Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM   #61
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Isn't that what's already happening? In an interview some time ago I read Piotr describing himself as the man who oversees her career, being the motivational coach etc... more of like being the face of the whole Wozniacki team.

Is he actually the guy who has the main say when it comes to the practicing and technique or is Groenefeld doing that?
Well I'm not in the inner circle but both from what I've seen when she's been at Eastbourne and from what I think she's said - I think Piotr is the main actual coach who has the main say.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:57 AM   #62
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't that what's already happening? In an interview some time ago I read Piotr describing himself as the man who oversees her career, being the motivational coach etc... more of like being the face of the whole Wozniacki team.

Is he actually the guy who has the main say when it comes to the practicing and technique or is Groenefeld doing that?
I guess, but if Groenefeld is the main guy he would be the one advising her on tactics during those on court coaching things.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM   #63
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

wasn't her & Piotr was in talk with getting Martina Navratilova to coach caro
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:59 AM   #64
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I guess, but if Groenefeld is the main guy he would be the one advising her on tactics during those on court coaching things.
Well I think the on-court speeches are more motivational than technical and thus would fall into Piotrs department. Plus, he could be getting his cues from Groenefeld regarding what to tell her about technical stuff.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:01 AM   #65
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lang26 View Post
wasn't her & Piotr was in talk with getting Martina Navratilova to coach caro
No, that was greatly exaggerated by the media. She was supposed to be an advisor with regards to the slams, not become her main coach. And the whole thing fell apart over her monetary requests I believe...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:03 AM   #66
country flag lang26

lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold lang26 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No, that was greatly exaggerated by the media. She was supposed to be an advisor with regards to the slams, not become her main coach. And the whole thing fell apart over her monetary requests I believe...
Oh ok thanks I remeber listening to Martina Navratilova at RG and she said that she would love to work with caro and give an hand. There were also saying Piotr ask Martina Navratilova to help caro a little bit but i guess that was a rumor
lang26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:15 AM   #67
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was actually for doubles and the olympics...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:25 AM   #68
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Sven can't be more than an adviser or temporary development coach..? Piotr has to carry on Sven's work when he isn't their or withdraws support due to conflict of interest with two Adidas players. In many ways Piotr's role is a good one imho, because he is always there for her, and he fuses the various consultant coaches efforts into one package. I do think an independent mental coach is a good idea, because while family is always a moral boost (in a normal family) to have around their are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed in this area for the sake of avoiding conflict.

Hopefully Mortensen is available soon, Caro seemed more cheerful when he was around, but that might be a conscience?

I imagine at some point Piotr will want to kick back and have a normal married life again and work on the academy?

Caro is fast becoming her own Women so maybe she will choose a different setup at some point?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #69
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if there is any way to contact Piotr to offer support and thank him for the work that he did to help Caroline achieve what she has so far in her career? Maybe it is a silly idea but he must be a bit hurt and if doing so would take away even a tiny bit of the sting he must be feeling then it would be worth doing.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #70
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Does anyone know if there is any way to contact Piotr to offer support and thank him for the work that he did to help Caroline achieve what she has so far in her career? Maybe it is a silly idea but he must be a bit hurt and if doing so would take away even a tiny bit of the sting he must be feeling then it would be worth doing.
A facebook group is a possibility.