Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #271
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

I don't see much problems there. She's taller than many other girls, but looking at other younger players, the bigger height is not much more of an advantage than a disadvantage. (bad movement, problems with the coordination, stiff net game as possible consequences)

Compared to other players her game is so powerful and much more structured already. Her serve is a weapon that can definitely grow. How many WTA players do have a serve? Niculescu is Top 30 and her second serve is club level.

And her fighting spirit and stamina are worth mentioning as well. Completely steamrolled her opponents when she lost the 1st sets. She is very fit and if she keeps up her training I don't see a reason why she shouldn't maintain her superiority in that department as well.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #272
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Jaqueline will debut tomorrow in Sibiu-SEN ITF Juniors 18 & under.
Jaqueline Adina CRISTIAN (ROU)wc
vs Szabina SZLAVIKOVICS (HUN) [7] 16 yrs and half,junior rank.182 good luck Jaqueline
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #273
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Time to kick ass.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #274
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Good luck to Jackie, but I don't see her winning many matches here. A G2 is still a G2, hard for such a young girl But well, who knows, maybe she'll surprise us again
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:14 PM   #275
country flag Curcubeu

Lost, but won 7 games against a seeded players in her very first junior tournament (G2) which is pretty ok, considering that she just went from a busy week.

We will see where she plays next. Maybe a minor junior event in Romania?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM   #276
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Even if it lose a few matches, it must play as many tournaments like this. For ex. this girl from russia !!? Anna Ureke (sounds like Romanian-maybe..ureche D:?), has less than 12 yrs a half,but is SF.!! in a Herodotou Tennis Academy U16, where it play with Raluca Georgiana Serban 15 yrs old.G1.Stanley Cup Under 14.Tomorrow QF..Dalma GALFI [1] VS Andrada Ioana SURDEANU [6]Nikolina JOVIC VS [2]Andreea Amalia ROSCA [8] will be tough 4 our girls..btw I saw Andrea vs Petia Arshinkova at dr. OETKER Junior Trophy,and she is very feeble even for her age, lack of power and strength but in terms of technique and intelligence impressed me, simply dont make mistakes, and masters all shots, if it it be to resemble a famous player... that would be Radwanska
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:49 AM   #277
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname29 View Post
Anna Ureke (sounds like Romanian-maybe..ureche D:?),
She may be originally from Republic of Moldova.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:01 AM   #278
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I saw Andrea vs Petia Arshinkova at dr. OETKER Junior Trophy,and she is very feeble even for her age, lack of power and strength but in terms of technique and intelligence impressed me, simply dont make mistakes, and masters all shots, if it it be to resemble a famous player... that would be Radwanska
I am happy to hear that. That's also my impression about Andreea, that she is physically in disadvantage but her technique is impeccable. Anyway she has the time on her side, she can develop physically too.
I loved watching her on tape and also in the doubles with Jaq Jaqueline.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM   #279
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Sounds good. Jackie and Andreea have what it takes to rock the junior tourneys in a few years, I hope they'll achieve their potential.
I'm curious about the winner of the G2 in Medias this week.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM   #280
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Ilka's plans

next tournaments

Two Italian and a Belgian tournament
Roland Garros
Two GB tournaments
Wimbledon

and TOP5 at the end of 2012

from a Happy Birthday article (Hungarian)
http://www.szabadsag.ro/szabadsag/se...en.vm/id/72569

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM   #281
country flag Dan_Doe

Such a full schedule she has. And such a...long shot goal.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #282
country flag noname29

Hungarian journalist introduces a Csoregi Ilka... Csöregi Ilka az erdélyi teniszsport legnagyobb reménysége.(Csöregi Ilka the greatest hope of the Transylvanian tennis ...
Understand that it was hard to pronounce word romania, or to present it.. Romanian player of Hungarian descent, born in Cluj-Napoca. However wonder not said she is the great hope of Hungarian tennis .Otherwise I found a really cool interview with Ilka, is very beautiful and nice girl
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM   #283
country flag noname29

dont know if it was posted, but worth seeing, even if the interviewer talking too much http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BaOY6OuDGoo
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #284
country flag codrutc

Quote:
dont know if it was posted, but worth seeing, even if the interviewer talking too much http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BaOY6OuDGoo
Yep, that was the first interview I found when I first tried to see who Ilka was. You are right, that host talks way too much, really annoying

I think it's nice that she has high goals as long as she works hard to try to achieve them. I would like to see her number 1.
I wish Google translate would do a better job with that Hungarian article but I believe I got the main ideas from it.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM   #285
country flag codrutc

Both Andreea and Andrada lost in the QF in the Italian tournament