Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #61
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has disabled reputation
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Where is she playing next? - Doha maybe?

Tsvetana Pironkova
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #62
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti lost 7-5 2-6 4-6 against Kuznetsova

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #63
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute

Pironkova vs. Makarova

Even though she won in straight sets almost all the games went to deuce. The conditions were really windy and tsveti was dealing better with the
wind. She was consistent, and kept the ball in play. She made a few unforced errors but as the match progressed the number of unforced errors decreased I was impressed by her forehand because it was consistent, and she got agressive at times and hit a lot of winners. Her serve was working perfectly as well. I haven't seen her play this well since wimbledon.Makarova didn't know how to deal with tsveti's game and her consistency which lead to a lot of unforced errors. I was shocked to see Tsveti get frustrated at times but it showed how much she needed that win. After the match, she was really nice and greeted fans, and took pictures with them ( it lasted like 10 minutes). It was like the Tsveti from Wimbledon was back.

Pironkova vs. Kuznetsova

Tsveti started off solidly. She was playing better than her match against Makarova. She missed a couple of chances but she was fighting hard for every point. She had 2 BPs on svetlana's serve and she lost them in the first set. Then at 2-1 tsveti was down 40-0, she fought back and went on to win to break and win the game 3-1. Svetlana had a problem with tsveti's serve, especially the first serve because it was working really well for her. Her slice forehand let her down at times, but she didn't play it too often. The line judges were very bad on one side of the court and there were a couple of bad calls. First, at 5-5 tsveti was leading 40-15 , then the line judge made a terrible call and the umpire refused to over rule. Tsveti looked slightly annoyed but she calmed herself down and went on to win the set 7-5. ( she also saved bps at 6-5)

In the second set Tsveti began the game by being in control. But then at 1-1 the line judge made another bad call. This time, tsveti was furious because Svetlana's ball was so out but no call was made. Tsveti was furious, and so were some of the fans. It was a very important point because if the ball was called out Tsveti would have gained a BP, and we dont know were the match would have gone from there.The bad calls slightly messed with Tsveti's concentration and now the Unforced Errors were beggining to kick in. Svetlana began playing better but Tsveti also began her Unforced Errors. Pirokova began getting frustrated with herself because she had been in control of the match up until the bad call. Nothing else really happened in the second set..

After the second set, tsveti took along bathroom break to group herself. But quickly , she began trailing 3-0. Tsveti's fighting spirit( which impressed me) brought her back to 3-3. But then Svetlana started firing winners because Tsveti looked very tired because she was on the defensive side through out the third set. She got slower, and at times she couldn't move at all. She's a strong girl she was still fighting but the fatigue was taking over. I believe she was so tired because she hasn't been used to these type of matches in a long time. The match laster almost 2 hours and 40 minutes. Tsveti was close to tears at the end of the match but she saved a MP, i knew she was still fighting but at the end Svetlana was too good

All in all, i believe that all of you Pironkova fans should be really be really proud of her.

A couple of improvements needed:

1- Her forehand ( it let her down at times)

2- Her second serve could be stronger

3- I think she could work more on her fitness and her movements.
Maryamator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #64
country flag Maryamator

Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute Maryamator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Where is she playing next? - Doha maybe?
That would be logical yeah.
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #65
country flag dreylau

dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future dreylau has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryamator View Post
Pironkova vs. Makarova

Even though she won in straight sets almost all the games went to deuce. The conditions were really windy and tsveti was dealing better with the
wind. She was consistent, and kept the ball in play. She made a few unforced errors but as the match progressed the number of unforced errors decreased I was impressed by her forehand because it was consistent, and she got agressive at times and hit a lot of winners. Her serve was working perfectly as well. I haven't seen her play this well since wimbledon.Makarova didn't know how to deal with tsveti's game and her consistency which lead to a lot of unforced errors. I was shocked to see Tsveti get frustrated at times but it showed how much she needed that win. After the match, she was really nice and greeted fans, and took pictures with them ( it lasted like 10 minutes). It was like the Tsveti from Wimbledon was back.

