other college tennis - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM   #16
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: other college tennis 2010-11

I heard Evan King was a big recruit.

Anyway went to USC and my mission was a 'fail' 'cause I forgot to bring my dica later went back to get it thinking the doubles will start later and recorded Nguyen's MP.

No doubles

#9 USC 5, #8 Stanford 1
February 26, 2011 -Marks Stadium
Singles
(1) #4 Steve Johnson (USC) def. #7 Bradley Klahn (STAN) -- 6-3, 6-3

Klahn underperformed But Steve's serve and slice
Klahn just couldn't handle those. And Bradley's serve wasn't so good. They really seemed friendly, even after the match ended talked a lot at the net and later at the stadium, too bad I didn't have dica at that moment

(2) #16 Daniel Nguyen (USC) def. #52 Ryan Thacher (STAN) - 6-3, 6-7, 1-0 (10-7)

Thacher is a net player, always tries to come up to the net. No wonder he's good at doubles. Nguyen at times made brilliant shots like passing shots.

(3) #38 Jaak Poldma (USC) def. #64 Alex Clayton (STAN) - 6-4, 6-1

I think Poldma's drives were a bit sharper.

(4) #37 Ray Sarmiento (USC) def. Denis Lin (STAN) - 6-4, 6-2

Lin was good. Flat drives.

(5) Emilio Gomez (USC) def. Greg Hirshman (STAN) -- 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
(6) Matt Kandath (STAN) def. Michael Grant (USC) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 3, 5, 4*, 2, 6
Doubles not played.

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2011, 02:12 AM   #17
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

2/27/11

#65 UCSB def. #48 Hawaii 5-2

This was a big win for UCSB that should boost their ranking. Then when the UCI men beat UCSB next week that should help UCI's ranking.

Big West men's tennis is really strong with UCI, UCSB, Cal Poly and Pacific being ranked during the year. The conference will just get even stronger when ranked Hawaii joins in 2012.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #18
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Duke Men's tennis fell to Michigan the other day. Our number one got injured in doubles. I don't know why the coach tried to play everyone up one. He should have just forfeited the number one spot and let everyone else compete at their regular spots. Oh well.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #19
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Duke Men's tennis fell to Michigan the other day. Our number one got injured in doubles. I don't know why the coach tried to play everyone up one. He should have just forfeited the number one spot and let everyone else compete at their regular spots. Oh well.
Reid was also not at 100%...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #20
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Reid was also not at 100%...
I would say most teams are never a 100% healthy. Anyways, good win for the Wolverines!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM   #21
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
UCI men ranked #38

The UCI men's tennis ranking jumps from 52 to 38 for March 1.
UCI's 4 losses have all been to top 20 teams.

UCI men goes on the road to play #67 UCSB then #55 Cal Poly.

Then UCI returns to the OC to face #68 TCU at Coto De Caza Country Club and Wisconsin at Nellie Gail Tennis Club. I love how UCI is associating themselves with some of the best & most exclusive tennis clubs in Orange County by playing a few of their home matches there. Wisconsin started the year ranked #29 but has since fallen out of the rankings with some losses all to top 40 teams.

UCI probably just needs 2 wins against the 4 teams above to punch their NCAA at-large ticket, but I'm hoping UCI to sweep and go 4-0.

UCI's Chris Kearney is ranked #33 nationally in singles.

Last edited by gouci : Mar 1st, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #22
country flag gouci

3/4/11

#38 UCI def. #67 UCSB 4-3

UCI men still won on the road despite not playing 2 of it's regular starters, including our #1 singles, which was a direct slap in UCSB's face.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

'DK Headband' Daniel Kosakowski advanced to semi. Saw his matches yesterday, BIG serve and can keep the ball in play. Wonder how good this Evan Song is. (16th ranked in the class of 2011) Two Nevada players advanced to semi, Song and Muhammad

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #24
country flag gouci

3/19/11

#49 UCI def. Wisconsin 5-2

- Wisconsin started the season ranked in the top 30 but is unranked partially because it has 6 losses to top 30 teams. Wisconsin should get ranked again when Big 10 play starts and they feed on lower ranked Big 10 teams.
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #25
country flag gouci

Hawaii men jump into the rankings at #55 with just 1 win over #42 Cal Poly. How is this possible?

Hawaii's win over #42 Cal Poly is listed twice on the ITA website. The computer is crediting Hawaii with 2 ranked wins over #42 Cal Poly.

1st a Cal Poly SID entered a Cal Poly women's victory as a loss to Dartmouth. Now this incident makes me wonder if the Cal Poly SID is incompetent?
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #26
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Because that is not allowed.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM   #27
country flag gouci

Pepperdine banned from NCAAs

Pepperdine Self-Imposes Postseason Ban on Three Spring Teams

The University deeply regrets this error and will fully cooperate with the West Coast Conference, the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and the NCAA to properly and completely resolve these matters.

March 31, 2011

MALIBU, Calif. -- Pepperdine University recently discovered that it had failed to properly administer financial aid awards to a number of its student-athletes. After discovering the error, Pepperdine contacted the NCAA and is taking immediate steps to rectify this issue and to review all of its athletics compliance processes.

"This was entirely an administrative matter," commented Steve Potts, Director of Athletics, "It is most unfortunate and regrettable. We are committed to maintaining a culture of complete compliance and accountability in regard to NCAA regulations."

Potts added that the University believes that as a result of these errors, it would be inappropriate for the men's tennis, men's volleyball and baseball teams to participate in postseason competition this academic year. He also stated Pepperdine will work closely with the affected student-athletes to determine the best courses of action going forward.

The University deeply regrets this error and will fully cooperate with the West Coast Conference, the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and the NCAA to properly and completely resolve these matters.

Additionally, the West Coast Conference put out today the following release about how Pepperdine's withdrawal from postseason play will affect upcoming regular-season and championship events.

SAN BRUNO, Calif. -- The West Coast Conference has announced the following actions following Pepperdine University's decision to self-impose postseason penalties in baseball and men's tennis for the 2010-11 academic year.

Men's Tennis
--- Pepperdine has withdrawn from the 2011 West Coast Conference Tennis Championships (April 21-23 in San Diego, Calif.) because of the self-imposed postseason ban. The Pepperdine women will still compete in this year's WCC Tennis Championships.
--- With the withdrawal of the Pepperdine men, the #1 seed in the men's bracket will now receive a first-round bye on Thursday, April 21 and will play the winner of the match between the #4 seed and the #5 seed in the semifinals.
--- On the second day of competition (Friday, April 22), the highest remaining seed in the consolation bracket will receive a bye directly into Saturday's fifth place match.
--- The team that loses Friday's consolation semifinal will automatically be awarded seventh place.
--- Pepperdine men's tennis student-athletes will be eligible for individual all-conference awards.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:55 PM   #28
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

#32 Mississippi State def. #4 Tennessee 6-1

Singles
1. #94 Artem Ilyushin, MSU, def. #12 John-Patrick Smith, UT, 6-4, 6-4
2. #76 George Coupland, MSU, def. #4 Rhyne Williams, UT, 7-6 (6), 5-6 ret.
3. #48 Tennys Sandgren, UT, def. James Chaudry, MSU, 6-4, 6-2
4. Malte Stropp, MSU, def. #56 Matteo Fago, UT, 6-3, 6-4
5. #77 Louis Cant, MSU, def. #121 Boris Conkic, UT, 7-5, 6-0
6. Zach White, MSU, def. Jarryd Chaplin, UT, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

Doubles
1. #1 Boris Conkic/John-Patrick Smith, UT, def. #84 Louis Cant/Malte Stropp, MSU, 8-3
2. George Coupland/Artem Ilyushin, MSU, def. #61 Tennys Sandgren/Rhyne Williams, UT, 8-3
3. James Chaudry/Zach White, MSU, def. Matteo Fago/Jarryd Chaplin, UT, 9-8 (2)

Order of Finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (3,5,1,4,2,6).
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #29
country flag gouci

4/24/11

#49 UCI men def. #41 Cal Poly 5-2

. .

UCI men playing on the road beats Cal Poly to clinch an undefeated Big West regular season title and the #1 seed in the upcoming Big West Tournament.

This was also a showdown to see who was the best singles player in the conference.

1. #41 Chris Kearney (UCI) def. #104 Andre Dome 6-2,6-3.

The win punched Kearney's ticket as the Big West Conference automatic NCAA singles representative.
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Just left in the early stage of UCLA vs OLE MISS singles, OM won the doubles.

Holden Seguso's form

(OMG just checked Zoo tennis and UCLA made an 'upset' )

Found out this shocking? upsets from Zoo tennis;

TULSA GOES TO STANFORD

Also it seems that UVA struggled

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson