fast. It's great to see a player who has that never-say-die attitude and is willing to fight to the very end. Peer was not going to give up on a single point, especially in those last several games of the match, and IMO it was her attitude that won it for her. Pav was getting very frustrated that Peer was retreiving shot after shot after shot - there was one point in the 10th game of the third (I think it was the 10th) that Peer was absolutely amazing...she was running back and forth getting her raquet on literally crazy shots on the full stretch and getting them back in the court...Peer finally hit one out and lost the point but you could tell that Pav was shaking her head and thinking "what the F do I have to do to win a point"...which ultimately led to Pav just going for too much to hit winners and got sloppy.

I personally like Peer if for nothing else but her attitude on court - fun stuff.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #27
Praise thy name.

Sounds like good stuff from Shahar to hang in there. She knows what to do against Fran on HC.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #28
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Still not in her 1st half of last year's form, but two gutsy comeback wins back-to-back - a Shahar trademark - should be applauded.
Mentioned in GM but not yet here - Shahar saved 3 MPs!
One against serve at 3-5*, two on hers at 4*-5 15-40; and even a further two BPs for a deciding TB at 6*-5. Three of those crucial four BPs were on 2nd serve.
She also trailed by a break early 2nd set.

A very odd stat: she won only 41% of points behind her 1st serve, a very low number that will rarely win you matches, but 59% behind her 2nd!
Another oddity: Pav won 99 points to Shahar's 93.

One win from the top 10 against an opponent she's well-matched against.
Also, she hasn't beaten a top-tenner since Madrid. Time to settle both things straight.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #29
country flag shirgan

(10) Shahar Peer (ISR) d. (5) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 64 36 76(3)

in the quarterfinal she faces Wickmayer
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #30
Praise thy name.

Huge victory for Shahar!! She needs to try her best to gut out another victory and assure herself a spot in the top 10 and not have to rely on the failure of others to get there.