Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 07:27 AM   #301
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominatorb2 View Post
Tsveti lost 7:5 7:5 against Kuznetsova

Reposting my comments from the results thread...

It was very close, but Kuzzy could have won 6-1, 6-1 if she had timed her return of serve better. Tsveti got a lot more aggressive in the second set after she was content to push and wait for errors for much of the first set. She had a lot of chances to break Kuzzy (30-0, not necessarily BP), but couldn't seem to play her best tennis in those situations. It seemed that Kuzzy was winning a lot of the long rallies by hitting sharp backhands CC and DTL.

As for Tsveti's forehand, it was the same old story -- mostly pushing, a lot of short balls, and then occasionally she'd have a swing at it and usually put it in the court. But she has no consistency with any successful strategy on that wing. Her backhand is not as good as people say it is, but it is pretty consistent. She used it to get out of trouble a few times on her own serve, but missed an easy one at 30-30 in the last game on Kuzzy's serve.

I don't know how the stats ended up like that. Maybe they never counted Kuzzy's second serve return shanks. Tsveti almost never hit her returns out.
~~~
Special Mention: Jarka Gajdosova, queen headcase of the WTA
Purple_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM   #302
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Stats doesnt look that bad

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM   #303
country flag Falling

Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice

and now?
Falling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #304
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling View Post
and now?
Next is Hopman cup

Tsvetana Pironkova
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #305
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Next is Hopman cup
Will get to see her on TV in Australia

Decided to compile some stats from her 2011 results from ITFtennis.com. Let me know of any errors if you spot them

Tsvetana Pironkova's 2011

W/L
WTA (Incl. Wimbledon): 13-25 (.342)
WTA (Excl. Wimbledon): 9-24 (.272)

Fed. Cup: 0-3 (.0 ) (1 round-robin tournament)
Challenger: 2-1 (.666) (1 tournament)

By Surfaces
Hard: 4-13 (.235)
Indoor hard: 1-1 (.5)
Carpet: 0-1 (.0)
Clay: 4-8 (.333)
Grass: 4-2 (.666)

Streaks
Longest losing streak: 6
Stuttgart (18-24 Apr 2011) > Brussels (16-21 May 2011)
Broken by defeating Casey Dellacqua in French Open 1R 7-5, 6-3

Longest winning streak: 4
Wimbledon (20 Jun-2 Jul 2011)
Broken by being defeated by Petra Kvitova in Wimbledon QFs 3-6, 7-6(5), 2-6

Best tournament performances (Subjective)
Wimbledon QF
Palermo QF

Best wins (Subjective)
d. Vera Zvonareva (Rus) 6-2, 6-3 in Wimbledon R3
d. Venus Williams (USA) 6-2, 6-3 in Wimbledon R4

Disappointing losses (Subjective)
lt. Alberta Brianti (Ita) 1-6, 2-6 in Barcelona 1R
lt. Monica Niculescu (Rou) 1-6, 4-6 in Australian Open 2R
lt. Monica Niculescu (Rou) 3-6, 2-6 in New Haven 1R

Three set matches
W/L: 2-9 (.181)
after winning first set: 1-4 (.2)
after losing first set: 1-5 (.16)

Straight sets
W/L: 11-16 (.497)
Average games dropped when winning: 5.7 per match (excl. retirement win v Martic in Moscow)
Average games won when losing: 7.125 per match

Tiebreaks
W/L: 2-2 (.5)

Retirement by Petra Martic in Moscow R1 is counted as a straight sets win.
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!

Last edited by RandomShot : Dec 5th, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #306
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

Thanks, RandomShot for that previous summary.

I guess I'll chime in with the latest Pironkova results. She won one set in singles at the Hopman Cup (over Wozniacki). Lost to Kvitova and Mattek-Sands in straights.

She was losing earlier today to Heather Watson in the first round at Hobart -- I'm pretty sure she had to save at least one match point -- but wound up winning: 7-6(10) 3-6 7-6(2). Next up is Chakvetadze.
Phesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #307
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

Lost to Chakvetadze 6-3, 6-2. Was down 5-0 in first set before coming back some. I though Anna was playing a similar style to Tsveti but was more accurate and a little more consistent when it counted. She was on fire in those first few games, making lots of deep down-the-line shots, particularly backhands.

Hopefully, Tsveti can get a good draw in Melbourne. No major improvements in what I've seen so far this year; I thought she was serving better in some of her matches, but there was no evidence of that against Chakvetadze.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #308
country flag Falling

Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice Falling is just really nice

hope she will do better
Falling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #309
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Tsveti faces Mirza in R1 possible oponent for R2 is Wickmayer Good luck Tsveti

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #310
country flag envy99_2000

envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough envy99_2000 is a jewel in the rough

even if it is against sania mirza...my fellow indian, i want tsveta to win...
envy99_2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #311
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

She is sooooo great! Her serve and shots especially the shot placement, so great
3-0

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #312
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of

Solid win for Tsveti -- 6-4, 6-2 -- but she'll need to serve better and return better to beat Galina in R2. The latter will come in handy against Aga in R3 as well, if she makes it that far.
~~~
Special Mention: Jarka Gajdosova, queen headcase of the WTA
Purple_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #313
country flag SidTheKid

And destroy Aga in R3

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #314
country flag SidTheKid

Lost To Galina Voskoboeva 6:4 6:4

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #315
country flag Phesto

Anybody know what Tsveti's next tournament will be? Thx.