Nensel and Julia - The endless story - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:01 AM   #1
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Nensel and Julia - The endless story

This matter takes a lot of room in Julia`s forum.
We`ve got a thread for everything, so why not having an own thread for this obviously very important issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Lost to Woz, I only saw the 3rd set in which Julia didn't move well at all and didn't play well either. Actually kinda funny that that's still enough to trouble Woz, Julia lost by hitting 5 UEs when serving to stay in the match. I hope she didn't do any damage during this match, $3000 bucks are not worth that..

Did anybody hear exactly what she and Nensel said during the last on-court coaching?

What kind of excuses?
I didn`t notice it exactly, but it was nothing extremely rude.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #2
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all
Re: Nensel and Julia - The endless story

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
This matter takes a lot of room in Julia`s forum.
We`ve got a thread for everything, so why not having an own thread for this obviously very important issue ?

I didn`t notice it exactly, but it was nothing extremely rude.
Making excuses...wow. I suppose Nensel uses this language because Julia tolerates it, or maybe encourages it. She may tell him to hold her accountable for her decisions. Once again, one can only speculate based on limited information (and since I didn't see that part of the match, it's just hearsay for me), but if you say he wasn't extremely rude, he wasn't just being negative.

This kind of language, though, really reminds me of a parent talking to a child.

If she was talking about her ankle bothering her and he's saying that's an "excuse"--well, I don't know why anyone would tolerate that sort of language. They have had those sorts of conversations before; I just don't think that's proper motivation on the part of a coach, especially during a pep talk. The question is, does this kind of language produce results? Not that I can tell.

If it was her decision to play injured and Nensel warned her not to complain to him if it hampered her performance, then she gets the scolding she knew was coming, but again, does it ever result in anything positive?
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #3
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I'm starting to like the new arrangement of Nensel as half-time coach. Julia's performance appears to be benefiting from less attention!

Maybe with Nensel busy with his other charge, Jule is being forced to rely more on herself for inspiration.

Petra Martic doesn't seem to be blossoming under Raj's coaching, so no big loss there for Jule .
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #4
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
I'm starting to like the new arrangement of Nensel as half-time coach. Julia's performance appears to be benefiting from less attention!

Maybe with Nensel busy with his other charge, Jule is being forced to rely more on herself for inspiration.
Well that's over now, Kamke just lost to #99 Jack Sock (he of the many wild cards) in 4.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #5
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Well that's over now, Kamke just lost to #99 Jack Sock (he of the many wild cards) in 4.
If he has lost, surely he will need consoling from his coach . Also, he is playing the all-important doubles which require close attention.

Speaking of doubles, if regular doubles = stupid doubles, I'm curious as to what adjective you would use to modify mixed doubles...
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #6
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Moronic doubles? Clown doubles?
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #7
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Moronic doubles? Clown doubles?
Or useless doubles?

No doubt Julia will partake in this, but I don't think the draw is posted. Waiting breathlessly....
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #8
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Or useless doubles?

No doubt Julia will partake in this, but I don't think the draw is posted. Waiting breathlessly....
Maybe we should ask SuckMila for another nice Italian expression. Takes the edge off of things.

Quote:
Which ATP scrub will she have found lying somewhere in the corner? The suspense is killing me!
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #9
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Maybe we should ask SuckMila for another nice Italian expression. Takes the edge off of things.

Which ATP scrub will she have found lying somewhere in the corner? The suspense is killing me!
Now that Julia is truly Speedy Gonzales, maybe she should be teaming up with Yosemite Sam?
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #10
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:

Kamke, gotta use that synergy

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD)
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #11
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Kamke, gotta use that synergy
I guess that would work well for Nensel, a 2-1 deal.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #12
country flag KatjaS

After weeks and weeks of preparation in Melbourne with Nensel her physical conditioning is an absolute joke for a professional athlete. The 2nd match she lost this year because she did not have the stamina for it.

I don't know if his training sucks or if she doesn't listen to him, but either way he has to go if she ever wants to get back to where she was in the rankings.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #13
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Yeah of course, all is Nensel fault

Because he is playing on the court....
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #14
country flag KatjaS

Everything is ultimately Julia's fault. She is 25 years old, it's up to her to make decisions.

But what do you want to do? We can't substitute her, and no matter if it's her fault or his fault, the way they practice together yields atrocious results. It's the beginning of the season and she doesn't have the stamina for a 3-set-match.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #15
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Sabine is changing coaches like her rockets and what ?? And they all were very good coaches. No nobodies. The same you can say about Ivanovic , when she began making changes she became nobody ( before she was RG champion).
So how do you came up with: "another coach will be better for Julia and he will make all good working? " I really wonder. Its not like so in tennis.

And with Nensel Julia was top 15.... He is not an evil and not nobody in ger.

Btw: All her problems began when she was trying to change something and began working with chaudhuri.

Your hate for Nensel is just ill to me. You blame him for everything! I can't read it anymore.

And yes it is Julia who makes decisions, not Nensel!

Last edited by silesia : Jan 15th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote