Order of Strength Discussion - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #61
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: Order of Strength Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
I'm so tired of this issue.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #62
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
love me some glee gifs! saw some today actually hahaha

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #63
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
I'm so tired of this issue.
One of the top five posts so far in 2011. If any coaches read this stuff they must just laugh themselves to sleep at night......
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #64
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
One of the top five posts so far in 2011. If any coaches read this stuff they must just laugh themselves to sleep at night......
Since the rule does not permit teams to free willy their line ups, it is called CHEATING. Just play your line up in order and stop the match up game. Unless you then let the other team change their line up after the fact.

It is a very pertinent issue and I hope it grows and that more and more coaches read this and think twice about it.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #65

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
Since the rule does not permit teams to free willy their line ups, it is called CHEATING. Just play your line up in order and stop the match up game. Unless you then let the other team change their line up after the fact.

It is a very pertinent issue and I hope it grows and that more and more coaches read this and think twice about it.
Free Willy - wasn't that a movie? Anyway that line of thinking is very dramatic and assumes that most coaches don't already 'get' the rule. I know there are exceptions out there but the level of analysis here is over-zealous.....the horse died a couple weeks ago.......
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #66
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

For me, the order of strength is fun to talk about, even though I believe most of the time the post show something that is not so clear to confidently call cheating, but that there is something there to talk about. And this forum is about talking about women's college tennis.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
For me, the order of strength is fun to talk about, even though I believe most of the time the post show something that is not so clear to confidently call cheating, but that there is something there to talk about. And this forum is about talking about women's college tennis.
I was just expanding on the comment about being "tired" of this topic. Having said that, I agree it is about women's tennis......not saying to stop...just not to get so hung up about it.......it really is close to meaningless in terms of changing anything.......just like getting hung up on the acuracy of mid-season rankings and then some here calling 'foul' if a team doesn't position their lineup accordingly....ha ha...rich stuff :-)
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #68
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

How can I not mention these especially when Duke def. UNC 4-3 ?

1.DeBruycker def. Fahoum 2,3
3. Zsilinszka def. Featherston 36, 62, 63

Doubles Fahoum/Nze split up to 'maximize' their winning chance, so;

1. Featherstone/McHale def. Kahan/Nze 8-3
2. Fahoum/Mar def. Stone/Durisic 8-5

Duke wins doubles pt.

As I said before, it will be REALLY interesting to see if Nze/Fahoum WILL
play for the Doubles championship..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #69
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
How can I not mention these especially when Duke def. UNC 4-3 ?

1.DeBruycker def. Fahoum 2,3
3. Zsilinszka def. Featherston 36, 62, 63

Doubles Fahoum/Nze split up to 'maximize' their winning chance, so;

1. Featherstone/McHale def. Kahan/Nze 8-3
2. Fahoum/Mar def. Stone/Durisic 8-5

Duke wins doubles pt.

As I said before, it will be REALLY interesting to see if Nze/Fahoum WILL
play for the Doubles championship..
Fantic, with all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about here, okay? You aren't there at every home match like I am. There's no way Fahoum/Nze play together better than Fahoum/Mar and Nze/Kahan. Nadine and Hanna just really complement each other because Hanna is really good at hitting passing shots and lobs while Nadine has great poach volleys. Ellah needs to be with Rachel because Rachel is mentally tough and keeps the team together in tough situations. Nze/Fahoum won 50% of matches at number one. Guess what? Nze/Kahan has won 50% of matches at 1. Are you really going to argue that Nze/Fahoum is a better team than Nze/Kahan? What are you going to use to support it? Rankings of course don't matter because not all teams played in the fall, so that would be a biased measurement. This isn't stacking. You of course are obsessed with finding grand conspiracies where none exist and I'm sure you will ignore everything I'm saying and just state that Duke is stacking everything, so I freakin don't know why I try anymore, but, for the last time: Nze/Fahoum didn't work well together. They have the same strengths and the same weaknesses. Kahan complements Ellah's weakness particularly well. Hanna just has great chemistry with Nadine that you can only see if you are at the match, and they seem to have this intuitive sense about what the other one is going to do that Ellah and Nadine never displayed.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM   #70
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

All right, so Nze/Fahoum will not play NCAA doubles since they're not very good by your acct,

even though they're ranked #12 so eligible for the tournament.

Anyway they're not even playing together now, so.

(But they weren't bad at Riviera... )

But I stand by about singles 1 & 3, since it's pretty blatant

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 12th, 2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #71
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
All right, so Nze/Fahoum will not play NCAA doubles since they're not very good by your acct,

even though they're ranked #12 so eligible for the tournament.

Anyway they're not even playing together now, so.

(But they weren't bad at Riviera... )
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 05:01 AM   #72
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
What? As mboyle said they're not even that good,

AND they're not even playing together now, so

it makes sense that they'll not play the

doubles championship, no? It won't be fair to

other lower ranked doubles teams who slugged all

dual season. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Don't have anything constructive to

say, eh?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #73
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
What? As mboyle said they're not even that good,

AND they're not even playing together now, so

it makes sense that they'll not play the

doubles championship, no? It won't be fair to

other lower ranked doubles teams who slugged all

dual season. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Don't have anything constructive to

say, eh?
No. I don't.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #74
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
No. I don't.
Good to hear

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #75
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I dunno why there's such hysteric responses.

It's just a fanboard discussion, and I do think I provided valid reasons

for it, like the players' results.

Just think about it. One is a nationally known player for years, AND also a high
ranked player(13). She's playing #3.

Of course it's perfectly reasonable to raise doubts when FAR lower ranked player(and
not even nationally well known) plays #1 AND is losing a lot, AND that #3 is easily
swatting the opponents.

About doubles. There must be a reason why the original team competed at the Riviera, no?
How about the reason being it's the best team? Moreover, one of the player was already a good
one, proving her worth at the NCAA. And now she plays #2 doubles.

The original Nze/Fahoum was pretty good. Just look at the Riviera results. They only lost to the
current #1 Bek/Wong 8-9, and if I remember correctly they were actually leading.
And they later lose to their arch rival UNC's Featherston/McHale..and then to the
NU team.

So, forget the #1, concentrate on winning 2 and 3. So, the best doubles player in the team, Fahoum,
moves to #2.
The new #1 Nze/Kahan is now ranked 71. (during the Team Indoors Nze/Gorny was the #1. That team lost
all 3 matches)
They lose to Andersson/Juricova 1-8 (I don't think Nze/Fahoum will lose like that score)
lose to the #28 UVA team 5-8
and again to UNC & CU team, and GT team..now 4 match losing streak, lost 5 matches in 6 tries.
But it's ok, since Fahoum going down to 2 immeasurably helps that position, and with the strong
#3, can secure the doubles pt

I think this is a probable scenario. And it's fun speculating

Come on, one can't even raise a doubt or speculate? Is just everything all right? No stacking,
no cheating, a 'perfect world', is that it, eh?

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 12th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.