Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM   #61
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Uruguay Bowl, Punta del Este, G2

SF

(3)Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR) def. (Q)Irina Maria Bara (ROU) 6:2 6:4

But a great week for her, though!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #62
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Cristina Dinu won the 10k-ITF in Antalya this week!

R32: Cristina DINU (ROU) def. Marion GAUD (FRA) 6-1 6-1
R16: Cristina DINU (ROU) def. Fatma AL NABHANI (OMA) (7) 6-2 6-2
QF: Cristina DINU (ROU) def. Oxana LYUBTSOVA (UKR) (2) 6-2 6-3
SF: Cristina DINU (ROU) def. Anastasia MUKHAMETOVA (RUS) (5) 4-6 6-1 6-3
F: Cristina DINU (ROU) def. Diana ENACHE (ROU) (3) 6-2 6-3

Beating four seeded players by losing just one set, also beating a compatriote in straights!

By the way, it's her third title for a 10k ITF in Antalya!
I think if she is climbing the rankings so fast, she will soon have her own thread!

Platon lost as a qualifier against the top seed Evtimova in round 1.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #63
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I am still not sold on Cristina Dinu. I am going to wait and see how she does against better competition.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #64
country flag Curcubeu

31st Asuncion Bowl, Paraguay, G1

QR2:
(1)Irina Maria Bara (ROU) def. Eliana Maria Lopez Pappalardo (PAR) 6:1 6:2

QFR:
(1)Irina Maria Bara (ROU) def. (11)Agustina Serio (ARG) 6:4 6:4

Irina qualified for the main draw, but has not been placed yet because some matches were not over at that time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riaan Venter Junior ITF, South Africa, G2

First Round:
Sabina Lupu (ROU) def. Deborah Kerfs (BEL) 6:1 6:3

Next opponent is Kiro from South Africa!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #65
country flag Curcubeu

(9)Domenica Gonzalez (ECU) v Bye
(q)Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR) v (q)Irina Maria Bara (ROU)
Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) d. (wc)Astrid Maria Gehre Boettner (PAR) 64 75
(8)Viktoriya Tomova (BUL) v Bye

Good luck Irina against another up and coming junior!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #66
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Great to see Dinu doing well. What I like about her is that she has a very "seniors" mentality, going for her shots instead of playing the consistency card which is is key to winning alot of junior matches. Once she gets her consistency, I can see her in the top 100 easily with her stroke making abilities and good movement.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #67
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

R1: (q)Irina Maria Bara (ROU) d. (q)Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR) 63 20 Ret.
R2: (9)Domenica Gonzalez (ECU) d. (q)Irina Maria Bara (ROU) 62 64

Riaan Venter Junior ITF (week 2), South Africa, G2
R1: Sabina Lupu (ROU) d. Deborah Kerfs (BEL) 61 63
R2: Sabina Lupu (ROU) d. Lynn Kiro (RSA) 46 61 61

In QF, Sabina plays again against Donna Vekic, the one who defeted her in the 1st Riaan Venter Junior tournament with a double 6-2
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #68
country flag Curcubeu

I'm very glad that Irina reached the second round of a G1 junior tournament, but the last weeks were very exhausting, so no problem in this loss

I wouldn't be surprised if Sabina loses to Donna again, but I hope it will be a very tough one!
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #69
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I'm very glad that Irina reached the second round of a G1 junior tournament, but the last weeks were very exhausting, so no problem in this loss

I wouldn't be surprised if Sabina loses to Donna again, but I hope it will be a very tough one!
So I assume you were not surprised after all as Sabina not only lost but abandoned the game.

And yes, it is about time for Irina to come back home. It's been too long since she started playing in South America. I thought 4 tournaments was way too much. The majority of her opponents played pretty much at home.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #70
country flag Curcubeu

Ilka also had to abandon her match back then, but she "only" played 3 tournaments in South America.
By the way, has anyone heard more about her current state?

On the other hand I'm glad that they can afford the money to travel to biger tournaments out of Europe. Look at how young they are and have already seen more from earth than most people have when they are old. I think they all collected some nice memories and important experiences and of course ITF points to build up their future!

I wish them good luck for the following weeks!
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #71
country flag codrutc

Yes, I thought the same thing. That was some nice touristic tour of South America for both Ilka and Irina with different countries visited for each tournament.
As for Ilka, since I am a big fan I found on another message board that she had a minor back injury (some sort of stiffness), which forced her to withdraw from that last tournament. She said about 2 weeks ago to a third party that she didn't know where she will compete next.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #72
country flag Curcubeu

Good to see that it isn't something serious!

You seem to be a real insider!
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #73
country flag Curcubeu

ITF 10k Antalya:

Raluca Elena PLATON (ROU) def. Dia EVTIMOVA (BUL) (1) 6-1 2-6 6-4
Raluca Elena PLATON (ROU) def. Seda ARANTEKIN (TUR) 6-0 6-7(6) 7-5
Danielle HARMSEN (NED) def. Raluca Elena PLATON (ROU) 3-0 Retired

I hope it's nothing too serious and just tiredness...
But the upset in first round was a good sign for improvement!

Dinu lost in round 1 against Schoofs, but her opponent has trashed all other girls to the semis by now and Cristina had many matches to play during the last week...
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #74
country flag Curcubeu

Junior ITF rankings updated!
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #75
country flag Sergyu17

Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice Sergyu17 is just really nice

I can`t wait Ilka back on court. I put all my money that she will be in top 100 in 3 years. Maybe faster

[S]:QF - Jackson ITF , Casablanca ITF
[D]:
Sergyu17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote