Alexandra Cadantu - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1396
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

I expect her to beat Svitolina. I would be surprised otherwise. Heck, I even think she can win the whole thing.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1397
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I expect her to beat Svitolina. I would be surprised otherwise. Heck, I even think she can win the whole thing.
+1

As for Alexandra being compared to Meusburger, I think she gets more love & support than Yvonne ever had on TF. At 29, YM thread has 15 pages or less while Alex, only 23, has been constantly cheered here in those last 2 years of her career, and especially in these last few months when she achieved a lot (maybe before Katowice she was considered a vulture and a pusher, but I think things have changed now as she finally won her first match in a GS and made her third semifinal of the season).
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1398
country flag Monsterball

Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice Monsterball is just really nice

Quote:
If peer gets her form back it can be tough
Monsterball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1399
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

She literally destroyed Peer twice this year. It's true that she did it on clay, but believe that she's capable to do it one more time & I expect her to do it on hardcourt as well. She has the youth and the mental advantage on her side.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1400
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Cantatu
I read on GM when someone wrote Cadan Sue. And this is fun also.
She can have so many nicknames.
Cadama would be my obvious favourite.

Quote:
She has to win the first set. I can't see her surviving another tough 3 setter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
She literally destroyed Peer twice this year. It's true that she did it on clay, but believe that she's capable to do it one more time & I expect her to do it on hardcourt as well. She has the youth and the mental advantage on her side.
I fully expect the winner of Alexandra's SF to win the whole thing.

Peer's road to the F was a complete joke, it's not that she upped her game or anything. But on the other hand this is Baku Slam we are talking about.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1401
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #1402
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alex! Fourth SF of the year!

Is 1-0 against Svitolina. Keep going
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1403
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterball View Post
It took you some time but you got there in the end.
Even someone like Simona Halep does not get enough credit for what she has done in last months.
I read some threads about Halep, and she doesnt have more than 20-30 non Romanian fans on this forum. In such a big forum, one might aspect 3 digits of appreciating fans from around the world.
I'm not concerned about the number of fans, Sara Errani and CSN come from two large countries with long tradition in tennis.
They are number one in their country and they don't have so many fans.
I think for many fans the most important thing isn't style of play,
but the appearance and personality of a player.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #1404
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

on a sidenote, it's high-time she gets a sponsor can't believe she has none

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #1405
country flag Curcubeu

some fine serving, but too many sloppy errors in her ground game.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1406
country flag Curcubeu

This is actually a very good match for Baku level, but Svitolina is simply better so far.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1407

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

double break for Svitolina *4-1, Cadantu looks toasted, can't put pace on her shots

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #1408

Elina is playing a perfect match, I guess I've seen only a couple UE's from her, she's really agressive and yet solid.
Alex on the other hand is missing too much and not moving as well as she can

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1409

hilarious on *15-30 Svitolina hits a UE and Cadantu walks away as she thought she got the break

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1410
country flag Curcubeu

Better stuff at the start of the 2nd set, more UEs from Svitolina, though.