Alexandra Cadantu - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM   #316
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

Alexandra really establishing her GOAT status.

All R2 matches played tomorrow, only 2 on CC with Errani vs. Czink being already a lock, Alexandra snatched the 2nd spot, tomorrow at 11am
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM   #317
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lol she was chosen over Lukacs Global icon
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM   #318
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

And over all other remaining seeds. Tomorrow is my day-off so I will have the pleasure to follow it live.

She really has a shot. Wozniak's career record on red clay is everything but overwhelming. It will depend on her serve and her nerves.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM   #319
country flag gabipoloni

gabipoloni is an unknown quantity at this point

Alexandra Cadantu vs Alexandra Wosniak (second round WTA Budapest) can be watched Today from 11.00 (local time)at TV Sport 1, or use link from site: www.alexandra-cadantu.com
gabipoloni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #320
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, I've already noticed yesterday that there is coverage on TV Sport 1 when I watched the Babos match.

Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM   #321
country flag Curcubeu

*dead* at the last service game

Best tank ever now.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM   #322
country flag Curcubeu

Badass 2nd serving.

I've done her wrong. Her game is surely Top 100 level, no doubt, but her (2nd) serve is just atrocious, even worse than Monica's and the loads of Foot Faults as well...
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM   #323
country flag Curcubeu

It's only enough for a set at the moment, I blame the lack of experience here. We shouldn't forget that the biggest difference between ITF and WTA lies for sure not only in the differences of talent, but mostly in the level of fitness, training and endurance. It's not that easy to adapt to the demands of the WTA tour with the much more professional opponents when you were used to the ITF for so long.

Most girls have completely different training capacities and possibilities, while Alexandra's environment is completely basic and local, probably the most basic among Top 100 and it became obvious today that it's very hard for her to keep up her performance. That first set was probably the best I've seen from her, the tiebreak especially was brilliant, but once she got a bit negative after wasting chances and decreasing her 1st serve percentage she was toast. In the end she hid herself behind the towel, she was clearly frustrated about her game, but there wasn't more she can give.

Still, I'm positive about the upcoing ITF in Cagnes-sur-Mer and no doubt she can win a match at RG as well with a decent R1 draw.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM   #324
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what you said Aaron but still, a double bagel ?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #325
country flag Curcubeu

If things go wrong, they go wrong completely.

Blew some GP/BP chances early on in the 2nd and never recovered...
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM   #326
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

How did Wozniak play btw ? Was she particularly good ?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #327
country flag Curcubeu

That was some pretty good and heavy hitting from either player in that 1st set. Cadantu just stepped it up in the TB to go in lead, then her serve broke in and Wozniak hit like 20 direct ROS winners from there on.
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #328
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alex is the #3 seed at Cagnes Sur Mer. Plays Edina opening round. Interestingly, these two have never played each other before.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #329
country flag Curcubeu

Tough one. Edina's slice could easily trouble Alexandra who has the more potent ground game by far. Serve sucks for both.

Not that surprising that they never played each other. Cadantu is much younger and they are only ranked within the same ranking zone for 8 months or so.
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #330
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

(3)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) d. Edina Gallovits-Hall (ROU) 64 76(5)

Sasha the Diva