Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #16
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Piotr Wozniacki Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carofan View Post
Dad is not happy about her performance today.

She was too nervous. She could not do the things she wanted. She had zero timing in serve and in returns.

- She was completely stiff when she served, he said after a match where Caroline Wozniacki not made a single serve winner and only a few times sent the ball away with more than 170 km / h.

- backhand, she also just returned. There was no power, says a disappointed Piotr Wozniacki.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article...-caroline.html
I guess it's kind of a good thing that he is not satisfied with a win and knows that she can play much better.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #17
country flag Turnip

Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I guess it's kind of a good thing that he is not satisfied with a win and knows that she can play much better.
Exactly, she can play better than she did and as a coach he needs to point that out.

Last edited by Turnip : Jan 17th, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: he
Turnip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #18
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Daddy warns about Vania King in the media. He says she will go for her shots but hopefully Caro can find her stability and win.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #19
country flag TonyL

TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all

When Piotr returns to HK next year(hopefully they will),I will present him a thank you letter.. And that I also hope to attend the AO next year!
TonyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #20
country flag TonyL

TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all

Quote:
Dad is not happy about her performance today.

She was too nervous. She could not do the things she wanted. She had zero timing in serve and in returns.

- She was completely stiff when she served, he said after a match where Caroline Wozniacki not made a single serve winner and only a few times sent the ball away with more than 170 km / h.

- backhand, she also just returned. There was no power, says a disappointed Piotr Wozniacki.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article...-caroline.html
It's important to have high expectation

Last edited by TonyL : Jan 18th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #21
country flag TonyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon View Post
have to disagree, he understands a lot and can get his message across

but no way he speaks English very well

What I mean is that he has good understanding of everyday language in English that he has no trouble to talk in a normal conversation,of course we can't expect him to speak in the way of characters in Shakespeare's plays,lol.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #22
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
It's important to have high expectation
Yes, but certain things should not be said openly and kept between player and coach. This was not a good sign of him making public comments. It's one thing to address it with player privately but not with media. This is what TV analyst say, but never coaches.

Is this common for him to speak like this to everyone ? or a sign he is losing control. I would tell my dad keep your mouth shut to others. Coaches should be more positive. Happy she is doing better but still needs to improve on etc etc etc but future is looking good (example).

any thoughts ???
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #23
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Quote:
Daddy warns about Vania King in the media. He says she will go for her shots but hopefully Caro can find her stability and win.
If they decide to put down rackets and see who has better voice I believe Vania King will win. She has very nice voice. Did great job at U.S. Open singing very difficult song,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5KZ0VvDiwI
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #24
country flag ezone

On her next match, against top-seeded Caroline Woznacki …

The last time I played her it was really close. I thought I should have won ( a 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 loss last year at Indian Wells in their only meeting), but mentally, I went down, and I twisted my ankle, which didn’t help. But I felt my game was matching with hers. And I’m just going to go out there and try my best and play my game … I feel like I’ve been playing well, so hopefully I can show it.
from vania king about her match with Wozniacki
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #25
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Yes, but certain things should not be said openly and kept between player and coach. This was not a good sign of him making public comments. It's one thing to address it with player privately but not with media. This is what TV analyst say, but never coaches.

Is this common for him to speak like this to everyone ? or a sign he is losing control. I would tell my dad keep your mouth shut to others. Coaches should be more positive. Happy she is doing better but still needs to improve on etc etc etc but future is looking good (example).

any thoughts ???
Care to elaborate... Its pretty common for Coaches to publicly comment in most other sports, so why not tennis?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #26
country flag ezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Care to elaborate... Its pretty common for Coaches to publicly comment in most other sports, so why not tennis?
Good point Burisleif. However, those terms are done in the concept of a team. We didn't do this or we didn't do that. The New England Patriots lost a big game to the Jets in American football. The coach said we didn't execute. If a player felt he let the team down that player will step forward and take the blame.

The New York Yankees pitching stunk in the playoffs as well as their hitting. The manager never said we stunk. He may have thought it. He said the Texas Rangers played better or we need to do certain things better but always in a general term. When speaking about individuals they are much more careful in what they say.

Coaches try to keep things positive when speaking. Perhaps, the tone of the interview was taken out of context but a few red flags went up in my mind when hearing his comments. Brad Gilbert, who did the best coaching Agassi and Gilbert never spoke negatively without pointing out the positive.

Yuri Sharapova may have made some unprofessional jestures watching his daughter play but we never heard negative things or a detailed report. How about Yuri Kirilenko. Never hear anything. I assure you they have been asked questions.

Is this about Caroline's dad or Caroline. His coming forward like that. Don't understand.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I find it interesting.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #27
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is this about Caroline's dad or Caroline. His coming forward like that. Don't understand.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I find it interesting.
Hmm, I think we use the press a lot more here in europe... or the press make up more...

As for talking about individuals... we get that too even in team sports... can be lots of motives for it, Mind games against opponents, Cheap way of getting interested bids, or just a way to motivate a specific player, or take the pressure of them publicly, while telling them the real story in secret.

Media is pretty much par for the course today and a useful tool if you know what to do, and which buttons to press in both your own player and the opponent.

It could also be that we Scandis say it as it is, and don't really have issues with this kind of thing.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #28
country flag ezone

I remember asking Paul Annacone questions about his strategy in coaching Sampras. How he wanted Sampras to use as little of his backhand as possible. He focused his strategies on getting Sampras to play inside out forehand and use his big serve and volley game. take the backhand out of it.

Annacone said all this after he finished coaching Sampras. he was very quiet and refused to discuss anything when he was coaching Sampras. Annacone has done wonders now with Federer. You don't hear Annacone saying I'm a great coach. When you are good, there is no need to toot your own horn.
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #29
country flag Burisleif

He only mentioned her game was bellow par due to nerve related issues?

I guess time will tell... wether he has the right approach or not. I can't see it being detrimental to Caro though. If anything he scuppered the usual tabloid fervour... If the story is the coach, that buys Caro some peace? we shall see, he strikes me as a pretty bright handler though and not the sort to just mouth off.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #30
country flag TonyL

Quote:

any thoughts ???
can't deny there is a possibility that media took some words from Piotr and make a story.. Anyway, it turns out that Caro plays very well today