Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings

Vera Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings.
Zvonareva use Prince EXO3 Black rackets.

From her Rogers Cup interview a couple of weeks ago: http://www.rogerscup.com/women/engli...eva_aug_23.doc
Quote:
Q. At the end you seemed frustrated with your racquet?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I was having some issues with the racquets. The throat pieces, they keep breaking. If they break, my string always breaks in the throat of the racquet and then you cannot see if it is broken, and when you hit the ball it goes off. We are trying to fix the issue. It’s small things, but we’ll fix it. In the first match it broke three times. I know some other players were having the same problem. It doesn’t change anything about the game, but...
Again in her US Open semi-final against Wozniacki her strings broke what 4-5 times?
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings

Oups, Prince better hope this doesn't get wide spread until they repair it, because anyone except professionals will NOT want to have to restring racquets like every week or something.

When I play ~ 8 hours a week, my strings last me at least 2 months.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #3
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zvonareva's Prince rackets has a design flaw that keeps breaking the strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman. View Post
Oups, Prince better hope this doesn't get wide spread until they repair it, because anyone except professionals will NOT want to have to restring racquets like every week or something.

When I play ~ 8 hours a week, my strings last me at least 2 months.
Touring pros do not use stock models like the rest of us. Everything about their racquets - weight, balance, even grip size and shape - is customized to their specifications.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #4
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Touring pros do not use stock models like the rest of us. Everything about their racquets - weight, balance, even grip size and shape - is customized to their specifications.
This is true for the men, but I think a couple of women do play with stock racquets.

Anyway, never a fan of those Prince racquets with big holes as grommets.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #5
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

I noted that in addition to the "P" logo, her racquet has a red circle/dot painted on her strings. What is that for?

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #6
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
I noted that in addition to the "P" logo, her racquet has a red circle/dot painted on her strings. What is that for?
Gamma strings.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #7
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polikarpov View Post
This is true for the men, but I think a couple of women do play with stock racquets.

Anyway, never a fan of those Prince racquets with big holes as grommets.
Benesova use customized racquets.
She tested some with Wilson for months before finding the right balance.

She actually played Barcelona and Fes with the prototype.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM   #8
country flag GameTime

GameTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Vera uses Gamma Tennis' Zo Sweet (Zo Power monofilament mains and TNT2 cross strings). I probably like their Live Wire and straight TNT2s even better--but there's no doubt that it's a great string.
http://www.gammasports.com/index.cfm
(I'm all about how strings can change your game, and Gamma really knows what they're doing.)

I hope that that helps!
GameTime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM   #9
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

How many rackets/strings did Zvonareva break against Stosur today? She even had to borrow a Babolat racket from her hitting partner whne she ran out of rackets.
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM   #10
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Bouchard Wawrinka Pospisil
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 10:26 PM   #11
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Bump

How many rackets/strings did Zvonareva break against Stosur today? She even had to borrow a Babolat racket from her hitting partner whne she ran out of rackets.
I remember one match I think it was last year and it happend too she had almost to borrow opponent´s racquet
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #12
country flag sova

sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice sova is just really nice

I wonder why Prince hasn't settled the issue yet~almost heart-breaking to watch her play last night~
sova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #13
country flag stangtennis

exposbabe Stephanie Myles
I used to play w/ that stick. Same thing happened. Changed to Head last November.
22 Apr
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #14
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
exposbabe Stephanie Myles
I used to play w/ that stick. Same thing happened. Changed to Head last November.
22 Apr
I think she was making a joke Since Sharapova changed to Head and was with Prince

Anyway, it seems that Vera is the only player who's having that kind of issue with her Prince raquet (at least on the pro tour). I'd think it's a string problem or maybe the tension in her racquet....I think it'd be a more believable explaination then the Prince stick itself.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #15
country flag linhely

linhely is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder why Prince hasn't settled the issue yet~almost heart-breaking to watch her play last night~

Coach outlet store online productCoupons Ture Face in Coach OutletOut Of Date of coach outlet
linhely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote