Mirjana's Campaign to Conquer Clay in 2014! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #1
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Mirjana's Campaign to Conquer Clay in 2014!

Pretty interesting draw in Katowice, Poland.

Miki starts against a special entry Jaksic, and if she manages that, the next test is Likely to be Meusberger.

Dare we hope!?!?
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #2
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's Campaign to Conquer Clay in 2014!

In fact, here is the draw:

(1)Radwanska v (wc)Pliskova
Q v Schiavone
Lucic-Baroni v (SE)Jaksic
(wc)Frech v (6)Meusburger

(4/wc)Cornet v Dolonc
Q v Niculescu
Beck v Barthel
Linette v (5)Koukalova

(7)Rybarikova v Q
Doi v Soler-Espinosa
Wickmayer v Cadantu
Van Uytvanck v (3)Suarez Navarro

(8)Pironkova v Hlavackova
Peer v Martic
Piter v Giorgi
Q v (2)Vinci
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #3
country flag mikireturns

Ohhhhhhhh ..... Jaksic currently experiencing the run of her career, playing Kimiko Date in Monterrey semifinals.

Any thoughts, Lucicians?
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #4
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Given that Jakšić just had the tournament of her life and that she is half a world away, my guess is that she will withdraw and Mirjana will play a LL.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #5
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Jaksic beat KDK and plays the final tomorrow. She's earned at least $55K this week. I highly doubt she'll turn right around and travel to Poland.
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #6
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

If Jaksic does make the trip to Poland she'll get little rest and will probably have to play Miki on Tuesday. She'll also have to quickly adapt to clay. Miki would have a clear advantage in that match. If Miki plays a LL, she'll be playing someone who has adapted to the surface and is match ready. I's prefer she play Jaskic actually to a LL.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #7
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

These are the sound effects Miki will be treated to if she does play Jaksic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqyoGf-EVeE
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #8
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
These are the sound effects Miki will be treated to if she does play Jaksic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqyoGf-EVeE

So obnoxious!!!! (she is pretty, though)
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #9
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Not In The Doubles Draw Now When She Would Be Seeded
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #10
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
If Jaksic does make the trip to Poland she'll get little rest and will probably have to play Miki on Tuesday. She'll also have to quickly adapt to clay. Miki would have a clear advantage in that match. If Miki plays a LL, she'll be playing someone who has adapted to the surface and is match ready. I's prefer she play Jaskic actually to a LL.
I think tournament's on hard this year.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #11
country flag mikireturns

^Right you are. This year's Open is held on indoor hard courts instead of indoor clay.

Well, that adds an even more interesting ingredient to the mix. Conditions ought to favor Miki's fast-paced game. We hope.

Jaksic will probably make it to Poland seeing as they're giving her a special exemption spot, but how she'll cope remains to be seen.

Miki's not slated to play on Monday, so we'll know on Tuesday how things will unfold. Looks like Arvidsson is the probably LL, if someone will an LL spot based on a Jaksic withdrawal. (And provided Arvidsson hangs around to claim an LL spot).

Bummed Miki's not in the dubs, here. She would have had a decent shot at winning this event as a seed with a reasonably good partner.

Jaksic is taking some heat for what many perceive as her gamesmanship and bad attitude during the match with Kimiko. Don't know much about this girl. If she wins Monterrey over Ivanovic, I doubt she'll have much in the tank for a quick trip to Poland, jet-lag included.

Suddenly, this main draw appearance of Miki doesn't seem to be quite as encouraging or as hopeful. Good luck to her all the same.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #12
country flag SERVivor

both courts will be streamed
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #13
country flag mikireturns

Miki not on the schedule for Tuesday, although a very late night slot for a singles match exists. Looks like they are going to make a special provision so Jaksic can make it to the event and maybe play Wednesday?

Hope Miki throttles her. Saw a vid of this girl over at tennis.com and the screaming is unbelievable. Worse than Larcher de Brito.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #14
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Jaksic is like Sharapova and Azarenka combined...on steroids...but only in the vocal department. Good lord, I' not sure I could stop laughing if I were at the stadium.

We do have live streaming available, today at around 4PM local

Last edited by ma re : Apr 9th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #15
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Jaksic is like Sharapova and Azarenka combined...on steroids...but only in the vocal department. Good lord, I' not sure I could stop laughing if I were at the stadium.

We do have live streaming available, today at around 4PM local
and live Screaming !
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote