Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #256
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Both G2s of this week have a romanian girl qualified in the final: Irina Bara and Ioana Rosca. Hopefully they win the tournaments

Does anybody know why Andreea Gradinaru isn't playing itf junior tourneys? All the good girls in her age group, or even younger, are doing so since last year
Yes, and it looks like it has been a while since I've heard of good performances by Romanian juniors. The first quarter of this year has been very quiet. I expected a lot more from Ilka and Ioana. Even the little Andreea has regressed, it seems. I don't know what's going on. Also, the boys (Borza and Frunza) have only played one tournament this year.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #257
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Yes, and it looks like it has been a while since I've heard of good performances by Romanian juniors. The first quarter of this year has been very quiet. I expected a lot more from Ilka and Ioana. Even the little Andreea has regressed, it seems. I don't know what's going on. Also, the boys (Borza and Frunza) have only played one tournament this year.
Yeah, the girls have been a bit dissapointing. Especially Ilka At least lil' Jackie won Les Petits As
Oh, and you may know Tornado Ali Black, she's hyped on TF. She lost 5-12 against Jaqueline on hard in that final and a month or so later she defeated Ilka 12-4 on clay That's how it works.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #258
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Jacqueline's result is overshadowing everything so far, but if you look at the list of winners or junior players that went deep in Les Petits As, they nearly all made it far in their career or at least into the Top 50 if injury free. Cristian is a big talent, one of Europe's biggest out of her group of age in which the Americans dominate comfortably, so it's not even that easy for her to keep on track with her biggest rivals.

The only other final of a Junior Player was Cadar in Umag:

64 W H2H vs LACKOVA, Dominika (SVK) 6-3 7-5
32 W H2H vs ZAGORAC, Eva (SLO) 1-6 6-2 6-3
16 W H2H vs CHIESA, Deborah (ITA) 6-3 7-6(4)
QF W H2H vs KONJUH, Ana (CRO) 6-4 6-2
SF W H2H vs BEKEFI, BIANKA (HUN) 6-0 6-3
FR L H2H vs PERA, Bernarda (CRO) 6-2 4-6 6-7(4)

I'm going to update the junior rankings soon.

I have to admit that I'm very disappointed of Ilka. She is rather regressing than improving, but I don't know where the reasons can be found, but judging from the results where she had an impressive run in South America last year playing several matches back to back, I would say her fitness isn't what it used to be and what is used to be needed for a player with her style.
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #259
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Both G2s of this week have a romanian girl qualified in the final: Irina Bara and Ioana Rosca. Hopefully they win the tournaments

Does anybody know why Andreea Gradinaru isn't playing itf junior tourneys? All the good girls in her age group, or even younger, are doing so since last year

Both lost
BUT...Laura Enea and Teona Velehorschi won their G5s
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #260
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ia-wta-9575001

Quote:
Jaqueline Cristian has one nine months favored the WTA circuit, the Viktoria Azarenka. Initially, the model was Maria Sharapova, but after signing a sponsorship contract with Belarusian companies through management, romance and vision changed.

"While we have signed a sponsorship deal with Viktoria Azarenka, and then I decided to" steal "some things in her game in her attitude," says Jacqueline Christian, which receives all the Belarusian clothing contest. Moreover, she weaves hair as Viktoria Azarenka, and during the service already has the same tick, to draw the stem shoulder.

Jacqueline is aware that no one Romanian failed to beat up today on the WTA world number one, but says this will happen sooner or later. "One day you lose Azarenka before a representative of Romania. Maybe catch myself a few years and I will and make it", to Jaqueline ambţionat Cristian.

Sharapova gave her advice

For now, the young player had no chance to personally meet Azarenka, but instead took the opportunity to change a few words with another female tennis star Maria Sharapova. "He said we need to work hard, tennis is a lot of work, and at that age I only focus on sport", has confided Jaqueline.

The ordinary day in the life of Jacqueline player Cristian

5:00 wake

6:00 left in training

7:00 start of first training day on the ground (2:00)

9:30 second training session, a physical Stadium "Iolanda Balaş" (one hour and 45 minutes)

12:00 rest

2:00 p.m. third workout of the day (3:00)

Lessons for school 7:00 p.m.
As long as she doesn't imitate that 'grunt', I'm fine.

Quote:
They say that intellectual maturity does not depend on age. Less than 14 years old, Jacqueline Christian, winner of last edition of World Tour "Les Petits As", a true World Championship U14 juniors, already thinking like an adult. With a well defined path, the young Romanian and corridor created by the great performance and announced one of the great stars of Romanian sports.

An interview with Jacqueline Cristian seems as exciting as a tennis match Nadal - Djokovic. As the two titans of tennis, which are always ready to lift up one hit in top hat with surprises, young players juggling questions and seems not challenged by any of them. After the speech, you realize quickly that has cloth champion. Jaqueline frankly shocked that his and is prepared to deal with cameras. Unnatural for a child about 14 years, right? But where so mature? "Sport matured me a lot. Work makes you open your eyes. Parents have always been open with me, told me what life and coach, Costel Enache, which can me and stood more than my father, I helped to get where they are today ", references player.

"At first I did not know nor run"

Tennis practice is four years, the father's suggestion. "My parents grew up with my coach, who opened an academy, so naturally I got to keep the rocket in hand. Talented I was but the beginning, I knew not to run. But not me forced parents to practice tennis, but I just began to love the sport. After about ten years we have reached an acceptable level, with a lot of work and training since the early morning ", he tells us Jaqueline.

Awarded to Michael Chang

Career player emerged some time ago, when he managed to win "Les Petits As". World Junior A was practically the first major test. "I finally played it in front of 5,000 people, and the audience I felt on my side. I had a memorable one, and finally I got five trophies. One I received from representative of French President Nicolas Sarkozy and the other was handed to me by Michael Chang, "recounts our Romanian.

In the footsteps of Martina Hingis

The victory recorded in France gave the necessary wings to take flight to the professional circuit (!). Still not allowed to enroll in senior tournaments, it did not 14 years old, but this will be resolved since June 5, when young will enter in possession of the card. "I feel ready to make up the senior. First you have to play ITF tournaments of 10,000-15,000 dollars, but I hope to qualify in major paintings, to collect points and start to climb. Martina Hingis still play ITF tournament in 12 years, but the regulation was another international federation. Maybe next year I will have the chance to play at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, yet junior ", presented short-term objectives Jaqueline Cristian. Player and staff, have already prepared battle plan in the second half will go to ITF tournaments in South America.

"At school I go when I'm not preparing for a tournament. Teachers get along and colleagues and parents help me," Jacqueline Cristian

Jaqueline wearing a rather unusual name for Romania, choosing them belonging uncle after watching a report with Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of U.S. President

Can become number one in Europe after turneulDr. Oetker Junior Trophy

This week, Dr. Oetker Jaqueline participating in Junior Trophy tournament in Bucharest, the strongest race ever reserved for juniors U14 hosted in Romania. Designated favorite number three, new Viktoria Azarenka began the tournament in 5th place in the European junior rankings, but may enter the first position if awarded the trophy. Success in Bucharest winner will be rewarded with 120 points, enough for Jacqueline to go first. "Perhaps it would have been far higher than fifth, but did not attend for six weeks in any competition, focused only on physical training," said mother player.
The best thing she can do. Not long ago, I believed that you should play many junior tournaments to mature, develop and get a first impression of the big competition, but after the recent successes of so many players that barely played on that level, I start to believe that you only pick up bad habits if you so. If you are really talented and willing to work, success will come, with or without a good junior ranking.

Good to know about her name, I wondered about it.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #261
country flag Dan_Doe

part 1
part 2

Lil' Jackie defeated Ivascu and qualified for the final
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #262
country flag Dan_Doe

Jaqueline won the final
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #263
country flag Curcubeu

So, she's now the new #1 in the U14 category like CÓrstea was once.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #264
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
So, she's now the new #1 in the U14 category like CÓrstea was once.
That's a horrible thing to say
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #265
country flag Curcubeu

She defeated Tereza Mihalikova in the final of Bucharest Dr. Oetker Junior Trophy by 6-2 6-3

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #266
country flag Dan_Doe

Jaqueline and Andreea Rosca won the doubles too
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #267
country flag Curcubeu

This tournament has been a big success for the Romanian federation. Cristian won and grabbed the #1 spot as it was anticipated, together with Ivascu and Bulgaru they made 3 girls in the semifinal. The doubles title stayed at home as well.

It also has to be mentioned and this was actually pretty obvious already by looking at her daily schedule, that Jacqueline seems to be miles ahead of her opponents in terms of endurance and stamina. Lost the 1st sets in R16 and QF, just to steamroll her opponents afterwards, only losing one more game in both matches together. Once again flawless and mentally strong in the final as well. The girl is really on a mission.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #268
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Finally got a chance to watch Jacqueline play and she is impressive! Even more so than Shiskina or Kalinina. Her serve is really good for her age and she's not afraid to go all out on her shots.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #269
country flag Curcubeu

Her fastest serve in the final of 'Les Petits As' was 191 km/h, this is awesome for someone of her age.

Her level of fitness is outstanding as well, pretty much winning every 3 setter she plays. She can really become a Top player in future.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #270
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I guess the only question I have regarding Cristian is what is going to happen when her physical advantage over the opponents is gone. How are her other skills and fundamentals?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote