Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #1
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute
Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

Hey all! Wiwa and I think it would be nice if we have a thread to discuss and review Flavia's matches (singles/doubles). You know strategy, tactics and such. (Yes, she actually employs a strategy in her matches. ) Stuff you think she should have done better or stuff you think she has done right.

(Now, wiwa you better come in here or I would be just talking to myself alone in here. )
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #2
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

Yeah, Thank you, peanuts

I know it from soccer/football in Germany: We have 82 million coaches in front of the TV. That's why we are so good and beat all other nations. (Sometimes we don't beat Italy )

So let's try to apply some of this magic to Flavia, no?

Of course not everyone can be right. I think it's gonna be fun anyway
wiwa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #3
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

You should get all the credit. It's your idea. Sofa-coaching. Football fans are such a crazy bunch.

Yeah, hopefully we'll have some fun discussions about Flavia's tennis here. In honor of this thread, I'll get my lazy ass to work on uploading to YouTube her AO match against Peer and the doubles semis. I still haven't seen how she managed that comeback against Peer.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Good idea to put Flavias matches into YouTube. Although my feeling is, shouldn't we focus mainly on the most recent matches? Old matches are like an old newspapers. We can refer back to them when needed. What do you think?
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #5
country flag peanuts

Yep definitely focus more on newer matches. The thoughts from watching the match is easier to recall. Speaking of new Flavia matches...she's playing her Fed Cup match vs Sam tomorrow. Bet365 will be streaming it. Hope you can watch it too.

And yeah more people can see her matches if it's also uploaded on YouTube so I try to upload what I can.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #6
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

plz upload all the videos you have
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #7
country flag peanuts

^I will soon. Meanwhile, I'll be posting in the videos thread past matches that I have already uploaded back then in youtube. Just in case you guys are interested in watching them again.
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 03:47 AM   #8
country flag peanuts

Fed Cup: Flavia beats Sam 7-6, 6-7, 6-3

I thought Flavia should have taken this in straight sets. She was two points away in that tiebreak but made a bad miss on an easy putaway to give Sam the slight opening. Overall, I didn't think she played that well, made some easy miss on volleys by being a little too casual and made a handful of UEs on easy putaways. One positive though is to see Flavia being more aggressive--taking her chances on the net whenever she gets a short ball.

This is the first time I've seen them play against each other and it's amazing to see how well Flavia's game matches up against Sam. Flavia may not be that tall but that kick serve goes right into her strongest shot, the backhand. I thought she was also reading Sam's serve quite well. And more often Sam is forced to hit her backhand and slice it as Flavia was able to engage her in long crosscourt backhand rallies. What I find most impressive though is how well Flavia was able to put Sam in the most awkward positions on a lot of rallies. Sam is not the best mover out there especially when she's pulled wide so I thought this was a good strategy from Flavia.
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #9
country flag peanuts

Fed Cup: Flavietta def. Groth 6-3, 6-2 and seals the tie for Italia

Not much to say on this one. Flavia was too consistent for Groth. From time to time, when Flavia go the chance to take the initiative in the rallies she managed to squeezed in a few down the line forehand winners and also whack away some backhand ROS that got me . Overall though Flavia did not need to do much as Groth more often than not will hit an UE even during the most neutral rallies.
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #10
country flag marinaRU

marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold

I missed it all ....
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #11
country flag wiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Fed Cup: Flavia beats Sam 7-6, 6-7, 6-3

I thought Flavia should have taken this in straight sets. She was two points away in that tiebreak but made a bad miss on an easy putaway to give Sam the slight opening. Overall, I didn't think she played that well, made some easy miss on volleys by being a little too casual and made a handful of UEs on easy putaways. One positive though is to see Flavia being more aggressive--taking her chances on the net whenever she gets a short ball.

This is the first time I've seen them play against each other and it's amazing to see how well Flavia's game matches up against Sam. Flavia may not be that tall but that kick serve goes right into her strongest shot, the backhand. I thought she was also reading Sam's serve quite well. And more often Sam is forced to hit her backhand and slice it as Flavia was able to engage her in long crosscourt backhand rallies. What I find most impressive though is how well Flavia was able to put Sam in the most awkward positions on a lot of rallies. Sam is not the best mover out there especially when she's pulled wide so I thought this was a good strategy from Flavia.
yeah she said the same in her post match interview. The first part she didn't say

Glad that she found her angle game this time. Against Kvitova she always got counterattacked. I was a little afraid that the same could happen against Groth
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 04:02 AM   #12
country flag peanuts

^I haven't read her post match interview. Just the post match on-court interview where she said that she loves to play for her country--which we all already know.

Nah Groth doesn't have the controlled aggression nor the ball-bashing flair of Kvitova. This is the first time I've seen her play and my goodness she's a UE machine. Good serve but easily loses the plot once you get her on neutral rallies. Besides, Kvitova is a lefty so it's quite tricky for anyone to play against her.
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #13
country flag wiwa

according to Zamboni, Penne is now #1 in Doubles. @Peanuts, your Avatar could be outdated soon

Though, it was pretty close. According to the scoreboard, Schiavetta served strong but played the rest awfull. They'll probably not win over Peschke/Srebotnik (nor will they ever win the Olympic games, I guess).

Last edited by wiwa : Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #14
country flag peanuts

^I know! Still it says part of no.1 doubles team so it's still technically correct since they are indeed the no.1 team. Haha!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 12:10 PM   #15
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

nice idea

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote