Alexandra Cadantu - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #2131
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

^^

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #2132
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Baku Cup
Last year semifinalist Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) #bakucup2014 photo by Bakhtiar Gurbanov

So, that's why her match is put on CC, I guess.

I'm not the guy interested in other players' looks, but her body is just pefect. She is looking fit enough to sustain under the hot Baku sun. I will watch tomorrow.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #2133
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Well last year she was the forth seed and made it to the semis... so if she doesn't do something here to defend those points, she'll be ranked somewhere around #170-180
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM   #2134
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 61 64

Poor Alex. There's nothing really wrong with her game. She just doesn't hit hard enough to trouble her opponents on a consistant basis while still hitting hard enough for them to use her pace against her. And of course she needs a better serve but that can be said about 60% of the WTA.

Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 09:16 AM   #2135
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Least surprising result this year in Baku.
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM   #2136
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Seeing her play lately is like the saddest thing ever
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #2137
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Lost 61 64

Poor Alex. There's nothing really wrong with her game.
I had the exactly same impression watching it. I would even go as far and say that her game per se looks still classes better than when she first appeared on the WTA stage.

Alexandra's way of receiving beat downs lately despite playing perfectly even from the baseline is just sad. You would actually mean by looking at the scorelines that there is a difference of game between her and the WTA tour at the moment, but there seriously isn't.

I actually like your comparison of her going toe to toe from the baseline, even hitting with more determination, and still coming short, because this is exactly what it is. We already had the discussion about her being simply an underpowered basher and this basically sums up her problem. She has no real strength to rely on when nothing else is working. Despite her serve and her game at the net (which are main problems for 95% of WTA players), her game is quite ok. Her footwork is ok, her defense is ok, her ground strokes are ok, but not more than that.

Her game just lacks profile. She is not able to overpower her opponent, she is not able to purely outlast her opponent. It's not surprising that her last WTA win has come over Wickmayer in a match where she just flat out pushed, followed by her almost successful match against CSN where she just ballbashed. No other player in her ranking region has so many tactical options to choose from, but she might be at the point where she has to decide which player she wants to become to reach the next step. I guess she herself knows it.

Simona showed what a simple change of tactics can do to your game. Now it's up to Alexandra. As for now, I really wouldn't call her off yet.

Another point is that she is literally losing every big point of the match, but this is just purely mental and probably a sign for her lack of confidence. I don't know how often she went to 30-0 just to lose the game.
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #2138
country flag Bonk

Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future
2014 BRD Bucharest Open

Bonk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #2139
country flag Bonk

Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future
2014 BRD Bucharest Open

Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #2140
country flag Bonk

2014 BRD Bucharest Open

Old Jul 29th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #2141
country flag Not A Fan

Since yesterday Alexandra's ranking dropped to #173 She's now even behind Andreea Mitu...
And she still has to defend exactly half her points until the year is over
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #2142
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Since yesterday Alexandra's ranking dropped to #173 She's now even behind Andreea Mitu...
Well, to be honest, Andreea Mitu won some matches this year... I predict by thew end of the year Alexandra Cadantu will be ranked lower than Patricia Tig.
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 07:02 PM   #2143
country flag Curcubeu

She pulled out of Bogota 100k which would have been a fabolous chance for her to pick up some points.

I hope no injury again.
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 09:43 AM   #2144
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Alex

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #2145
country flag Not A Fan

No US Open, just ITF in 2014 for Alexandra starting with 25k Mamaia