Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #241
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

2012 Les Petits As (Tarbes)

R3: (11/wc)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. (7)Katarina Jokic (BIH) 75 64
QF: (11/wc)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. Julia Payola (ESP) 26 63 62

Semifinal against Gabriella Taylor!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #242
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

2012 Les Petits As (Tarbes)

SF: (11/wc)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. Gabriella Taylor (GBR) 64 62
F: (11/wc)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. (5)Alicia Black (USA) 62 63

What a tournament! Only dropping a single set and she actually didn't even proceed to start playing here!

Other notable winners of 'Petits As' on the girls' side include Martina Hingis, Anke Huber and Anna Kournikova
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #243
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Fantastic result for Jacqueline After losing the U14 championship final to Ivascu I expected the latter to have a breakthrough here. Anyway its time for her to play bigger tournaments
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #244
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Jacqueline @ 2012 Les Petits As (Tarbes)

Last edited by thadeuss : Jan 31st, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #245
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow great pics She looks REALLY fit for such a young girl
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:01 PM   #246
country flag Curcubeu

Name/ Date of Birth/ Junior Ranking/ WTA Ranking
Ilka Csoregi/ 12.04.96/ 13
Irina Maria Bara/ 18.03.95/ 95
Ioana Loredana Rosca/ 20.09 96/ 100
Ioana Ducu/ 18.04.96/ 200
Cristina Ene/ 18.12.95/ 234
Srefania Hristov/ 16.09.94/ 273
Raluca Ciufrila/ 18.01.97/ 290
Oana Georgeta Simion/ 08.03.96/ 350
Andreea Gradinaru Fometescu/ 07.05.96/ 588/ 1209
Ilinca Teodora Bercaru/ 09.07.95/ 813

Rankings updated!

Career highs for Csoregi, Ene and Simion!
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #247
country flag thadeuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post
She looks REALLY fit for such a young girl
she's 1,73m - almost as tall as Sorana her fastest serve in the final was 191 km/h faster then Begu's personal record

She receved a lot of attention in the media after winning Les Petits As, lots of interviews and articles. I translated one from gsp.ro in which she talks about her daily routine.

Quote:
Jaqueline Cristian talks about her passion: tennis
It's 5:30 in the morning. In the Cristians family home sounds the alarm clock. Noise that makes your brain mush comes from Jaqueline's room. This is how it begins for many years, each day for the young tennis player who recently won the most important U14 tournament, Les Petits As. Jaqueline says amused: "I usually wake up very easily. I go to the bathroom, I eat a sandwich or cereal with milk in a hurry and run to the car, to get the first tennis training. Between 6:30 and 7: 00 is the warming up, running, special exercises. Then, for 2 1/2 hours I play tennis with my coach, Corneliu Enache, and with my sparring partner, Valentin Popescu, a former player, who is 20 years old. "

After training I jump in the car. I must go to "Herastrau" or "Lia Manoliu", depends on the season, where my physiotherapist Ana Maria Finta awaits me. One and a half hours I do other exercises: running stairs, milestones, running, gym. It is important without it you can not succeed in tennis". On my way home, "sometimes I fell asleep in the car," admits Jacqueline. It's already 13:00. "I wash, eat, stay a little bit in bed. At 14:00 I must go, I have the second workout, for 2 1/2 hours. I don't get home until at about 18:00". So this is how a 13 year old girl plays tennis 6 hours per day, plus two hours of physical training. Six days per week!

Every week at 18:30, Jacqueline has tutorials for Romanian, mathematics and English. She's in the eighth grade at sports high-school "Mircea Eliade", where she moved this year. In summer is the entrance examination for the ninth grade and doesn't conceive not take it. Until last year was a student at the more prestigious school "Eugen Lovinescu", where she managed to learn very well, despite her schedule. "Now tennis has become my first priority. I could not cope there so I moved to "Eliade". "Teachers are more lenient, especially when I miss school due contests," admits Jacqueline. Still goes to school 2-3 times a week, when doesn't do the physical training. "I try to do my best in school and tennis," says the 13 year old kid.

"I always go to bed at 21:30"
This is how it goes every day for "Jachetă" (Jacket) or "Zuzu", as colleagues call her. "We don't have to tell her anything. She goes to bed by herself at 21:30, she knows what awaits the next day and never did mischief in the past 10 years" says her mother, Luminita. "Sometimes, when I have free time 30 min or an hour, I read or watch a movie. I especially like vampire or horror movies. I am fascinated how they transform themselves, perhaps because I do the same thing, I'm totally different on court" adds Jacqueline.

Hundreds of serves per day
One of Jacqueline's main weapon is her serve. In the final of Les Petits As, against american Alicia Black, which she defeted, her average service was 170 km/hour. And she's just a girl of 13 who already has 1.73 m! "I worked hard for years, hundreds of repetitions for each exercise, to get here. And I still have so much to put in place, especially the drop shot and lob" said Jaqueline. "We repeat on court, watch the video, make the corrections, and repeat again, then the video," confirmed her coach .

"Sunday is my Christmas!"
Sunday is Jacqueline's only day off. "I don't play tennis, I don't run, I do nothing. I usually play on my computer, I go to the mall with my physiotherapist and sparring partner. They are with me every day. After a week of "torture", they spoil me from morning till evening. For me it's Christmas," says Jacqueline, who in the past three years was only 10 days with her parents on holyday, last September in Antalya, Turkey.

"I know this is the price to become a top player. But I like tennis and will not stop till I get where I want, among the best in the world" (Jaqueline Cristian)

"I know it seems odd for a 13 years old girl, but I don't have friends, I do not want [to have] maybe because they would not understand me! My friends are from the tennis world. And my mother is my best friend!" (Jaqueline Cristian)

"All the great champions have gone through what she passes now. Without such a schedule, you have no chance. But she never skipped it. The best example: she had 40C fever on Tuesday, but yesterday (02.02) she left for Austria with the U14 team"(Cornelius Enache Jacqueline's coach)

191 km/h was Jaqueline's fastest serve delivered in the final of Les Petits, the record of the competition

Although she's Romania's number 1 in the U 14 category, Jacqueline was very close to miss Les Petits As tournament. "The registration is done through e-mail. I sent the form, but I have not verified the confirmation, which should have come automatically. Somewhere a "short circuit" occurred. Eventually, with Mr. Sever Dron's help and the FRT, we managed to get a wild card for Jaqueline, "said Cornelius Enache, the one who is coaching the young player from the age of 4. Jaqueline has played six games to win the title, losing only one set in quarters, "when spaniard Julia Payola took my first set 6-2. But I changed the tactics and won."

Her model is Sharapova
"I like Sharapova because she is always aggressive on the court, just like me. I had the opportunity to see her training for Australian Open. Impressive. She trains the way she plays. Very serious. Only misses a ball every 10 minutes but she apologizes. She has two boys as partners. I also talked briefly with her. It was something very special for me to meet the player who's my model "

"In December, when I trained at Nick Bolletieri Academy, I talked briefly with Sharapova. She looked at me while I hit the ball and told me that if I am serious and I work hard, I have great chances to become a top player. It was the most beautiful compliment "(Jacqueline Christian)

Last edited by thadeuss : Feb 5th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #248
country flag Curcubeu

Missed it for sticking only to prosport as of late

She's taller than me.

But an upcoming Romanian player with a serve! She must have a great career!

What a fighter and what an insane ambition, but that's the only way to reach the top, especially in countries like Romania where your support from sponsors = nearly 0

However I can already see some hating potential in her if she will reach the top at once, knowing how this board fares with fierce competitors, but that's still so far away and future will tell, but we don't have to be afraid about her losing her goals out of sight!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Feb 6th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #249
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Missed it for sticking only to prosport as of late

She's taller than me.

But an upcoming Romanian player with a serve! She must have a great career!

What a fighter and what an insane ambition, but that's the only way to reach the top, especially in countries like Romania where your support from sponsors = nearly 0

However I can already see some hating potential in her if she will reach the top at once, knowing how this board fares with fierce competitors, but that's still so far away and future will tell, but we don't have to be afraid about her losing her goals out of sight!
Actually if this girl really broke through big, I mean like top 10 big, I think she could become hugely popular internationally. As for this board she has two things going for her that should make her far more popular than say Alex or Monica. 1) It is pretty obvious she is going to grow into being one incredibly beautiful woman. 2) She hits the ball very hard and has a big serve. With those to qualities she is ensured a big fan base on this forum, especially if she is successful.

Speaking personally, I hope she does well. That said, me being the way I am, I admit to be more inclined towards players who's role model is someone like, say, Fabrice Santoro, than someone who's role model is Maria Sharapova. But of course that's just me. Many on the board will love it that she looks up to Masha.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #250
country flag Curcubeu

She can polarize the board easily, that's true. And the looks are very important on TF and today in general. I only hope for a Romanian to really break through into upper world class and judging from what she said, she doesn't care about other people's view anyway.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #251
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

That all sounds like a little much for a 13-year old to handle...
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #252
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
That all sounds like a little much for a 13-year old to handle...
To be honest, I was also a bit baffled when I read about that schedule, but other Romanian (junior) players are telling more or less the same stories. That's how it is done here knowing that the financial support is nothing woth mentioning, the kids and parents are forced to act in accordance to the life of an ambitious tennis junior. The same in other sports like gymnastics for example.

But Jacqueline still seems to enjoy the sport and is super ambitious, the recent success was an important confirmation for her willingness and resignation as an athlet. It's pretty obvious, though, that you really have to stand 100% behind the profession because otherwise it's done for nothing.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #253
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

She's so beautiful My son is the same age. I would like such a daughter-in-law (don't think to some perversity )
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #254
country flag Curcubeu

As long as it's only daughter-in-law and no girlfriend, it's ok!
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #255
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Both G2s of this week have a romanian girl qualified in the final: Irina Bara and Ioana Rosca. Hopefully they win the tournaments

Does anybody know why Andreea Gradinaru isn't playing itf junior tourneys? All the good girls in her age group, or even younger, are doing so since last year
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote