2011 Australian Open: Did Not Qualify - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #76
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2011 Australian Open: Did Not Qualify

I think shes a bit impatient... she knows where she belongs to but she wants to do all things like before injury she wants to go high as quickly as possible and maybe its a mistake... she still needs time... and I believe this year shell back in Top 100 but it takes some time but she needst to play more matches and if she wins them shell be stronger mentally...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #77
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
[...] I want Sabine to hire a mental coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
What do you mean by "mental" coach?
are you talking about sports psychologist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Yeah that's what I meant, probably a quick translaton and therefore the wrong word, we say "Mentaltrainer" in German. What do you think?
Sabine & her team: Dr. Richard Lisicki, Nick Bolletieri, Chip Brooks, Dante Bottini, Paul Forsyth & Jose Lambert (entry on 11/23/10):

From Nick Bollettieris blog (1/13/11, bloding is mine):
Quote:
Nick breaks down the top women in the 2011 Australian Open field as well as some of the darkhorses and players to watch. []
Darkhorses: [...]
Sabine Libsicki (sic!!)
Sabine has been at the Academy for several years, and had a great 2009 reaching the quarters at Wimbledon. Last year she was hurt for a majority of the season, but she is feeling better physically and she seems to be mentally strong as well. She has a big game from both sides and her serve is huge when she gets it in. At times, she plays to quickly and this really hurts her. She has what it takes to get back to the top, but she must be more patient when building points.
From Eurosport (8/30/09): US Open - Lisicki: "Will die Nummer 1 werden" (bolding is mine)
Quote:
Das Leben als Tennisprofi bedeutet knallhartes Training. Sie arbeiten auch mit einem Mentalcoach zusammen. Wie muss man sich das vorstellen? Gibt es da tglich "Trainingsstunden"?
Lisicki: Nicht an jedem Tag. Wir setzen uns nach Bedarf zusammen. Ich bin mental sehr stark - und da ich den Sport sehr liebe, habe ich auch am Training sehr viel Spa und muss mich nicht qulen.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #78
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
I don't think we should blame her father, he seems to know a lot about tennis... he even wrote his dissertation about tennis at the Cologne Sport University. And besides that she's working with Bolletieri Academy so she has a lot of great coaches around her.

I think it's clearly a mental problem and she seems to want it too much sometimes...
I second that.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM   #79

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
When I see this video, video I'm not so sure. But they know intended better than I.
I have no idea about your point, however, it goes without saying: Sabine is injury prone! She retired at Estoril and Los Angeles 2009 w/shoulder injury and did not play any other tournament until US Open. This video shows match point of

US Open R2 2009 Q Anastasia Rodionova (# 139) d 23 Sabine Lisicki (# 25 ) 63 36 75:

Wrap Up: 23-seeded Sabine Lisicki made the most painful exit of the day. She served for the match against Anastasia Rodionova in the third set, was broken, and then sprained her ankle on her opponents match point. She left the court in a wheelchair.
Three weeks later she played in Tokyo.

In 2010, she retired at Indian Wells and two weeks later in Miami w/left ankle injury. I have no idea if it was a good idea to play in Miami after an ankle sprain neither do I know if she is recovered from all her different injuries. I hope for her she is, otherwise it does not make sense to play!

Read what she had to say (facebook entries):
  • 3/21: Arrived in Miami last night. getting ready for first match. First seeing if ankle is ok after sprain in IW. Think it will be.
  • 3/31: Doing rehab for the ankle.
  • 4/3: Pulled out of Ponte Vedra. Still doing rehab.
  • 4/8: Unfortunately I had to pull out of Charleston. It makes me very sad because I was looking forward to defend my title! I have such great memories from last year...
  • 4/19: Ever since Indian Wells, I have been working very hard to get my ankle better. It has been hard as I could not defend my title in Charleston and will now miss Fed Cup and Stuttgart. As the ankle sprain is taking a little longer then expected, I continue to work as hard as I can to get back on the tour. I hope to be back in the weeks to come.
  • 5/12: Unfortunately I wont be able to play Warsaw and the French Open. It makes me sad that Ill miss such a great Grand Slam but thats the way it sometimes goes. One thing is for sure, Ill come back stronger than before!! I hope to be back for the grasscourt season.
  • 5/23: [] Im doing everything to come back soon and stronger than before!
  • 7/02: Starting to feel really really good on the court again!
  • 7/16: I wanted to fly to Portoroz on Friday to play my first tournament in months . Prior to that I went to see my doctor to make a last check. Then he said that my ankle isnt strong enough yet to play a tournament without taking any risks. Im terribly disappointed because I was really looking forward to playing on the tour again. Everything was booked, my bags were packed and then you get to hear this. Its another bump in the road and I have to stay strong and keep working hard to improve my stability in the ankle so that I can play soon on the tour with out risks!
  • 7/19: Had a tough fitness session today and went for a swim. Really working on the stability & strengh of my foot!
  • 7/20: Had a pretty good hit in the morning. Its getting better each day and Im happy on the court!
  • 7/22: I had another good hit in the morning. Im really starting to get a good feeling on the court again! This makes me really happy
  • Did some fitness & physio after and will now rest.
  • 7/24: getting ready for training in Florida. Excited! It has been a while since I was there
  • 7/29: Had a good hit today. Im so excited to be in Florida again! Its really hot but its good to train in these kind of conditions. []
  • 7/29: Really good practice today. Incredibly hot today! Starting to play well. Wont play San Diego but thinking about comeback the week after.
  • 8/04: Had a good practice today. Played out some points and my ankle still feels fine. So happy!
  • 8/04: tough morning practice. Getting closer to tournament play. Played good set this morning.
  • 8/06: Hi Everybody, Ive been working very hard in the last couple of weeks to be ready to come back! This week Ive played many practice sets and matches and I feel good! Cincinnati is going to be my first tournament back and Im very happy about it. []
  • 8/08: I had a good hit this morning with Kim and Im so excited to be back here in Cincinnati! Im playing tomorrow at 11oclock my first match against M. Niculescu. Its going to be my first match in a long time so Im not putting any kind of pressure on myself. Im going to go out there and have fun!
  • 8/09: Hi everybody, well it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. I've been practicing good and the warm up was good too but I was simply too tight during my first match... I'm disappointed because I know I can do better. The good thing is that my body feels fine! I'm a fighter and will keep working hard to get back!
  • 8/20: I just got back from the gym. Had a good work out.
  • Im getting ready to go to New York! I will play the ITF tournament 100k+H in Bronx next week followed by the Us Open.
  • 9/02: I won my first round 61 60 on tuesday!! I was so happy after the match. Today I just practiced and had a petty easy day. Jut before I left the courts I saw Andre Agassi. I havent seen him for a while. So it was great catching up!
  • Im playing tomorrow first match on Arthur Ashe at 11 oclock!
  • 9/06: Im back home in Florida. Ill prepare here for my next tournament which will be the Bell Challenge in Quebec City. This has always been a nice event so Im looking forward to it.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #80
country flag bertieb

bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice

I agree with what Micahel said yesterday. Sabine had the match in control @ 5-2. She looked the class player of the qualifiers. Her serve which I admire was very poor. Whenever she missed a first serve it was by a large margin. All credit to her opponent for hanging in there and playing some good tennis to win. Manasieva actually qualified for the main draw today and obviously gained much confidence from beating such a talented player like Sabine

Like many of the players on tour Sabine needs to learn how to play under pressure and when things aren't going to plan.
bertieb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #81
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Its good to read all the insight into Sabine from those who have followed her for alot longer than me. I've only followed her closely for about a year. Funnily enough apart from the tennis I became interested in her through her facebook and twitter updates. Then with this forum I started to get a more critical look at her game and where it's going wrong. I had thought the drop in ranking was mostly due to injuries and lack of matches, but looking back at her results, its clear that yesterday isn't the first time she's lost to a lesser known player, and she's certainly fallen in a heap at times after making good starts. She needs to work on her mentality and have tactics to deal with matches when the momentum swings against her. I'm very sorry she's leaving Aus so soon but I still believe this year will be alot better than 2010. Well it has to be as she only won 6 WTA matches last year, and she's already won 5 this year!

So what's her ranking now? Losing in quals wouldn't have helped it.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 04:41 AM   #82
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

according to Boiled Egg's updated ranking, Sabine is now #188.

she will have hard time getting into quali draw for tier 4 events.

welcome to ITF

Check out Stefanie Vgele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #83

As of 1/17, Sabine's ranking is # 156, after AO it should be around # 180. It looks like she plays her next tournament in four weeks in Memphis (QD: 16 players, two round & she could be seeded). 30 points to defend from Pattaya City one week earlier.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #84
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

welcome to ITF
The thing I least understand/like about tennis is the rankings system

Poor Sabine
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #85
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

welcome to ITF
Yes, but she has further 100 points to defend till Miami but then absolutely nothing till the US Open.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #86
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody watch this video.
Sabine is so sweet....I feel bad for criticizing her.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=290

Check out Stefanie Vgele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #87
country flag Mike81

I already knew she was a sweetie, but I'd not seen her talk for 33 minutes, so I'm very happy to have seen that video. I don't care (that much) what her ranking is really, she's such a loveable character. To meet her would be great, although she has replied to me on twitter a couple of times, which was nice of her She seems more in touch with fans than many players.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #88
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

what a sweetheart

EDIT: she says she is gonna play some challengers and then Memphis. Wants to get as many matches under her belt as possible. Good decision!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!

Last edited by crazillo : Jan 16th, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #89
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

sounds good, the US Challenger are a good way to get some matches
and memphis with the week draw is also a good choice
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #90
country flag Mike81

Manisieva made it to the 3rd round so Sabine didn't exactly lose to someone without talent. Still makes one wonder how Sabine could have gone if she'd qualified but that's in the past. Now its all about getting matchplay and wins and ranking points. It may be a while before her next tournament and I have no idea what she's doing now as there's been no twitter or facebook updates but I'm patient