Alexandra Cadantu - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1051
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

A mess... Like Curcubeu said a few days ago: it's now or never. I guess it's never gonna be with Cadantu.
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #1052
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Tennis Fool you had a bad feeling about this one
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #1053
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing.

Well, Vesnina won a title this year, so you never know.

Watch her drawing Cabeza-Candela in Wimbledon and win her first slam match.

It's a girl who made her first and only WTA final on Hard Court despite struggling to win games on this surface on a usual basis. Everything is possible.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1054
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw Kucova won her first GS match semi-retired at the age of 30 against aTop 30 player - it's possible, guys.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1055

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Sometimes facing a bad injury and having to stay away from the tennis courts and competitions for a long time makes you realize that you shouldn't take anything for granted. Coming back after injury and winning matches with top players only means that they know they are not gonna be there forever and making the most out of it while they can. I've seen it with Radwanska and Sharapova, both making huge comebacks, Kleybanova is on the verge of a similar comeback after a terrible disease, and today with Kucova. Players like Cadantu act like they are gonna be there forever and they'll have the same opportunities for the rest of their careers. And they won't.

I am more than ready to bet good money on the fact that this girl will struggle to get on the main draw in RG in the following years with no success for her. Then she'll just vanish and she will play obscure tennis for US Universities like Sescioreanu, Stancu and so many others.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1056
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra has already achieved much more relatively speaking in comparison to her talent and financial capabilities than 80% of the WTA. She has fulfilled her potential.

Winning a match at a GS would be an extra bonus.

I just feel bad criticizing a player who is making the absolute most of her game. But she will get this win, she will.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #1057
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Alexandra has already achieved much more relatively speaking in comparison to her talent and financial capabilities than 80% of the WTA. She has fulfilled her potential.

Winning a match at a GS would be an extra bonus.

I just feel bad criticizing a player who is making the absolute most of her game. But she will get this win, she will.
I've got to fully agree with what has been said on this post, even though it was a real disappointment to see her losing

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1058

I partially agree with you. Just partially and not entirely because one of my guidelines in life is "Go big or go home!"

I understand not having a chance in a GS when faced with Sharapova, Vinci, Kirilenko or Wozniak, but letting go opportunities like being a set and a break up against an injured Watson or meeting a free-falling qualifier like King on your favorite surface, this I don't understand. Winning today's match wasn't a bonus, it was a must. But I'm pretty sure she underestimated her opponent and at some point realized she couldn't comeback like she sometimes does. All my compliments to King!
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #1059
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
She hasn't had a terrific clay-court season what are you talking about ?
I was also counting her results on the ITF tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Congrats Tennis Fool you had a bad feeling about this one
A lot of bad first round match-ups at this RG.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Black Monday. All 3 lost today.
Well, at least one Romanian moved into the second round this year.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1060

100K Marseille, MD:

(4)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v Q
Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) v Alexandra Panova (RUS)
(wc)Victoria Larriere (FRA) v Yvonne Meusburger (AUT)
(7)Timea Babos (HUN) v Polona Hercog (SLO)

Babos again in quaterfinals
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1061

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's going to be Polona who's a much better clay courter, even if she's just come back from injury

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM   #1062

Polona "3 games against Min" Hercog? That would be a real surprise. But I'd love to see Cadantu take on Polona rather than go against Babos and lose again in straight sets
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1063

she won Maribor 25k this week...ok it's not the same, but if she's getting her confidence back she is a better player than Babos

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1064
country flag Curcubeu

Duchess back to her dominion on the ITF tour.

QF is a must reach.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1065

She gets Irina Ramialison (FRA) in the first round.