Alexandra Cadantu - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1096
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Well... she lead 3-1 in the first and 2-0 in the second, all she had to do was to hold. She was broken immediately in both occasions. To love both times, if I'm not mistaking. Had so many break point opportunities, far more than Goerges had, even had those 2 set points and she played them like a ten year old, especially that second one.

She played decent, alright, but decent won't get her wins on the WTA tour. But on the ITF. I am still wondering how on earth did she defendend Lisicki, Begu and Peer two months ago. I mean I saw those matches, but I also saw her today....
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1097
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a break lead is nothing on WTA, and especially not on clay. Every point has to be played from a neutral perspective, if anything, then the return is more of a favour for Alexandra than serving herself for obvious reasons.

I don't think she played much better today than in Katowice which isn't meant in a ridiculing or derisive way, in fact even in Poland she should have already lost to a player whose injury problems are surely worse than the ones of Goerges, Shoulderina anyone? Lisicki was probably completely flat and against Peer, that was indeed a good match, but what has Peer done since? Absolutely nothing.

Alexandra played at a Top 100 level today. She will never be a world beater, she just has to take opportunities ā la Prague, namely defeating lower ranked players and taking advantage of collapsing draws. Of course I would be amazed to see her upping her game even more, but for now she is showing that last year was no fluke.
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1098

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I almost agree with everything you say, except one thing. A break lead is an advantage, independent of the surface the match is played on. If when you're a break ahead you cannot consider yourself on a good winning position, then when can you? When you're two breaks behind perhaps...
I also love this girl and would love to see her do well on the tour (I think that's why I'm so pissed whenever she loses), but let's face it: she had a great chance today with a good player playing below her usual level (or even injured, although she didn't looked injured to me) and she blew it.
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1099
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, she had chances, but in fact it's not a bad loss and facing Petkovic in R2 I'm pretty sure her run would have come to a quick end anyway.

I'm very curious about her post Wimbledon claycourt season: Budapest - Bad Gastein - 100k Olomouc
This should give us an idea about the ranking she will obtain at the end of the year.
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1100
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree about the second SP. I think she played it very well, she attacked Julia right away, she wanted to win that point instead of waiting for Julia to miss, which probably would have never happened since Julia is always quite clutch. She missed the last FH DTL but not by much. It was the right shot to make imo.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #1101

Was that a winner? Did it get her the break she needed? I don't think so.

Julia was way behind the baseline in the left corner, Alex had nothing but the whole court to put it, but probably she thought for a moment she was Sharapova and went for the corner. 100% good decision to attack, great point construction, but such a bad idea in the end...
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #1102
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #1103
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

I only saw few games and she had 2 DF in the game when she served to consolidate the break.
The scoreline is decent though.
Maybe she will win a match at Wimbledon.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1104
country flag Curcubeu

Rosmaelen, Qualifying Draw:

(4)Alexandra Cadantu v An-Sophie Mestach
Greta Arn v (8)Vesna Dolonc

This gonna be good.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #1105
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to actually see the Duchess play on grass
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1106
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Should win this one! Good luck to her!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1107
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I'd love to actually see the Duchess play on grass
I saw her playing some games against Kirilenko at Wimbledon last year. She won as many games as Sorana did against her, but she is overpowered quite easily.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1108
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

All the relevant Romanians popped their title cherry in the last year. Hopefully Alex is next
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1109

I wouldn't hold my breath for that, but it would be a great achievement for Alex

Edit: Until then, she's struggling in Rosmalen qualies against Mestach (189 WTA). Lost the first one 26

Last edited by Belle de Jour : Jun 15th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1110

26 64 67(5)

5-2 up in the tiebreak... Fara cuvinte...