Is F. DEWULF implying that CLIJSTERS will loose her Sydney SF on purpouse? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #1
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Is F. DEWULF implying that CLIJSTERS will loose her Sydney SF on purpouse?

*sorry: purpose, that is*

Filip DEWULF (former ATP player) is back with his blog "the graveyard".
http://sport.be.msn.com/nl/tennis/ar...icle_ID=486861
He's in Sydney at the moment, and talked to Kim CLIJSTERS. This is what he writes.
It's a bit of an enigma to me what he means, but still...

Nu, we moesten natuurlijk in Sydney zijn omdat het Sydney Art festival ging beginnen. We bedoelen de Medibank International met Kim Clijsters als trekpleister. We hebben de Breese ondertussen ook gesproken en het was de moeite waard. We hadden haar misschien beter al meteen onze timing voor deze week meegegeven - we reizen op vrijdag, de dag van de finale hier, door naar Melbourne - maar we hebben zo een klein vermoeden dat die dag iedereen niet zo slecht zou uitkomen. Een goed verstaander heeft maar een half woord nodig.

"Of course we had to be in Sydney because the Sydney Art festival was about to start. Of course we mean the MI with Kim Clijsters as the eyecatcher. We talked to "the one born in Bree" and it was worth it. Maybe we should have given her our timing for the rest of the week? We'll travel to Melbourne on friday, the day of the Sydney final. But we have a slight assumption that this day of departure would be most convenient for everyone. "A good listener only needs half a word" (meaning "Someone that listens carefully, won't have to ask for it twice", Wikipedia)"

I wonder what he means.
- Either he's implying that he thinks Kim will loose on purpouse in the SF and leave for Melbourne on Friday, or that he feels she should.
- Either he knows

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #2
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is F. DEWULF implying that CLIJSTERS will loose her Sydney SF on purpouse?

Duh. She does this all the time.

St. Kim - donating wins to the less fortunate.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam View Post
*sorry: purpose, that is*

Filip DEWULF (former ATP player) is back with his blog "the graveyard".
http://sport.be.msn.com/nl/tennis/ar...icle_ID=486861
He's in Sydney at the moment, and talked to Kim CLIJSTERS. This is what he writes.
It's a bit of an enigma to me what he means, but still...

Nu, we moesten natuurlijk in Sydney zijn omdat het Sydney Art festival ging beginnen. We bedoelen de Medibank International met Kim Clijsters als trekpleister. We hebben de Breese ondertussen ook gesproken en het was de moeite waard. We hadden haar misschien beter al meteen onze timing voor deze week meegegeven - we reizen op vrijdag, de dag van de finale hier, door naar Melbourne - maar we hebben zo een klein vermoeden dat die dag iedereen niet zo slecht zou uitkomen. Een goed verstaander heeft maar een half woord nodig.

"Of course we had to be in Sydney because the Sydney Art festival was about to start. Of course we mean the MI with Kim Clijsters as the eyecatcher. We talked to "the one born in Bree" and it was worth it. Maybe we should have given her our timing for the rest of the week? We'll travel to Melbourne on friday, the day of the Sydney final. But we have a slight assumption that this day of departure would be most convenient for everyone. "A good listener only needs half a word" (meaning "Someone that listens carefully, won't have to ask for it twice", Wikipedia)"

I wonder what he means.
- Either he's implying that he thinks Kim will loose on purpouse in the SF and leave for Melbourne on Friday, or that he feels she should.
- Either he knows

How did you conclude that when he said 'we' and 'iedereen' in Dutch he meant Clijsters included?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #4
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
How did you conclude that when he said 'we' in Dutch he meant himself and Clijsters?
No no, that's not what I'm basing my conclusion on. That's clearly not what he's saying (I guess he's using "pluralis majestatis")

It's what he write afterwards: That leaving on friday would be the best thing for everyone, and then " a good listener ...".
So he's implying that he thinks Kim will (should) loose before friday (i.e. SF)

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #5
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

How doe Filip Dewulf keep staying relevant in your country?

(oh, nevermind. We have Mary Carillo here. Sorry.)
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #6
pigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicole View Post

Please show some respect, "oh cynic one".

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #7
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam View Post
No no, that's not what I'm basing my conclusion on. That's clearly not what he's saying (I guess he's using "pluralis majestatis")

It's what he write afterwards: That leaving on friday would be the best thing for everyone, and then " a good listener ...".
So he's implying that he thinks Kim will (should) loose before friday (i.e. SF)
Maybe you know Dewolf better than me but to me it seems he's talking about the media crew he's traveling with. He's become a real journalist now, remember?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #8
country flag Gawain

Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicole View Post

To tell you the truth he ain't much of a writer either.
Gawain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #9
pigam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Maybe you know Dewolf better than me but to me it seems he's talking about the media crew he's traveling with.
I'm sorry am I not making myself clear?
I just told you the "we" in not what I'm basing my conclusion on.
I know Dutch, I'm familiar with "pluralis majestatis".
Please read my post.

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #10
country flag Gawain

Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold

Read the article.
Shouldn't draw conclusions too fast on FDW's little mysterious ending.
Gawain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #11
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a contradiction between playing the Sydney final, and leaving on the day of it.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #12
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone so obsessed with Clijsters tanking. She has been predicted to tank since she won her first match. For what?

She needs the match practice, and she hasn't been tested or really exerted herself on court against very weak competition.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #13
country flag Lapaco

Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Why is everyone so obsessed with Clijsters tanking. She has been predicted to tank since she won her first match. For what?

She needs the match practice, and she hasn't been tested or really exerted herself on court against very weak competition.
She would have tanked if she had to play three tough matches in a row. Now she really shouldn't with the way things turned out.
Lapaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #14
pigam

We'll find out in a short while...
Maybe Kim will be adamant to prove him wrong

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #15
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

She's a cheater after all... Remember the foot incident?

Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote