Mirjana in the start of 2015! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #1
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Mirjana in the start of 2015!

So we are all loking towards 2015..
What do you think she will play..

I think:
Premier Brisbane(probably MD)
Premier Sydney (Q-draw)
Australian Open

after that maybe Fed Cup in Budapest(because of Olympics). If so, she should play then:
Premier Antwerpen (indoors)
Premier 5 Dubai (defending last year points from Doha)
Doha?
Indian Wells
Miami

That would be a lot of play at the start of the year, but she had a lot of rest now, no?
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #2
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana in the start of 2015!

can't believe we still have to wait 7 weeks for start of 2015. The season is actually starting a week later than last season.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #3
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana not in MD for any WTA tournament in week 1.
I guess she's an alt in Brisbane, by my calculations 1st or 2nd.
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #4
ajmo!

I was right. 2nd alt.
Only possible top 20 WC is Makarova so Miki's actually 1st alt and if somebody pulls out or Makarova doesn't ask for WC-she's in MD
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #5
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure it's such a good idea for her to enter all big tournaments, especially for Australian season.
She never did well downunder, wish she would try NZ tournaments instead, for higher chance of winning, due to weaker fields.

But she's obviously keen to challenge top players

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #6
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

And hopefully she will also play double and find a good partner

Good luck for 2015 Miki
You have a great opportunity to enter Top 50 or even Top 30, don't waste the chance

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #7
ajmo!

Brisbane surface is one of the fastest on tour.
But yes, I think Mirjana doesn't like it much down under. Since they changed the surface ball bounces a lot higher and I think Mirjana finds it hard to deal with topspin on that surface.
Remeber she lost 64 62 to Cirstea at Australian Open 2011, In 2012 lost to Larriere in 2 sets in Q, in 2013 lost in 2 to Safarova, and last year won only 3 games against Lisicki.

Hope that can change.

It would be good if she could win few matches in Brisbane and Melbourne. Then she should do better in Belgium and Dubai(I guess she'll play that tournaments).
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #8
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

I don't see why she can't play better this time. She's so tall top spin shouldn't bother her too much. Against Lisicki her movement looked bad. I think she is just a slow starter. She needs matches to get in the groove and when you haven't had any in a few months it's tough to get grooved. She needs good draws.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
Old Nov 27th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #9
country flag jbertovic

jbertovic is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope Miki plays in Sydney (so I can see her play) However, I think she should play Auckland then Hobart. Weaker fields, MD opportunity and match play. Hope she starts off in Australia in good form. Can't wait to see her play!
jbertovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #10
country flag kfh_9118

just hoping she will get at least a win under her belt before the AO MD.

And having a good draw in AO is very crucial too

Old Nov 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #11
ajmo!

Well, whens she starts it will be her 2nd match in 4 months. Really hope she has a good start.
Old Nov 28th, 2014, 01:07 AM   #12
country flag SERVivor

I think we can't expect much in her first tournament if she gets a tough draw. Hopefully she gets good draws in her two warm up tournaments and gets at least three or four matches in before the Aust. Open.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
Old Dec 2nd, 2014, 05:18 PM   #13
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Hobart MD
Old Dec 2nd, 2014, 09:33 PM   #14
ajmo!

That's one strong list. In most Internationals she would be seeded, here she's last in MD.
A bit surprised, expected to see her in Sydney Q-draw.
This means she'll travel a lot by plane in start of the year. From USA to Brisbane(Queensland) than to Hobart(Tasmania) and then Melbourne(Victoria).
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 02:16 AM   #15
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
That's one strong list. In most Internationals she would be seeded, here she's last in MD.
A bit surprised, expected to see her in Sydney Q-draw.
This means she'll travel a lot by plane in start of the year. From USA to Brisbane(Queensland) than to Hobart(Tasmania) and then Melbourne(Victoria).
It's normal that Australian Open warm ups have loaded entry lists. It looks like she will get into two warm up main draws. Let's just hope she gets relatively good draws in both. Theoretically she could draw top seeds in both as she is at very low end of acceptance lists. It would be bad if she lost two first rounds and had little preparation for Australian Open. Don't think overplaying would be good either but I think she needs more than two matches to adequately prepare.

It's some travel within the Austrlalian/New Zealand region but better than if she flew to China, then Australia.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska