Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM   #316
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
So does she prefer hardcourt?
She has probably the biggest serve in her group of age (holds the fastest serve record at Les Petits As for this year) and she is very tall on top of that.

EDIT: I just saw that the girl she lost to in FQR upset the Top seed, so the scoreline against her wasn't that shabby either.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM   #317
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She has probably the biggest serve in her group of age (holds the fastest serve record at Les Petits As for this year) and she is very tall on top of that.
She's like a younger and (much) more beautiful Sharapova
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 01:45 PM   #318
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:

EDIT: I just saw that the girl she lost to in FQR upset the Top seed, so the scoreline against her wasn't that shabby either.
I know she's tall and she has a big serve, but I guess she trained almost all of her young career on Romanian claycourts, so she'd need some experience on hard before choosing to play on hard in Turkey rather than on clay in Romania

Oh, and I just remembered she won Les Petits As on hardcourt, so I guess she already has some experience.

Maybe we will have, at last, a real hardcourt player. Time will tell. And let's hope she stays injury free And slump free
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #319
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know she's tall and she has a big serve, but I guess she trained almost all of her young career on Romanian claycourts, so she'd need some experience on hard before choosing to play on hard in Turkey rather than on clay in Romania

Oh, and I just remembered she won Les Petits As on hardcourt, so I guess she already has some experience.

Maybe we will have, at last, a real hardcourt player. Time will tell. And let's hope she stays injury free And slump free
All Romanian players did, but Monica for example is a walking bye on clay as well.

Girl has some big potential and she is very ambitious.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM   #320
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
All Romanian players did, but Monica for example is a walking bye on clay as well.

Girl has some big potential and she is very ambitious.
All of our top girls have ambition, but, as far as I'm concerned, Jaq has a few other basic weapons for a top player: big serve, good groundstrokes, huge stamina and a functioning brain.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #321
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
functioning brain.

One day later, I'm still speakless.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #322
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Lost to a compatriot Ana Bogdan - J.A. Cristian 6-1 6-3
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #323
country flag Dan_Doe

Two Ioanas' have been impressive this week
Ioana Ducu made the final of a G1 in Morocco, with good wins over Elise Mertens and Deborah Chiesa, 2 good juniors. Final against Christina Makarova tomorrow.
Ioana Diana Pietroiu, a girl I've never heard of, made the final of BNP PARIBAS Cup, France, TE U14 as the 11th seed, which is quite impressive. Plays Olga Fridman in the final, one of the top '98 girls.
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #324
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Two Ioanas' have been impressive this week
Ioana Ducu made the final of a G1 in Morocco, with good wins over Elise Mertens and Deborah Chiesa, 2 good juniors. Final against Christina Makarova tomorrow.
Ioana Diana Pietroiu, a girl I've never heard of, made the final of BNP PARIBAS Cup, France, TE U14 as the 11th seed, which is quite impressive. Plays Olga Fridman in the final, one of the top '98 girls.
Let's also add the more familiar Andreea Rosca who won the U14 tournament in Bergheim , Austria, as #1 seed.
She defeated #4 Zeleva in the Final.
Two more Ioanas, Ioana Guna and Ioana Minca also reached the Semis at the same tournament.
You are right, there must be something about the name Ioana
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #325
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Let's also add the more familiar Andreea Rosca who won the U14 tournament in Bergheim , Austria, as #1 seed.
She defeated #4 Zeleva in the Final.
Two more Ioanas, Ioana Guna and Ioana Minca also reached the Semis at the same tournament.
You are right, there must be something about the name Ioana
Aye, but if we speak about Ioanas, definitely Ioana Rosca still has a lot to prove, as she started really great one year ago, but took it easy afterwards.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #326
country flag Dan_Doe

Ioana Ducu won that G1 She's moving up to top 70.
Ioana Pietroiu lost, dunno the score. I've found out she's living in Warsaw, Poland with her family, she's born in Buzau and she's left-handed. And I love lefties And made finals in her last four tourneys (winner in G14 and G16, RU in other G14 and other G16).
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #327
country flag Dan_Doe

Oh, and this is Ioana Pietroiu:

Tennis Europe just posted them on facebook.
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #328
country flag Dan_Doe

Andreea Rosca has won her last three tournaments Three G16s, one in Romania (Mamaia), one in Hungary and one in Austria.
She also lost only 1 set along the way, but won 3 matches after walkovers.

This time last year, she won 5 G12s in a row. And now she's winning G16s on a regular basis
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #329
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

The last one was G14 but yes, it appears that this time of the year (June - July) she is invincible.
She is in another G14 in Austria this week.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #330
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
The last one was G14 but yes, it appears that this time of the year (June - July) she is invincible.
She is in another G14 in Austria this week.
Yup, my fault

By the way, G3 in Timisoara this week and Jackie is there