Changes in season 2.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Format of season 2....?

Keep the same format of season 1 5 71.43%
Change to having 1000 dollars every tournament 0 0%
Lower the minimum number of dollars to 500 in a tournament 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #1
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Changes in season 2....

Okay, so in light of recent events, managers have decided to let you guys choose a big change for season 2, if you want it that is. In season 2, we either keep the same format as season 1, splitting 5000 dollars into 8 weeks of competition or alternatively just having 1000 dollars for every tournament with special bonuses for home court advantages and article bonuses. Another alternative is to lower the minimum number of dollars in a tournament to 500, so people don't think it is hopeless when they only have 300 dollars in a tournament. The choice is up to you, so please vote and if there is a majority then the rules will be changed.

Thanks, Ste and Nick

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #2
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Changes in season 2....

I think you should just keep the format as it is. All you need to add is the home court advantage and the possibility to write just two articles during the whole tournament. I mean everyone can write as much as they want but they only gonna get 100 points bonus.

Hopefully you'll add the H2H thread soon on ART! You are doing an amazing job.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #3

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

thanks for you words miloti

Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #4
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Format the way it is!
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #5
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I love ART!
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #6

thankyou

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #7
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Part of what makes ART great IMO is the fact that you have to strategize which tournaments you want to go after. No player in real life is going to be able to win week in week out. I think its important that members space their points out between their players at different tournaments therefore if one player has 300 at one then they should have another with like 800 so that week in week out they have someone to cheer for. Otherwise, I can't envision any changes to ART, I love it in its true form, and I'm eagerly looking forward to dethroning Anna Chakvetadze soon if I can.

I think the issue for most people (myself included) is that we have to pick and choose from these amazing games on TF, and we can't play them all...if we did...our brains would be frazzled. I for one will be an ART supporter for the duration of my time here on Tennis Forum, and I will be one of its faithful followers as long as the game continues to run.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication no-hay-igual and Serena4Ever. A shout out to all those players who have devoted time to playing this game to make it as awesome as it is.

ART 4EVER!
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #8
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should have opportunity to skip some tournaments... Something similar to normal WTA.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #9
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

No Beesley. Cause then Everybody would skip a tournament or two just so he/she gets more points for the tournament he/she chose to play!

So that is a no
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #10
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesley View Post
I think we should have opportunity to skip some tournaments... Something similar to normal WTA.
Maybe we can skip like 1 week per season?

Otherwise I think it just becomes unfair...with points distribution and everything.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #11

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Why? We would have player who play in MM and better one. It's strange that some players have to play in ITFs...
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #12
country flag Ianto_Jones

Maybe we should adopt something similar to Tennis Tipping once we have more players?

The problem is Beesley, we don't have enough players and having lower tiered tournaments offers up chances for someone to win a title at a less important event than a Tier 1 or Grand Slam. This also leads into the fact that if someone chooses to miss a week, its effect is widely felt because we don't have the players to mitigate that impact.

I think for now, we should continue with the current rules and then look into changes once we grow some more.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_player View Post

The problem is Beesley...
I really don't like this sentence
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #14
country flag Ianto_Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesley View Post
I really don't like this sentence
Reread what i said, it was the beginning of a phrase....stop editing what I write....
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_player View Post
Reread what i said, it was the beginning of a phrase....stop editing what I write....
I know BTW, Laura can only dream to overtake Chakvetadze.

And I think, that we have limit of bonus points (150) and I think it's good limit. And I think, that the home-crowd bonus is not good idea, cause not everyone could receive it.