Sabine's BFF on tour - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Sabine's BFF on tour

Recently Jarka (Jarmila Groth) wrote this for WTA blog.

http://www.wtatour.com/blog/20110105...257191_2258525
Quote:
...A few days ago on Twitter I congratulated Sabine Lisicki on her first round win in Auckland. I really like Twitter. It's a lot of fun. You can write things that are just going through your brain and read other people's tweets, and fans can find out what you do during the day too. I ask my fans if they like my dresses, my website, and things about them too, like what their favorite movies are. My fans are always very helpful! I hope I can reach out to more of them with it.

You can also communicate with other players on Twitter. Sabine has always been one of my best friends on the WTA - I call her Sunshine because she's always smiling, and so she makes me smile. Some of my other friends on the tour are Zakopalova, Cirstea... Anyway, unfortunately Sabine lost today, in three sets to Yanina Wickmayer, which is too bad for her. I hope she can come back to where she belongs in the rankings. Wickmayer is very tough though.

Goodnight... and check out my Twitter at http://twitter.com/Jarka_Groth!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #2
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sabine's BFF on tour

I liked this comment a lot, really nice move by Groth! I like both of them a lot.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #3
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I support 'Jarka' too and started to follow her on twitter. She is Australian I have to support the Aussie players.. she's a good friend of Sabine's so this makes me more interested in her matches too.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #4
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

That was a very nice thing to say about Sabine She sounds like a sweetie herself!
lovethetennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #5
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Funny, I was thinking about this topic recently, so may as well add to this thread. I too was curious to know who Sabine regarded as her best friends on the Tour.

I would have imagined somebody as adorable as Sabine would be friends with most girls on the Tour!! But you never know!!

However, as well as Jarmila above, who else is she best friends with?

I believe Tamira Paszek is one, I've seen tweets between them.

From a couple of Youtube clips, possibly Sorana Cirstea? They seemed to be hanging about together at the pre-Wimbledon party.

Sabine has mentioned Marion Bartoli as a good friend, & their hug at the net after their Wimbledon clash would suggest so.

And, of course, presumably Sam.

Anyone else?
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #6
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine is also good friends with fellow Germans Julia Goerges and Andrea Petkovic due to the Fed Cup, but her BFF certainly seems to be Jarka. I am hoping they will play doubles together one day, although I guess Sabs has a good thing going with Sam right now. I've told Jarka a couple of times on twitter I'd like to see them play together and she replied once that she'd like to one day.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #7
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine just might be one of those people who ALWAYS can make a friend, which is so great for the girls on tour.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #8
country flag sven82

sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice sven82 is just really nice

Sunshine is a very fitting nickname for Sabine!
sven82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #9
country flag Ian Aberdon

A certain Petkorazzi was apparently watching the end of Sabine's match on TV after her own practice at her upcoming tournament.
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM   #10
country flag Ian Aberdon

Following on from the previous post, Andrea tweeted Sabine to wish her luck vs. Serena (alas to no avail )

But a characteristically nice move by Petko. After watching Sab's victory vs. Radwanska, I though she might do.
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #11
country flag Ian Aberdon

Yesterday, at a tourney somewhere near San Diego........

@Jarka_Tennis
Jarmila Gajdosova
Didn't get to see sunshine @sabinelisicki because she played too quick and too good congrats darling see you tomorrow!!

Better luck later today, Jarmila!
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #12
country flag Ian Aberdon

Reading an interview with a then 18yr old Sabine, she mentioned being friends with the Radwanska sisters, having come through juniors with them. Presumably that friendship still stands.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #13
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Reading an interview with a then 18yr old Sabine, she mentioned being friends with the Radwanska sisters, having come through juniors with them. Presumably that friendship still stands.
Can you post a link to the interview? Thanks!!
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #14
country flag Ian Aberdon

http://www.forodeltenis.com/index.ph...c,27789.0.html

Hope it works!
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #15
country flag Ian Aberdon

After Sab's victory speech in Texas, guess we can add Aravane Rezai to that list. Avarane confirms this in a YT clip from Oct 2010 that I've seen, when she namechecks Sabine as a BFF. (BTW sorry to read about Aravane's troubles - now I know why she was so emotional about her tough year...another crazy WTA dad!!)

Oh, & Big Red the horse!