Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #661
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineTard View Post
Tsveti likes playing on fast courts BUT especially because of her a bit weak FH + bouncing too high the ball should bounce lower from the surface something which I don't see in Melbourne compared to Sydney courts. I don't like tennis like Sharapova Serena for example where only power prevails. Still think that tennis would've been far more competitive full of diversity in play if most courts were like Sydney's one.

Маybe because of the courts Cibulkova lost to Aga so bad last year in Sydney. Players like Kvitova and Cibulkova who reply only on power can't win on such courts. Don't we need more courts like Sydney in tennis ?
I am from Sydney and play on the courts twice a week as I had been to Melbourne for Nationals and I couldn't agree more

Go Tsveti A big opportunity against Stosur if she can play aggressively as those are the players who Stosur loses to in Melbourne

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #662
country flag DollyRose
IT MUST BE LOVE

DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingPikachu View Post
Result:
R1:
Pironkova 6-3 6-2 Soler-Espinosa
I'm very happy that she won
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 05:25 AM   #663
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck against Stosur! Nothing to lose!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #664
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

She lost 2-6 0-6. Expected result.
She is really exhausted now.
Hope she can recover herself soon.
Next schedule: Paris(Q) - Fed Cup
Good luck.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 08:49 AM   #665
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice

Tsveti lost the match but I am very happy for her performance over all. She clearly had an injury and was tired. I admire the respect she showed towards Sam by not retiring although it was clear she couldn't hit the ball. As for the power game in today's tennis - it is clear that the racket technology and the big size of the head has allowed players to use power and not technique and fines. Now every athletic kid with the help of lots of physical preparation can learn to swing the racket and hit the ball into play with this big hitting zone and run all day. This is ridiculous and has reduced tennis to physic. The slice, the volleys, the soft hands of the talented players - everything is killed by the industry. If they want to make a balance - they should make the surfaces faster and we would have variety back into the game. I watch men's 3 of 5 sets and they are ridiculous. We should know who is the better player till the end of the 3 set, the rest is pointless. I prefer to watch 3 sets high quality match compare to 5 sets slaughter.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #666
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for her and she did her best which is what matters
It's a shame she couldn't get R3 and that win over Stosur which would have made me really happy but hopefully she can GOAT at Paris Indoors

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #667
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #668
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:25 PM   #669

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Tsveti has withdrawn Paris Q-list.

I think it is a right decision.

She should give herself more time to recover.

So her next tournament is Fed Cup.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:26 PM   #670

Fed Cup Group:
Group A: Belgium, Croatia, Netherlands and Luxembourg
Group B: Great Britain, Hungary, Romania and Latvia
Group C: Ukraine, Austria, Slovenia and Israel
Group D: Belarus, Bulgaria, Portugal and Turkey

Belarus: Victoria Azarenka, Olga Govortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, Ilona Kremen
Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova, Elitsa Kostova, Dia Evtimova, Viktoriya Tomova
Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joćo Koehler, Barbara Luz, Joana Vale Costa
Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Soylu
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #671
country flag davidoff1001

davidoff1001 has disabled reputation

"The next great challenge Pironkova is facing is the Tournament in Budapest in 10 days, followed by the qualification rounds in Doha and Dubai."

See more at: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.ph....kn51vMk3.dpuf
davidoff1001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingPikachu View Post
Fed Cup Group:
Group A: Belgium, Croatia, Netherlands and Luxembourg
Group B: Great Britain, Hungary, Romania and Latvia
Group C: Ukraine, Austria, Slovenia and Israel
Group D: Belarus, Bulgaria, Portugal and Turkey

Belarus: Victoria Azarenka, Olga Govortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, Ilona Kremen
Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova, Elitsa Kostova, Dia Evtimova, Viktoriya Tomova
Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joćo Koehler, Barbara Luz, Joana Vale Costa
Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Soylu

Pool D

- Belarus: Olga Govortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, Ilona Kremen, Tatiana Poutchek (captain)
- Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova, Elitsa Kostova, Dia Evtimova, Viktoriya Tomova, Dora Rangelova (captain)
- Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joao Koehler, Barbara Luz, Ines Murta, Andre Lopes (captain)
- Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Soylu, Alaaddin Karagoz (captain)

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...rica/2014.aspx
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #673

Fyi

Pool D
- Belarus: Olga Govortsova, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, Ilona Kremen, Tatiana Poutchek (captain)
- Bulgaria: Elitsa Kostova, Izabella Shinikova, Viktoriya Tomova, Borislava Botusharova, Dora Rangelova (captain)
- Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Joao Koehler, Barbara Luz, Ines Murta, Andre Lopes (captain)
- Turkey: Cagla Buyukakcay, Pemra Ozgen, Basak Eraydin, Ipek Soylu, Alaaddin Karagoz (captain)
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:40 AM   #674
country flag hellas719

Get well soon!

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM   #675

UpComing tournament is in Doha, Qatar.

Good luck and success, go Tsveti