Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #46
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

anw about flavia i really think that the game she was able to produce against Marion is a A quality game which could bring her far next year in London both times at olympics and wimbly

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #47
country flag Dado90

Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
anw about flavia i really think that the game she was able to produce against Marion is a A quality game which could bring her far next year in London both times at olympics and wimbly
she played so so impressive I never saw her hitting all those winning FH and not only crossed and the ball of Marion was very very heavy
the way in which she wanted to finish an exhausting rally was so her drop shots were perfect in 80%

she didn't lose the match phisically, or as regards strategy, but IMO simply on the nerve...I don't think she could blame herself for her game or for her choices on court, but only for the fact that when she could close the crucial game, her serve was totally

but after some days from this match I think she played one of her most beautiful, damn and intense match of her career, even if a little bit unfortunate ...and I will thank always her for the emotion I felt Saturday
I'm so proud of her!
Dado90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #48
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

^ Couldn't have summarized it any better... ITA.
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #49
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

@Gaspa @Dado90: same avatar

ITA about Flavia. She just needs to win some of the good matches and just make that experience. I remember the 4th round loss at AO against Kvitova . Gosh, we're talking like she's 26 or so
wiwa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #50
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

the saddest thing is that she 6 chances to make it at the right time

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #51
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
@Gaspa @Dado90: same avatar

ITA about Flavia. She just needs to win some of the good matches and just make that experience. I remember the 4th round loss at AO against Kvitova . Gosh, we're talking like she's 26 or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
the saddest thing is that she 6 chances to make it at the right time
I know. She already had 10+ years to have made that experience on tour. Sigh. But maybe it's still not too late for Flavia to be what she could have been.

BTW, thank you boys for your commentaries. The livestream on Flavia's match vs Marion is so dreadful I only managed to see several points.

And Willy thanks for answering my question. It turns out you're not so off the mark with your thoughts and prediction. Sabine did beat Marion.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #52
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
I know. She already had 10+ years to have made that experience on tour. Sigh. But maybe it's still not too late for Flavia to be what she could have been.

And Willy thanks for answering my question. It turns out you're not so off the mark with your thoughts and prediction. Sabine did beat Marion.
Just noticed your sig. I can identify with this It makes some of the excitement of pursuing players carriers.

got it
TBH there was a little bit of wishful thinking
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #53
country flag wiwa

BTW, in GM I predicted that Caro will win a slam, despite my signature
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #54
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

^ hope it's just a jinx right?
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #55
country flag wiwa

we'll speak again in 5 years

Caro is a good antagonist for my favs. I'd allow her to have one slam It makes the circus more exciting to watch.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #56
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just noticed your sig. I can identify with this It makes some of the excitement of pursuing players carriers.

got it
TBH there was a little bit of wishful thinking

It can be applicable to a non-sports career too.

Oh I didn't mean to tease you. It's just that not a lot of people thinks that Sabine can beat Marion and she did. Thinking differently had paid off for you. You should have made a bet on her.

Methinks being good in wishful thinking is a requirement for all sports fan.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #57
country flag wiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Methinks ...
what a word in an internet forum Would have expected it from Chris only
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #58
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Methinks = A phrase commonly used by pirates, Cockneys and, evidently, by extremely well educated and astutely amiable ladies from the Orient
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #59
country flag peanuts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
Methinks = A phrase commonly used by pirates, Cockneys and, evidently, by extremely well educated and astutely amiable ladies from the Orient
I got it from reading books with historical themes. I'm such a bookworm. I believe it's an archaic term now.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #60
country flag chmath

^ It is so! Very very proud of you for using it Karla! (MASSIVE SMOOCH, no graphic available for that).

My dear fellows, allow me to digress:

Two-three years back, I had the misfortune of watching the "epic" Williams-Safina final, which was nothing short of a beat-down. At the time, I thought to myself, 'women's tennis is going nowhere, how sad".

Today, after the second so-called semi-final, two things occurred to me:

1) Flavia CAN win a grand-slam in whatever time she has left
2) Women's tennis truly is going NOWHERE.

The tournament favourite (aka as Masha) can win in straight sets having gifted her opponent a grand total of 3+ games in double faults alone. The number of rallies featuring 3 strokes or less is 42 (most of them comprising DFs or UE on return) and the so-called 'favourite' is due to face an opponent who, unless she chokes on the occasion, should basically trounce her with a handicap of 3 games in hand (there is NO WAY Masha's DF count will be less than 10 in the final).

And the grand opposition to the favourite is a girl who can basically bash a ball on grass (and nowhere else), whilst the rest of the field has managed to fall to each other in VERY bizarre circumstances.

At the same time, the world #1 can lose to a girl who is an inch above 5 foot, and who musters a total of 2 games against the world's no.7 or whatever Masha is. So basically, on form, she is about as duff a world #1 as has ever been seen, probably even more 'duff' than Safina (who at least got trounced in finals and not QFs).

As for the new breed of tennis player? I beg someone to point out where the future is? Heather Watson? (I'm being serious, too...). Ksenia Pervak? Who or what is it? Petra Kvitova? At least she can hit 30+ winners in a game, if that what it is, then that's what it is. But it is ANYTHING but exciting or interesting to watch.

So, in summary, may the Lord protect the Pennettas and Schiavones of this world, as well as any other lass who seeks to rally from the baseline, for as long as He sees fit, so at least we can have some hope of watching something called 'tennis', at least what I know and try to play as a sport....

Last edited by chmath : Jun 30th, 2011 at 04:07 PM.