Alexandra Cadantu - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #406
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

How Bertens won a WTA tournament is still beyond me, though.
Ask Halep about it!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #407
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen both matches from Bertens and still I'm with my opinion and say that Kiki played probably her best career match against Simona. That was a high quality match in all aspects of the game - no doubt that Simona would have trashed a Bertens playing like today.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #408
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She beat Cornet Romania day
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #409
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I watched a little online and the scoreboard was off sync. It would assign the point won by Cadantu to Cornet and viceversa. For example, at the end of the game the scoreboard shows 6-3 5-7 even though the players left the field.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #410
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Anyway, awful game on both sides, like a competition on who hits the ball higher in the air, ITF junior level. Jaqueline Cristian hits the ball lower over the net than that.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #411
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
She beat Cornet Romania day
Should have jinxed earlier.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #412
country flag codrutc

The funny thing is that the game goes on. 6-3 5-7 0-1 at this time I can see it on live stream. Comical
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #413
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lmfao I wasn't watching the match, I genuinely thought she had won
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #414
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Lmfao I wasn't watching the match, I genuinely thought she had won
Lesson #1

No Romanian victory without drama.

Wasted 5 MPs in the second, but she was just trolling.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #415
country flag codrutc

She needs to improve her game in the future, I didn't really like what I saw. I am glad she won though, congrats!
I also thought Cornet would play better than that but her game sucks too.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #416
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra didn't play bad at all in the beginning of the match, but she completely tighted up at the end of the second set, once she choked away her lead. Her main problem is that she simply lacks power for the game she wants to play and when the moonball rally started, it's hard for her to free herself with an opening shot, which results in endlessly grueling, typical claycourt topspin rallies.

Still, she improved tremendously throughout the past month, her shot selection is more or less impeccabe from the baseline. She barely gives her opponent any free points apart from her serve and she learned how to move her opponents around the court and redirect pace, but there again, she can barely finish those rallies with a winner of her own, because she lacks power to hit through her opponents, especially on clay.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #417
country flag codrutc

and on grass she got blown off the court.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #418
country flag Curcubeu

Exactly, she's far too underpowered, but she plays with a rather agressive mindset, so it doesn't suit her at all to to be bossed around the court for the whole match, even though she is a decent defender.

And most of all, she lacks a serve or simple 'junk' shots like slices to slow down the match and break the oppoent's rhythm for once, leading to power rallies she can't win. She certainly won't go far on this surface in her career.

However, last year in Luxembourg or especially in Monterrey this year, on fast HC, she is quite capable to get some good wins as well. Just look how she destroyed such classical moonball players like Yakimova or LDL on those occassions, because she is steady enough to go with their long pushing rallies, waiting for the occassion to be agressive. Her tactical mindset is very underrated.

EDIT: I just watched the match of Scheepers today and I hope Alexandra can have a Chani like career. Think back, the South African used to be one of many challenger players ranked at the bottom of the Top 100, but simply through gaining consistency and eliminating obvious weaknesses, she became a solid Top 50 player.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jul 12th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #419
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
EDIT: I just watched the match of Scheepers today and I hope Alexandra can have a Chani like career. Think back, the South African used to be one of many challenger players ranked at the bottom of the Top 100, but simply through gaining consistency and eliminating obvious weaknesses, she became a solid Top 50 player.
Good comparison but I refuse to wait that long to see Alex shine
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #420
country flag codrutc

Obviously I don't have the knowledge to compare her style with other players and even to analyze all the details but one think I noticed yesterday and which Curcubeu mentioned in his excellent analysis (as usual) was that she did find certain moments in which she decided to be more aggressive, some successful and some not.