Alexandra Cadantu - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #721
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

I don't see her beating Keys but that's a decent draw
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #722
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I don't see her beating Keys but that's a decent draw
I agree
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #723
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I have hopes

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #724
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Keys can be quite an unforced error machine - really depends on the American's form that day.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #725
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Last year she was playing the qualies of this tournament. This year she's in the main draw, and that's an improvement on itself.

Don't know how Madison's game translates on clay. Guess we'll see.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM   #726

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Last year she was playing the qualies of this tournament. This year she's in the main draw, and that's an improvement on itself.

Don't know how Madison's game translates on clay. Guess we'll see.
Last year she was a runner-up in Monterrey, but as the tournament's date changed this year she wasn't able to defend her points there. I mean she could have, but instead she choose to play Charleston. Hope this was a wise decision, but I don't see her get past Keys.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #727
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Keys is definitely beatable.

Alexandra only needs a serve now.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #728

She served lousy in that first service game. Hopefully she'll hold serve from now on.
I want this girl to start winning some matches, damn it!
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM   #729
country flag Curcubeu

I guess it's safe to say that it all depends on Keys.

She is hitting the winners and the errors. Alexandra has to hang in there as good as she can do. It's a metter of guts.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM   #730

2 aces in this service game, and she's getting close to winnig this first set
Great job, Alex!
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #731
country flag Curcubeu

It's pretty obvious why she is more competitive on the clay.

Her movement on this surface is smooth and fluent. It's the biggest strength of her game.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM   #732

Still... I don't even want to watch the rest of the match...
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #733
country flag Curcubeu

It was nice as long as it lasted.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:18 PM   #734

Yeah, I don't know... I mean I used to be a huge fan of Alexandra.
I saw her playing the 100K in Bucharest in 2011 and in that quaterfinal match against Halep she was just incredible. She lost it, but she fought til the last point.
And besides that her story always impressed me the same way that Gojnea's sad story impressed me. The lack of money, not affording a coach, let alone a professional team, the lack of interest from the Romanian Federation for her and other girls who aren't ranked that high, everything made me think that if this girl can get to no 67 in the world without a Federation and a team on her back, when she'll have an opportunity she'll just take it that instant.
Well, she now has that opportunity for quite a while. And instead of making the most of it, all she does is lose gracefully, in qualies or first rounds. I'm sorry I have to say this but I expected much more from her. I know it's easier to win when you're Laura Robson and you have 20 million worth sponsorship contracts, but what Cadantu keeps on doing this last 8 months is just crazy.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #735
country flag Curcubeu

Keys was just too good in that tiebreak.

Golden retriever gave everything she had, though.