Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #16
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation
Re: Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

She didn't play last week and rested some days for injury, so she may be a little bit rusty and nervous. She just need a match to warm up, I expect she do better next round.

Last edited by jasonbloom : Jan 18th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
jasonbloom is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #17
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

A win is a win! Any grand slam match is good.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #18
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats

Come on Lucie, eat the Kookie

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #19
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Yes indeed you're right, no matter what the score it's a win. Lucie did have that injury strain before aswell, so all in all perhaps not too bad.
Anyhoo, Lucie has another grandslam win in doubles, so she's keeping up the consistency there! Lucie and Sorana won 5-7, 6-2, 6-2 against Borwell/Pelletier.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #20
country flag jasonbloom

The match is about to start, I am so nervous......I can just see the first set, hope she can win this.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #21
country flag jasonbloom

Lucie's return is much better and she hit some moonball and high top spin forehand, this change is very great for her.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #22
country flag Acanthus

Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice Acanthus is just really nice

I think every match Lucie played this year has been three sets hasn't it? Included doubles yesterday. Seems like shes trying pretty hard to lose against Zakapalova, but looks like Lucie just broke her when she was serving for the match. Cmon Lucie, hopefully she can pull it out!!
Acanthus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #23
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Thankfully Lucie did pull it out, beating Zakopalova 6-3, 6-7(2), 7-5. That match will not go down as a classic though.

It was torture to watch and Lucie is fortunate that the Kookie side of Zakopalova was on display so that she could never count herself out of the match. At the very least she seemed to be more aggressive towards the end and with some donations got over the finishing line.

Back to back grand slam wins though, which means she actually made the round we predicted her to. I doubt Zvonareva's quaking in her boots right now though.

Last edited by Foals. : Jan 20th, 2011 at 09:38 AM.
Foals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #24
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Woo, good to see Lucie pulled through to make the third round!

Do your best against Vera, it's gonna be tough
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #25
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Nice win by Lucie. Glad to see she is winning grand slam matches playing at a level not near her best sine for the past couple years she has failed in the first or second round. Granted, I'd rather her play well to win these matches, but her mental game is looking sharp. Zvonareva will be tough, but they're friends and Lucie knows her game well from playing doubles with her probably. So we'll see!

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #26
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

This match was hell on earth to be at and lucie got some horrible calls. But I'm so happy she pulled it out. Not much else I can say.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #27
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #28
country flag lauraa00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
This match was hell on earth to be at and lucie got some horrible calls. But I'm so happy she pulled it out. Not much else I can say.
There is a picture on getty images of lucie reacting to a line call, and i rarely saw pictures of Lucie looking angry against umpire Must have been some really horrible calls.

How was the handshake?
Was tomas there ?

So how are your sunburns David ?

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #29
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie
Tough match, but great she was able to win it.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM   #30
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see it but seems it was dramatic as always.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote