Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #301
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

^ (Q)Jaqueline Cristian (ROU) d. Lana Reichel (AUT) 64 61

Good scoreline and the first MD win of her junior career.
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #302
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

(3)Oleksandra Korashvili (UKR) d. (Q)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 63 63

Korashvili is #62 in juniors and over 2 years older than Jackie, so I guess our girl put up a good performance

Last edited by Dan_Doe : May 9th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #303
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, nothing to be ashamed of. She should really be playing G4 and G5 tournaments though...
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #304
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Jackie lost , but the opponent was valuable and older. However still gained 20 points, and give another jump (few hundred) in the rank. I looked on juniors rank to see who is the best rank. having about the same age as jackie.And the best rank is Alicia Black!!! (rank 127.with 272.50 point), same that jackie d. in Les Petits as Tarbes(6-2 6-3), same Alicia has d. Ilka Csoregi 6-1 6-3!! If nothing unexpected happens, and Jackie continue to develop normally, I think up 2-3 years will be in the top 10 juniors.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #305
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

1st Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] BYE
2nd Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] 6-2 0-6 6-4 Su Jeong JANG (KOR)
3rd Round
Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [6] 7-5 6-2 Erin ROUTLIFFE (CAN) [10]

Tough 2nd round match and an ugly bagel
Good win in the 3rd, though, Routliffe was good lately.
Very hard match next, against Ana Konjuh.
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #306
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
(3)Oleksandra Korashvili (UKR) d. (Q)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 63 63

Korashvili is #62 in juniors and over 2 years older than Jackie, so I guess our girl put up a good performance
Turned out this was an excellent scoreline after all
Korashvilli is now #29, after great results in the last few weeks. Korashvilii defeated 6-1 6-1 both Rychagova and Kudermetova, which are top '97 girls, and also defeated Barbara Haas after a tough match.

Other great news, Ilka just had 2 relevant wins in Astrid Bowl, defeating Varvara Flink and Francois Abanda, both good players on clay.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #307
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

French Open, Juniors:

Main Draw:

R1: Ilka Csoregi def. Mayar Sherif 6-7(6) 6-3 7-5
R1: Elise Mertens def. Ioana Loredana Cadantu Rosca 6-0 6-0
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #308
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

10k tournament in Istanbul, Turkey

Jaqueline Cristian(LL)[ROU] - Gulsah Cetin (TUR) 6-0 6-3

This must be her first win in a senior tournament.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #309
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
10k tournament in Istanbul, Turkey

Jaqueline Cristian(LL)[ROU] - Gulsah Cetin (TUR) 6-0 6-3

This must be her first win in a senior tournament.
In her very first pro tournament
Cetin is unranked, but she's 3 years and a half older and she's home, so Jackie' performance is kinda' impressive, especially given the scoreline

LE: not really the first, she lost the qualifying round and entered the main draw as a lucky loser
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #310
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

and yes, it looks like she tries to mirror her peer, Alicia Tornado Black, the girl mentioned in one of the posts above. She also played in several 10ks. Alicia even won a couple of games against much older players.
I don't know if this is good or bad. I guess Jaqueline believes in her physical qualities and just wants to play tennis and challenge herself.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #311
country flag Dan_Doe

But I don't get why Jackie went to Turkey, as there is a 10k in Craiova this week
I think she should play juniors at least one or two years. She's too young to make an impact in pros. By this time of her career she just need game experience.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM   #312
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Round II (LL) Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. Diana Isaeva (RUS) 2-6; 6-3; 6-1

I thing that she chose Turkey because it's on hard, not on clay like Craiova 10k.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM   #313
country flag nutu

nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice

Wow! That's a nice win. Isaeva is almost 6 years older and has some experience
Should be a confidence booster for Jackie
nutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM   #314
country flag Dan_Doe

Amazing Jackie rocks!
So does she prefer hardcourt?
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM   #315
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Good job Jackie

now vs. Ana... I like both of them but i hope Ana wins, she needs it more.
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote