Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM   #31
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of
Re: Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread

Daddy is was happy about the tactical execution

- Caroline followed the tactics. She had to wait for Cibulkova made mistakes. You can not curb her all the time but she can not continue to make as many winners throughout the match.

- Cibulkova can only play one way. Power, power, power. She just closes her eyes and beat wildly, so Caroline had to do was to be patient.

- She should be ready on every ball, even Cibulkova serves. We knew that her second serve is high. In Sydney, Caroline was aggressive on it and lost. Today she hit back and pressed deep Cibulkova. Caroline do not have to win the points on the first return hit.

- Caroline's own serve was not optimal. It can be much better. She throws the ball too far forward.

- Otherwise, the game was generally reasonable, he smiled.

He shrugged at the question of whether Caroline must economize her strenght through an entire Grand Slam:

- She does not have to play herself out completely in every game. She should not play the best game every game. Caroline comes at a time to meet someone who plays well the whole match, and then Caroline has to play at the highest level. That she did not have to today.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1491579.ece
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM   #32
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Daddy is unhappy with her performance today, she did not follow the planned tactics.

- Caroline starts very passive and is just waiting. It is better that you make mistakes a few times, "said Piotr Wozniacki, who rubbed his forehead worried throughout the match, especially because the tactics were not followed.

- I do not know how many times I have told her that she must get closer to the base line, says Piotr Wozniacki.

- Sevastova played flat, and when they are playing flat, the ball do not bounce far. So Caroline was taking the ball too late and she can not play the angles, she wants.

- She goes a little down in level and it is very dangerous, "said Piotr Wozniacki on her daughter's fluctuating effort which have to be improved if she wants to get through the quarterfinals, where either Svetlana Kuznetsova or Francesca Schiavone waiting.

- Against a player like Kuznetsova, you must constantly keep your game level.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/utilfre...roline-sloeser
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM   #33
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Daddy is unhappy with her performance today, she did not follow the planned tactics.

- Caroline starts very passive and is just waiting. It is better that you make mistakes a few times, "said Piotr Wozniacki, who rubbed his forehead worried throughout the match, especially because the tactics were not followed.

- I do not know how many times I have told her that she must get closer to the base line, says Piotr Wozniacki.

- Sevastova played flat, and when they are playing flat, the ball do not bounce far. So Caroline was taking the ball too late and she can not play the angles, she wants.

- She goes a little down in level and it is very dangerous, "said Piotr Wozniacki on her daughter's fluctuating effort which have to be improved if she wants to get through the quarterfinals, where either Svetlana Kuznetsova or Francesca Schiavone waiting.

- Against a player like Kuznetsova, you must constantly keep your game level.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/utilfre...roline-sloeser
This is really interesting getting Piotr's thoughts.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM   #34
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. It must be frustrating for Piotr at the slams where he isn't able to offer Caroline any feedback until after the match.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #35
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
This is really interesting getting Piotr's thoughts.
Is he losing control ?
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #36
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Is he losing control ?
Caro is not a pet... she has always been in control...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #37
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Is he losing control ?
Of what ????
I didn't hear he has got a bladder problem.

He and Caroline are both saying more, its probably all part of the brand building up thing.

But anyway its interesting to read what they are trying to do.

Last edited by FormerlyKnownAs : Jan 24th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #38
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Not gonna miss daddies comments today

- Stress. Great stress. I look at all Caroline trainings and knows that she can play way better and you sits there and can not do anything for her. Of course I'm nervous, there's a Grand Slam semifinal at stake.

Piotr Wozniacki was suffering during Caroline Wozniackis long fight against Schiavone. In all other tournaments than Grand Slams, he can get on the court once in each set and adjust tactics, calm or fire up.

- Of course I'm happy. With the result and with many things.

- However, the hell .. Schiavone comes out and plays like a man with enormous spin. It is not an easy opponent on such a slow track, but Caroline shows that she WANTS to win the match.

- Although she is down by 1-3 in the second set, she thinks: I still have the chance. So perhaps she takes a little more chances and think differently and perhaps a little more initiative.

- But if Caroline is gonna win the tournament here she must play her own game. Now we must see against Li Na, who plays very fast and flat. It is certainly a completely different match, believes Piotr Wozniacki, who would not comment on the thigh injuries, his daughter apparently suffered.

- I do not know. You must ask her. There was nothing before the game.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1493398.ece
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #39
country flag puppy777

puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice puppy777 is just really nice

Looks like Caro's dad isn't a big fan of how she's playing Hopefully at least that'll motivate her to play better in her next matches
puppy777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #40
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
- However, the hell .. Schiavone comes out and plays like a man with enormous spin. It is not an easy opponent on such a slow track, but Caroline shows that she WANTS to win the match.

I can't help thinking of Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now "The horror...the horror."

You know, despite the fact that I am not a fan of on court coaching I feel very sympathetic towards Piotr. As a fan I have found some of Caroline's play to be quite nerve wracking, it must be a thousand times worse for him, especially since you know he wants to tell her what to correct but he is unable to.

Old Jan 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #41
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Why did Caro not play her best tennis at AO?

What was wrong with the preparation?

Her form did only slightly raise in the second week, it was meant to top in the second week I would think. Why did she not follow the tactical advices throughout the tournament?

Why didn't she carry the great training form into the matches?

This is the trainers department.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #42
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

- Caroline and Kim are good friends. It is for example no more than a month ago that they played exhibition match against each other in Thailand. And her first place is deserved. Victories at the U.S. Open and Australian Open is evidence that it is no coincidence that she is now number one, says Caroline Wozniackis father and coach, Piotr Wozniacki, to sporten.dk

Recent weeks Caroline Wozniacki has stayed in the United Arab Emirates to prepare for the WTA tournament Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.

- Here she has, among other trained with Francesca Schiavone (reigning French Open champion, Ed.). Caroline comes to the tournament in fine form, says Piotr Wozniacki.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...sin-overkvinde
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #43
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

- Of course she wants to be number one. But she has been since October. For Caroline, the development is currently more important than regaining the top spot.

- Defensively, she is where she should be. In other hand, her offensive weapons needs to be improved, "he says to sporten.dk.

- It is important that Caroline the coming months will focus on the game developments, so her chances to win the big tournaments are improved.

Together with Sven Groeneveld and Michael Mortensen (her coaches at the Adidas team and the Danish Fed Cup team, Ed.), we put a plan together on how the balance of her defensive skills are preserved. The've worked pretty well for a long time. But Caroline has to play more aggressively. There are opportunities to develop both serve, volley and returns, "says Piotr Wozniacki

, acknowledging that Kim Clijsters is now number one in the world.

- It's a position she has earned. Clijsters has won the past two Grand Slam tournaments (U.S. Open and Australian Open, ed.). The next time its the Belgian, the global media will focus on. This allows Caroline to take a step out of the limelight and therefore able to concentrate on her own game, he says.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...med-offensiven
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #44
country flag DownInAHole

Hmm, I admit that I don't follow every every word that Piotr and the rest of Caroline's camp says but I don't ever recall them mentioning that she needs to play more aggressively. I think that is a good thing but I hope that is something that was addressed in the offseason.

Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #45
country flag FormerlyKnownAs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future FormerlyKnownAs has a brilliant future

Quote:
- Of course she wants to be number one. But she has been since October. For Caroline, the development is currently more important than regaining the top spot.

- Defensively, she is where she should be. In other hand, her offensive weapons needs to be improved, "he says to sporten.dk.

- It is important that Caroline the coming months will focus on the game developments, so her chances to win the big tournaments are improved.

Together with Sven Groeneveld and Michael Mortensen (her coaches at the Adidas team and the Danish Fed Cup team, Ed.), we put a plan together on how the balance of her defensive skills are preserved. The've worked pretty well for a long time. But Caroline has to play more aggressively. There are opportunities to develop both serve, volley and returns, "says Piotr Wozniacki

, acknowledging that Kim Clijsters is now number one in the world.

- It's a position she has earned. Clijsters has won the past two Grand Slam tournaments (U.S. Open and Australian Open, ed.). The next time its the Belgian, the global media will focus on. This allows Caroline to take a step out of the limelight and therefore able to concentrate on her own game, he says.

http://www.sporten.dk/tennis/wozniac...med-offensiven
It seems that Piotr as well as Caroline is being more open and informative.

Thanks for posting it and the link, I think it is very interesting.

Also the rest of the article, so I have posted the whole article in Articles And Interviws Thread

Hope thats OK with You.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote