WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #16
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label them the bitchiest team? Grow up. What, did Allie kick your butt on the court over and over? Fine if you don't want to like them, and you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe save it for another forum. You come across as bitter and childish. Maybe that's what you are after.
For someone (me) who couldn't care less about the team or specific players, I couldn't agree with you more UFGatorFan about your thoughts here. Thankfully most here don't use this forum to discuss the their take on personality profiles of all these kids.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #17
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Amal said, "Re: Mboyle. Reka is a sweet girl, I just can't stand her game I don't know Ellah other than the fact that she's really religious/homophobic? I could be wrong about that though, I just have this faint memory of that."

Amal - kind of sad that you combined the words religious and homophobic as if they were one and the same........as if all folks who were religious were also homophobic. And thanks for sharing your faint memories of another player.......nice touch.......

Last edited by its_a_racquet : Feb 13th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #18
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label them the bitchiest team? Grow up. What, did Allie kick your butt on the court over and over? Fine if you don't want to like them, and you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe save it for another forum. You come across as bitter and childish. Maybe that's what you are after.
No, I don't like 4 of UF's top 6. Allie being the worst. And actually no, I've played Allie twice (in tournaments) and she won the first match, I won the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Welcome back Amal

But I think NOT. Name one team that can challenge them They're like two superpowers USA and USSR in the Cold War Era Season could be boring..(of COURSE I don't like that, needless to say..ah, those were the days, from 'GT to DUKE' )
In theory, yes I also see them in the NCAA finals. But stuff happens like injuries, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Amal said, "Re: Mboyle. Reka is a sweet girl, I just can't stand her game I don't know Ellah other than the fact that she's really religious/homophobic? I could be wrong about that though, I just have this faint memory of that."

Amal - kind of sad that you combined the words religious and homophobic as if they were one and the same........as if all folks who were religious were also homophobic. And thanks for sharing your faint memories of another player.......nice touch.......
Fine. I'll rephrase that. "Is Ellah still really homophobic? Because back when she had myspace that's one thing that surprised me."

Sorry guys, this is where I get to talk about college tennis with people besides my teammates (actually my teammates surprisingly know very little about other stuff going on in college tennis). So I will continue to unapologetically root against UF, share things about players, say what I want.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #19
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I've played Allie twice (in tournaments) and she won the first match, I won the second.

In theory, yes I also see them in the NCAA finals. But stuff happens like injuries, etc.

Guys, we have to find a player who was 1-1 with Will

And I think Hitimana at #7 is ok? She beat Alex Clay of Alabama at Riviera..
Same for Stanford, imagine McVeigh playing at #7
UCLA has depth in that department also..Pantic, for instance.

EDIT; forgot to add Seguso, since she's playing singles in most matches I forgot that she might be #7 or 8
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Feb 15th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #20
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Guys, we have to find a player who was 1-1 with Will

And I think Hitimana at #7 is ok? She beat Alex Clay of Alabama at Riviera..
Same for Stanford, imagine McVeigh playing at #7
UCLA has depth in that department also..Pantic, for instance.
You'll have to dig veryyyy deep to find those records
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM   #21
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll have to dig veryyyy deep to find those records
I cannot, but gouci might
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #22
country flag Amalgamate

Regarding Stanford's 2-4 being interchangeable, February 14th rankings:

20. Kristie Ahn Stanford
21. Nicole Gibbs Stanford
22. Mallory Burdette Stanford

Old Feb 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM   #23
country flag fantic

Quote:
Regarding Stanford's 2-4 being interchangeable, February 14th rankings:

20. Kristie Ahn Stanford
21. Nicole Gibbs Stanford
22. Mallory Burdette Stanford

damn, I was just going to comment on that
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #24
country flag Amalgamate

Documenting the rivalry, if Florida and Stanford played today, my predictions:
(Line up based on last team match played)

No. 1 Stanford 5, No. 2 Florida 2

DOUBLES
1) Barte/Burdette (STAN) def. Oyen/Will (UF)
2) Embree/Mather (UF) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN)
3) Veronica Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Cercone/Hitimana

SINGLES
1) Allie Will (UF) def. Hilary Barte (STAN)
2) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Lauren Embree (UF)
3) Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Sofie Oyen (UF)
4) Mallory Burdette (STAN) d. Joanna Mather (UF)
5) Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Alex Cercone (UF)
6) Oliva Janowicz (UF) def. Carolyn McVeigh (STAN)

Hopefully we'll see at indoors
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #25
country flag fantic

Burdette vs Mather, could be a blast
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #26
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Burdette vs Mather, could be a blast
Why hasn't Burdette been playing? Is she hurt?
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #27
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Why hasn't Burdette been playing? Is she hurt?
She was injured for a little bit, but back now
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #28
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fine. I'll rephrase that. "Is Ellah still really homophobic? Because back when she had myspace that's one thing that surprised me."
I have no idea...but I've never had any reason to believe that she is. I know she goes to mass every week.
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #29
country flag fantic

Quote:
Documenting the rivalry, if Florida and Stanford played today, my predictions:
(Line up based on last team match played)

No. 1 Stanford 5, No. 2 Florida 2

DOUBLES
1) Barte/Burdette (STAN) def. Oyen/Will (UF)
2) Embree/Mather (UF) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN)
3) Veronica Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Cercone/Hitimana

SINGLES
1) Allie Will (UF) def. Hilary Barte (STAN)
2) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Lauren Embree (UF)
3) Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Sofie Oyen (UF)
4) Mallory Burdette (STAN) d. Joanna Mather (UF)
5) Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Alex Cercone (UF)
6) Oliva Janowicz (UF) def. Carolyn McVeigh (STAN)

Hopefully we'll see at indoors
Why do you think Will will beat Burdette, if I may ask?
And Janowicz at 6, are you assuming that UF will do stacking?
Tan is inconsistent, if she commits errors and Cercone defends well, Cercone could win..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #30
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Why do you think Will will beat Burdette, if I may ask?
And Janowicz at 6, are you assuming that UF will do stacking?
Tan is inconsistent, if she commits errors and Cercone defends well, Cercone could win..
...what?

I said Will def. Barte, not Burdette. And Janowicz played #6 for UF against Duke, I didn't just make their lineups up myself.