Alexandra Cadantu - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #736
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

They should have not played that tiebreak. She lead 4-2. Just like she led 3-0 only 5 minutes ago )
History repeating all over again
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #737

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Keys was just too good in that tiebreak.

Golden retriever gave everything she had, though.
That was her only merit in this game, being the golden retriever. Apart from that, nothing.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #738
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, it would all come down to the American's form. Whenever she stepped up, Alexandra was toast.

On to the red clay.

That stream commentator was a bit biased, though.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
it's a good draw IMO...she can win two rounds
What a shame that she could not even win the first match. Even after she led 4-2 in both sets.

I predict many many 10K tournaments for Cadantu once her rankings will totally drop.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #740
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Final score: 67(4) 46.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #741

Lost the tiebreak to 3.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM   #742
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, her game looked much better than in Bogota where she reached QF.

I don't think that Alexandra will lose that many places. Even if she lacks a serve and obvious fire power, her consistency is enough to get it done (on clay) against most classic ITF players. By the way, I'm pretty sure she would have won this one on red clay as she won most longer rallies in this match by defending and moving very well. She got simply overpowered, even when Madison was just hitting straight to her body. This wouldn't happen on slower surfaces.

Keys was flashy, but had enough heights to close it out in straights. Apart from that, Keys is ranked Top 80 and Alexandra #120. The scoreline is what you would expect.

I don't want to judge before I see her results on European red clay.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM   #743

I agree with you about playing better than in Bogota, she said in an interview two days ago that she is feeling better both physically and mentally, and I saw that yesterday. Still, not enough to win her the match

But when I say I predict many many ITF tournaments for her, I only state the obvious: she's not a WTA-level player.
Her career on ITF was a rather successful one, while her performances ont the WTA tour were fruitless, except Monterrey last year, when she was a runner-up in the final against Babos (surprisingly, on hard, not on clay). She played 329 matches on ITF and 56 matches on WTA, losing 37 times and winning only 19, most of them in qualies, not on the main draws. Grand Slam appearances? 9 matches: 8 loses and 1 win (defeated Gojnea in a French Open first round qualifier). Since last September she only won 3 matches and as I said yesterday, I want her to start winning some matches. If that means going back on the ITF tour, then this is what she should do. Not 50K like last week, though, we all know what happened there. 10K&25K would be just fine for the moment.

And how come ranking seems relevant now? Weren't you the one who said that ranking doesn't matter when she played against a junior ranked 821 in the world?
When no. 119 and no. 821 play, I expect no. 119 to win.
When no. 77 and no. 120 play, it can go either way, as their form and their results in the last 12 months are somehow similar. This is one of the cases where rankings don't matter almost at all. Last week, rankings could have made the difference.

Anyway, hope Alexandra's losing streak will come to an end now the clay season is on, but I have little expectations, to be honest

Last edited by Belle de Jour : Apr 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:03 PM   #744
country flag Curcubeu

In all honesty, I don't think she is playing worse than in 2011 when she won Biella 100k out of the blue. Red clay is random, she should be fit, not having played a lot, and will take care of some draws falling apart. Her backboard tennis can easily be too demanding for many lower ranked players on slow clay.

As for the rankings, they rae not always an indicator. However, in Keys' case it's based on good results mostly this year, so it's accurate. She proved it today as well.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #745

2011 was her best year to date.

If her form today is the same as her form back in 2011, the results don't show it. Tennis is about shots, movement, speed, ball control. Tennis matches are about results and scores. She may be playing good tennis, but she fails short almost everytime she goes out on court. To old bored players and to young unknown players, as well. Most probably when someone is drawn to play against Cadantu these days, they fell like they won the lottery, and I can't blame them. This, for me, means regress. She should take some time off the WTA, go back to ITF, get some matches under her belt, built some self-esteem for herself and then come back and amaze us all witt some results. So far, she amazes me with the lack of results.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #746

Another chance for Alex to make a clean start on the clay season in Katowice. She'll play Q this weekend.
Hope she'll play against a Polish WC in the first round
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #747
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Katowice, Quali Draw:

(2)Alexandra Cadantu v Yuliya Beygelzimer
(wc)Katarzyna Kawa v Corinna Dentoni
(wc)Magdalena Frech v Raluca Olaru
Alison Van Uytvanck v (7)Valeria Solovyeva

They both suck, but I can remember Beygelzimer defeating her one year ago in Barcelona.

Otherwise, good section.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #748

At least Raluca is facing a Polish WC )

I'd love a 3rd round match between Olaru and Cadantu, with Olaru winning that one and Cadantu entering the MD as a lucky loser )
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #749
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alex is ranked much higher, but is 0-2 against Yulia.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #750

Great start for Alex, she'll be out in straight sets as usual