Back in Asia: Pattaya, Doha and Dubai - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #1
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute
Back in Asia: Pattaya, Doha and Dubai

New start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #2
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Back in Asia: Pattaya, Doha and Dubai

Let's see what lies ahead..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #3
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Title in Pattaya would be nice...
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #4
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, after this R1 AO disaster I don't care too much about Ana's february results (in Asia).
Real Ivanovic priority in this upcoming period from my point of view: Ana should to back her aggressiveness, attacking style and power forehand from end of last season (or 2007-2008 if You more like).

If that's happen she has good chances to do something really big at Indian Wells premier mandatory which should to suits very well to her and be close to TOP10 comeback before start of clay season.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Ana MIGHT struggle somewhat to find her rhythm this year but,unless she gets hit with a serious injury or some huge emotional trauma(e.g.,a family kidnapping),it's not gonna be like it was during the mega-slump.....She loves tennis again,so Ana will fight her way back with the help of Marija and other faithful supporters

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #6
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

More than in Pattaya, I want to see how Ana does in the tournaments that actually matter... the big ones.. she has been absolutely awful in them.So let's see how she does in Dubai.. but even more in IW and Miami.

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #7
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Personally, after this R1 AO disaster I don't care too much about Ana's february results (in Asia).
Real Ivanovic priority in this upcoming period from my point of view: Ana should to back her aggressiveness, attacking style and power forehand from end of last season (or 2007-2008 if You more like).

If that's happen she has good chances to do something really big at Indian Wells premier mandatory which should to suits very well to her and be close to TOP10 comeback before start of clay season.
What would be a big result for you Cp6uja? QF? SF?

I don't think would be enough to get her close to top 10.. for now she will drop out of the top 20. Actually depressing.. Ana has no points this year.. so she lost 230 points from last year. And we thought that was a bad aussie season.

But yeah.. I guess we have to see how she plays.. This passive game will take her nowhere.

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #8
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
What would be a big result for you Cp6uja? QF? SF?

I don't think would be enough to get her close to top 10.. for now she will drop out of the top 20. Actually depressing.. Ana has no points this year.. so she lost 230 points from last year. And we thought that was a bad aussie season.

But yeah.. I guess we have to see how she plays.. This passive game will take her nowhere.
Semifinal of course. This is tournament where she won title in 2008 and reach final in 2009, and she says couple times that Indian Wells like tournament perfectly suits to her. Also premier mandatory events is tournaments where Belgians and sisters most hate to compete seriously, so since 2009 New Roadmap BIG-4 won just one PM title (at IW sisters even not compete b/c boycott). Of course, defensive Ana has no problem to lose early against Sevastova-like opponents in 1st round like it happen last season, but we speculate here about Ana eventual results if she backs just where she finished 2010 season. In that case IW SF is not unrealistic projection, and even TOP10 comeback after Miami!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #9
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Semifinal of course. This is tournament where she won title in 2008 and reach final in 2009, and she says couple times that Indian Wells like tournament perfectly suits to her. Also premier mandatory events is tournaments where Belgians and sisters most hate to compete seriously, so since 2009 New Roadmap BIG-4 won just one PM title (at IW sisters even not compete b/c boycott). Of course, defensive Ana has no problem to lose early against Sevastova-like opponents in 1st round like it happen last season, but we speculate here about Ana eventual results if she backs just where she finished 2010 season. In that case IW SF is not unrealistic projection, and even TOP10 comeback after Miami!
SF would definitely be a big time result. But I don't think it would get Ana anywhere close to the top 10, unless she has big results in february as well.

She has 2405 points now. With IW semi, it would be 2855. I think after AO top 10 will be around 3500 at the least. That would be around 600 points away.. a lot.

And yeah.. obviously she can only contend for such results if she goes back to playing an aggressive game. Pusher Ana is not top 50 player.

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #10
country flag gaviotabr

Entry list for Pattaya:

Quote:
Vera Zvonareva RUS
Ana Ivanovic SRB
Maria Kirilenko RUS
Jie Zheng CHN
Daniela Hantuchova SVK
Roberta Vinci ITA
Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ
Sara Errani ITA
Kimiko Date-Krumm
Elena Baltacha GBR
Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Romina Oprandi ITA
Sybille Bammer AUT
Akgul Amanmuradova UZB
Shuai Peng CHN
Ayumi Morita JPN
Urszula Radwanska POL sr 75
Bojana Jovanovski SRB
Renata Voracova CZE
Tamira Paszek AUT
Shuai Zhang CHN
Alberta Brianti ITA
Jill Craybas USA
I have good news for all.. I will be traveling during the week of Pattaya. Since it's tradition for Ana to play well while I'm not watching, she might actually collect her first few points of the year here.

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #11
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

No Fed Cup?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #12
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

I will be in Thailand during Pattaya. But I'll be in Bangkok
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #13
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
I will be in Thailand during Pattaya. But I'll be in Bangkok
Oh! But maybe you can watch something on TV, right? I'm not sure about Pattaya's coverage.. I think it starts at QFs.

I'll be in the US, and I'm seriously considering not taking a laptop with me so I spend a whole week Ana-free.

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #14
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

Pattaya huh... Entering MM tournys a year late then she should have but that's our Ana

Do we know if Ana will play Memphis, Charleston, Ponte Verda?
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #15
country flag tinabelz

tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough tinabelz is a jewel in the rough

im supposed to go to pattaya my dream to see Ana life was planning it since last year but i didnt get to save my allowance ;( thailand is my only chance to see her less expensive than going to china ;( im so bummed i wont be able to go..
tinabelz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote