Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #256
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

To add a little to the report from Cincinnati, it looked like Tsveti had a gameplan of just placing the ball back in with her forehand and being much more aggressive with her backhand (which makes sense to me). However, although Tsveti did have a few laser-like backhands, she missed several as well. Also, she got a few free first serve points early on but couldn't sustain this. McHale was getting more free points off her serve and dictating with her forehand (and targeting Tsveti's forehand), and the American used this to get a slight edge in the rallies. Combined with the better serving, this helped McHale get the first set.

Tsveti seemed completely dejected mid-way in the 2nd set, and I thought the match was over with McHale up 7-5, 4-2. Then Tsveti started hitting almost exclusively slice forehands, and this helped her get back into the match, as McHale started making more errors. Once Tsveti took the 2nd set, I thought she might have the momentum to win.

But Tsveti completely abandoned the slice forehand in the third, and the same pattern of the first set returned. McHale won the first point of 3 service games in a row by serving aces or unreturnables out wide to Tsveti's forehand. Tsveti couldn't get back into it and was obviously frustrated. On the forehand side, she would either hit soft and short or hit it extremely hard, and only one of these blasts went in.

Although the Cincinnati facility was pretty nice, there was an occasional problem with sound disturbing the players. There were speakers throughout the complex so that sounds from center court could be heard in other areas. At this point in the day, there was also a live band nearby playing that could be easily heard. But it became worse when this music was joined by singing on center court coming through a nearby speaker -- it was pissing me off trying to watch the match, so I'm sure it bothered the players. I think Tsveti and her father were complaining to the judge about this a few times, but the judge wouldn't (or couldn't) do anything about it.

Kiril moved around the court throughout the match -- not too much of a crowd -- and was generally cheering positively for Tsveti. On one break point, Tsveti hit the return out and acted upset, and Kiril said, "You're giving her presents". I also think I heard Tsveti say, after missing another first serve, "Get in, mother f*****" (All this was in Bulgarian, of course.) (Not trying to make her look bad; she behaved pretty well, especially compared to what I saw in the Rodionova vs. Strycova Zahlavova match a couple of days before.)

Hopefully, she can be more consistent with her backhand and put a little more on the forehand in the upcoming hard court matches.
Phesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #257
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of

Thanks for the report, Phesto! Sounds like Tsveti had the right game plan for the first two sets, but not the third. If her forehand isn't working, she needs to slice it almost exclusively, which she obviously didn't. Her forehand is either going to be money out of the gate (which it wasn't), or awful.

Pushers are just a bad match-up for Tsveti at the moment. I think she's just too impatient to deal with them properly. Which is odd, because she is as patient as can be against ballbashers like Venus, which is why she has so much success against then. We'll see how she approaches Niculescu, the queen pusher of the WTA.
~~~
Special Mention: Jarka Gajdosova, queen headcase of the WTA
Purple_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 02:24 AM   #258
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of

Tsveti's R1 match will be Sunday, the second of three matches the Grandstand court. First match starts at 12:30 EST.

OOP: http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...011/602/OP.pdf
~~~
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM   #259
country flag Purple_Rain

Tsveti lost 3-6, 2-6 to Niculescu. She won 4/20 service points in the second set. Don't know what to say except . You have to wonder if Tsveti even cares about her career at this point.
~~~
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM   #260
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Please re-group.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM   #261
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future

Outside of Wimbledon this two years she is just awful. At least this year she won two in matches in a row in Palermo which was something she didn't do after her famous SF in 2009. I don't know where is the problem, how is she training but it's apparently not working very well for her. I am not surprised anymore of her results. She can lose from absolutely anyone in top 200. She just needs a change but we know that's something she ain't gonna do.

Tsvetana Pironkova Grigor Dimitrov

Youngsters - Viktoriya Tomova & Dimitar Kuzmanov
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:31 AM   #262
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Rain View Post
Tsveti lost 3-6, 2-6 to Niculescu. She won 4/20 service points in the second set. Don't know what to say except . You have to wonder if Tsveti even cares about her career at this point.

Tsveti
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!

Last edited by RandomShot : Aug 22nd, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:14 AM   #263
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #264
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has disabled reputation

US Open - 1st round

Tsvetana Pironkova - Vinginie Razzano

Tsvetana Pironkova
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #265
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

For Tsveti, the bad news: Other than recent form -- and it seems like the loss to Niculescu is worse than the one to McHale -- Tsveti is 0-2 against Razzano (straight sets in Athens 2004 and Hobart 2009, both hard courts).

The good news: Razzano hasn't done well in her last two tournaments either: retiring to Benesova in the 2nd round of qualifiers at Montreal, and losing to Daniilidou 2-6, 2-6 at Cincinnati.

Who knows -- maybe she'll surprise us. aide.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #266
country flag Purple_Rain

Venus in SF. I don't think Tsveti can stay motivated for that long.

Razzano is an easy opponent but a bad match-up for Tsveti. Somehow, I think Tsveti will find a way to lose. If she wins, though, she'll have an excellent chance at meeting Sharapova in the fourth round. Peng is injured and Goerges can't win on hard courts, especially if she tries to ballbash her way past Tsveti.
~~~
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #267
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Haide Tsveti!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #268
country flag Phesto

Tsveti won first set, 6-2
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #269
country flag Purple_Rain

Haide Tsveti! With Sharapova playing like this and Kvitova out, you could make the.... Actually, it works better when I say the scoreboard is probably glitched when Tsveti is leading.
~~~
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #270
country flag Phesto

Pironkova def. Razzano: 6-2, 6-3

Peng Shuai up next, who defeated Lepchenko 6-3, 6-4.