Pironkova vs. Kuznetsova

Tsveti started off solidly. She was playing better than her match against Makarova. She missed a couple of chances but she was fighting hard for every point. She had 2 BPs on svetlana's serve and she lost them in the first set. Then at 2-1 tsveti was down 40-0, she fought back and went on to win to break and win the game 3-1. Svetlana had a problem with tsveti's serve, especially the first serve because it was working really well for her. Her slice forehand let her down at times, but she didn't play it too often. The line judges were very bad on one side of the court and there were a couple of bad calls. First, at 5-5 tsveti was leading 40-15 , then the line judge made a terrible call and the umpire refused to over rule. Tsveti looked slightly annoyed but she calmed herself down and went on to win the set 7-5. ( she also saved bps at 6-5)

In the second set Tsveti began the game by being in control. But then at 1-1 the line judge made another bad call. This time, tsveti was furious because Svetlana's ball was so out but no call was made. Tsveti was furious, and so were some of the fans. It was a very important point because if the ball was called out Tsveti would have gained a BP, and we dont know were the match would have gone from there.The bad calls slightly messed with Tsveti's concentration and now the Unforced Errors were beggining to kick in. Svetlana began playing better but Tsveti also began her Unforced Errors. Pirokova began getting frustrated with herself because she had been in control of the match up until the bad call. Nothing else really happened in the second set..

After the second set, tsveti took along bathroom break to group herself. But quickly , she began trailing 3-0. Tsveti's fighting spirit( which impressed me) brought her back to 3-3. But then Svetlana started firing winners because Tsveti looked very tired because she was on the defensive side through out the third set. She got slower, and at times she couldn't move at all. She's a strong girl she was still fighting but the fatigue was taking over. I believe she was so tired because she hasn't been used to these type of matches in a long time. The match laster almost 2 hours and 40 minutes. Tsveti was close to tears at the end of the match but she saved a MP, i knew she was still fighting but at the end Svetlana was too good

All in all, i believe that all of you Pironkova fans should be really be really proud of her.

A couple of improvements needed:

1- Her forehand ( it let her down at times)

2- Her second serve could be stronger

3- I think she could work more on her fitness and her movements.
thanks for the reports

Tsvetana's official website
dreylau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #66
country flag Maryamator

She is not playing Doha
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #67
country flag Maryamator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan. View Post
Because she is in Mexico
oo la la thats great
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #68
country flag Ivan.

Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of

Yeah, she is third seeded there and i hope for good run

Tennis:
Magi Maleeva
Figure skating:
Albena and Maxim
Biathlon:
Ekaterina Dafovska
htpp://superigri.com igri igri Play cool online flash games
Ivan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #69
country flag Maryamator

Quote:
Yeah, she is third seeded there and i hope for good run
If she plays like she did in Dubai then hopefully she will do well . Small question, why is she not on the entry list ? http://www.abiertomextenis.com.mx/ju...jugadores-2011
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #70
country flag Ivan.

Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of

Ohh i thought Monrterey and Doha are in the same week

Tennis:
Magi Maleeva
Figure skating:
Albena and Maxim
Biathlon:
Ekaterina Dafovska
htpp://superigri.com igri igri Play cool online flash games
Ivan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #71
country flag Maryamator

Quote:
Ohh i thought Monrterey and Doha are in the same week
i got confused too! apparently there are 2 back to back tournaments in Mexico She's playing next week in Monterey then

Now the confusion is gone

Goodluck Tsveti
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #72
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

Expected Tsveti to play in Monterrey -- she was listed in the players list on the website -- but she's not in the draw. I guess she's waiting til Indian Wells to play next.
Phesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #73
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future

Yes I expected that too but apparently she was a late withdrawal. There were a lot of articles in bulgarian press about the dangers from playing in Mexico and the warning WTA & ATP send to the players. Maybe this was a reason for her to change her mind and not play here. Her next tournament is Indian Wells & then Miami as every year.

Tsvetana Pironkova Grigor Dimitrov

Youngsters - Viktoriya Tomova & Dimitar Kuzmanov
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #74
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti is going to be seeded in IW (no.30) so she starts in 2nd round.
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #75
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

She will play against (Q) Cornet in the second round on Friday

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote