WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #1
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

It's pretty certain that both teams will meet again.
(When you think #1 Stan can handsomely beat #4 UCLA 4-0, something is not right
)

Singles

BARTE EMBREE ??
AHN WILL ??
GIBBS OYEN STAN
BURDETTE MATHER STAN
TAN JANOWICZ ??
LI CERCONE UF
------------
MCVEIGH HITIMANA

Doubles

BARTE/BURDETTE OYEN/WILL
AHN/GIBBS EMBREE/MATHER
LI/MCVEIGH CERCONE/HITIMANA

UF singles #1 & 2 are interchangeable, no? (same as STAN 2,3)
UF MUST win the doubles pt otherwise, it's a foregone conclusion, since it's THEIR infamous home court, Taube Stadium.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Feb 8th, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #2
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Amalgamate worries about STAN positions 5&6.

That means she doesn't have confidence in their upper positions

And that's why I put ? on #1 & 2

Barte Embree
Ahn Will

Barte is Riviera champion.
The problem is that BOTH Embree and Will have beaten her in the past.
Will beat Barte TWICE, 1,4 at Riviera 2009, and 4,3 at Indoors 2010.
Embree beat Barte at NCAA team final.

And is Ahn invincible? No. She already lost to Gilchrist, Ellis and Mather, and had a very close game against Featherston.
Gibbs lost to Davis, Dy, Sanchez.
Burdette to Frilling and Lao.

So that's why Amalgamate is SO worried about 5&6(although I dunno why, if she's not a member of the team )

IF Stan loses doubles,
AND loses BOTH 1&2,
even though 3&4 might be invincible,
it doesn't matter, since 5&6 are vulnerable.

Am I right Amal?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #3
country flag fantic

Both team's doubles,especially from #2 onwards, are vulnerable (not as solid as, say, USC )
So in those area they have lots of room to improve.
And the winner of the doubles pt...could have a decisive advantage..

(yes, yes, Stanford won 4 singles despite losing the doubles pt against Florida at the Final )
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

For some reason I think that Amalgamate plays at Notre Dame...but I could be totally wrong.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #5
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Where ever Amalgamate plays, for some reason she seems to really hate Florida. At first, I thought it was just Allie Will, but the bitchies team comment seems to factor in a dislike for the entire roster. I'm not quite sure. I've had the pleasure of being around the girls and the program for many years, and they conduct themselves with class, on and off the court. At least in my experience.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #6
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Where ever Amalgamate plays, for some reason she seems to really hate Florida. At first, I thought it was just Allie Will, but the bitchies team comment seems to factor in a dislike for the entire roster. I'm not quite sure. I've had the pleasure of being around the girls and the program for many years, and they conduct themselves with class, on and off the court. At least in my experience.
It's a 'small' comment by Amalgamate to go there. Plus the fact that of all the other players who follow this website haven't chimed in tells me it is something personal with her.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #7
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
It's a 'small' comment by Amalgamate to go there. Plus the fact that of all the other players who follow this website haven't chimed in tells me it is something personal with her.
you mean there are lots of players who follow this board?

maybe we should be more careful?

Or should they just 'enter at their own peril'
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Feb 9th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #8
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
For some reason I think that Amalgamate plays at Notre Dame...but I could be totally wrong.
But she usually roots for Stanford (players)..

I don't like it, this discussion turned out to be irrelevant of the original post Amal as a player is a valuable member, we could gain some insights from a players' point of view Or maybe Amal should just come out so we can openly root for her
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #9
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
you mean there are lots of players who follow this board?

maybe we should be more careful?

Or should they just 'enter at their peril'
Yes, Maybe and Don't think that is necessary.

99% of the posts here don't make personal attacks about players which I appreciate. If you want to beat up on college athletes, let's start with Cam Newton.........
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #10
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still holding out some hope for my Devils!!!!!

Okay who am I kidding? I'd like to see Florida take it. Stanford wins too often, and they rejected me for undergrad, so there!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #11
country flag fantic

damn right, Stanford wins too often!
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #12
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Uh okay, lots to respond to...

1. This thread is way too premature. Shit happens...

2. Regarding the UF team: I don't like Allie Will, that's my main gripe. And I root against them because the last thing I want is for Allie to win anything. (sorry UFGatorFan, not many people like her). Lauren's fine, I think she's just funny. Like painting her nails at tournaments, texting while walking off the court etc. She's never been mean to me or anything. Mather, Janowicz and Cercone :rollseyes: But I can be unbiased too, like Stanford girls: You can't not love Hilary. But I don't like Mallory...at all. Nicole/Krisite are whatever. Stacey is just really quiet. Carolyn and Veronica are sweethearts.

Any other stuff I can clear up?

Re: Mboyle. Reka is a sweet girl, I just can't stand her game I don't know Ellah other than the fact that she's really religious/homophobic? I could be wrong about that though, I just have this faint memory of that.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #13
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label them the bitchiest team? Grow up. What, did Allie kick your butt on the court over and over? Fine if you don't want to like them, and you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe save it for another forum. You come across as bitter and childish. Maybe that's what you are after.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #14
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label ...
I thought that Amalgamate's response was classy. Her response gets

Thank you for posting, Amalgamate,
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #15
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Uh okay, lots to respond to...

1. This thread is way too premature. Shit happens...
Welcome back Amal

But I think NOT. Name one team that can challenge them They're like two superpowers USA and USSR in the Cold War Era Season could be boring..(of COURSE I don't like that, needless to say..ah, those were the days, from 'GT to DUKE' )
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles