Alexandra Cadantu - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM   #301
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

primiul set era al alexandrei,daca italianca nu era o inselatoare nesimtita si la 1-0 pt. alex si 40-30 pt. alex pe serv italiencei nu arata alta marca cum a facut. sa vazut clar in reluare ca mingea a batut in interiorul terenului,si italianca a aratat alta marca arbitrului,enfim alex a avut 5-4 dar in realitate era 6-4 si set pt. ea
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #302
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Only saw from the middle of the second set, but there was a highly debated linecall early on where Alberta probably didn't behave sportsman like.

Cadantu came back from 2-4 in the 2nd by just keeping the ball in play and keep fighting for every point, while Brianti's level dropped dramatically in an overall dire match. Needed a second chance to serve the 2nd set out after having her obligatory lapse hitting 3 DFs at 5*-4, already failed to serve out the first set ().

However, Alexandra served pretty well in the decider, in contrast to Brianti who played as if she picked up a racket for the first time in her life - nothing to see from last year's winner, negative body language throughout the match.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM   #303
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Brianti Ugly inside and out.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #304
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 2-6 5-7

Tried her best to imitate Simona's grunt up to the 2nd set, when she finally got the break, still she found herself trailing 2-5, another change of grunt, back to her usual shriek to 5-5, changed again to a higher pitched scream, but lost by broken to 0.

Still, a good effort. She's definitely a fighter!
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #305
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Budapest, Main Draw:

(3)Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Anna Tatishvili (GEO)
(wc)Vanda Lukacs (HUN) v (wc)Henrietta Habler (HUN)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)
Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v (7)Shahar Peer (ISR)

I smell another GOAT week coming.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #306
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

that part of the draw is really accessible...the best player in it is surely Aleksandra Wozniak, whose game surely isn't that scary on clay

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #307
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, Cadantu definitely has a shot when she brings on her last summer claycourt tennis here. She should beat Rybarikova on clay and then there is no reason why she can't beat Peer at that point and Wozniak on her first outdoor claycourt tournament is a big questionmark, after she lost to Beck in Stuttgart pretty easy.

I'm only worried of the upcoming quarterfinal against Vanda Lukacs...
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #308
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
OMFG these girls are so dumb ! They lead 6-3 5-3 but of course choked the second set away 7-6. Then they came back from 5-9 down in the STB, only to lose it 11-9
Doubles Final, it was.

Romanian players and finals, these are the days I miss Warsaw GOAT most. *sigh*
Get well soon, gitl!
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #309
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I'm only worried of the upcoming quarterfinal against Vanda Lukacs...

I'm more scared of Rybarikova who beat Alex Kneelgheru earlier this year
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #310
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:

I'm more scared of Rybarikova who beat Alex Kneelgheru earlier this year
Already forgot about that sh*t.

Losing a close match to Rybarikova on any surface is peak Kneegheru.

Was this the one where she held serve easily up to the time she served for the match and got broken by DF, just to waste another break lead in the 3rd and BPs to serve for the match again? And then after the match Magda said she had stomach problems or something and nearly lost to that Mexican wildcard just to get steamrolled by Irina-Camelia in the QF.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #311
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Was this the one where she held serve easily up to the time she served for the match and got broken by DF, just to waste another break lead in the 3rd and BPs to serve for the match again?
You've just described every single one of her losses.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #312
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
You've just described every single one of her losses.
Yeah, the losses she had a shot for the win and not one of those 163223 beatdowns she received since last year...
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #313
country flag Curcubeu

Career high of #74 next week. Wow, just wow...

And she is playing 100k ITF Cagnes-sur-Mer the week after Budapest, probably seeded #3, so further chances to go up the rankings.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:15 AM   #314
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

6-2 6-1
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:17 AM   #315
country flag Curcubeu

Only lost 7 games in 2 matches against Rybarikova!

Wozniak now will be a good comparison how she really plays on clay.