Alexandra Cadantu - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #2071
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

4-2 for Petra. Alex can't hold a service even if her life depends on it.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #2072
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

She lose 6-3,6-2 and the points are gone. Good luck in playing only in ITF lvl from now on.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #2073
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

How in hell did she only end up with 5 games again...

Tragic. Still wouldn't rule her out. 2014 has shown that all players that drop down (for different reasons) are well able to get their shit together again, sooner or later. It might take longer with her, the mind it is.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #2074
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
How in hell did she only end up with 5 games again...

Tragic. Still wouldn't rule her out. 2014 has shown that all players that drop down (for different reasons) are well able to get their shit together again, sooner or later. It might take longer with her, the mind it is.
I don't see it for her at all. She simply doesn't have a lvl of tennis to perform on WTA. When you play on your favorite surface in home and you have this kind of performance against an opponent who is not good at all on clay

She doesn't know how to serve

She has 0 consistency

She is brainless

She doesn't have a decent skill to compensate her brainless game.

She is doomed to fall into obscurity. I feel sorry for her, but maybe is time to change profession.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #2075
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
She lose 6-3,6-2 and the points are gone. Good luck in playing only in ITF lvl from now on.
I think we shouldn't put the focus on ranking alone with Alexandra.

If you compare Alexandra with Cristina Dinu, you still see a huge difference on a technical level, but also when it comes to defense and shot positioning between an ITF player and a player who is able to compete on WTA level.

BUt competing is one thing and winning a completely different one. None of her losses have been blow outs lately, but she will always find a way to come up short.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #2076
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
I don't see it for her at all. She simply doesn't have a lvl of tennis to perform on WTA. When you play on your favorite surface in home and you have this kind of performance against an opponent who is not good at all on clay

She has 0 consistency

She is brainless

She is doomed to fall into obscurity. I feel sorry for her, but maybe is time to change profession.

Was this the 1st time you saw her or the 2nd ?

Really ,if you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all. (referring to the last phrase). And it's not the 1st time when I tell you.

Has a decent game but mentally she seems she can't find a way yet. Goodbye Us open MD unfortunately .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #93 - W: Vero Beach'14, Astana '14; TT-d: #96 - W: Astana '14, Landisville'14 w/ Palin6o, Zawada'14; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #8 - W: Rome '14, Baku '14
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #2077
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Was this the 1st time you saw her or the 2nd ?

Really ,if you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all. (referring to the last phrase).

Has a decent game but mentally she seems she can't find a way yet. Goodbye Us open MD unfortunately .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I saw her more than 10 times, but only 3,4 times i've stay and watch her play more than 10-15 minutes.

So, now i can't say what i saw in her game? Is my fault that she has so much holes? Or is hard for you to handle the truth?
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #2078
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Yes Dan... this is her cheering thread!!! If you don't like her it's ok, but nobody forces you to come here and bash her...
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #2079
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Yes Dan... this is her cheering thread!!! If you don't like her it's ok, but nobody forces you to come here and bash her...
It was criticism more and I am a nationalist when it comes to support Romanian girls. I always support them even if i don't like there game. And i will support Alex in the future too, but it's just frustrating to watch her play. She has to try to give more for this sport if not she will have to try to find another job, because she will not cope with the bills.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Jul 8th, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #2080
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
If you have reached a career ranking of #59, a WTA final and a couple of WTA semifinals, you sure do have the game to compete on the WTA. But as I said, winning is one thing and competing is another one. It's not that her career ranking is completely built up on ITF results.

And where is Cetkovska not good at clay: This year alone she has wins over Kerber, Puig, Barthel and many more Top 100 players. Everyone who has watched all matches will have to admit that she was one league above any player who had been scheduled on CC so far this week.

Quote:
That didn't hinder Errani from reaching Top 10 and Monica from reaching Top 30

Quote:
She has 0 consistency

She is brainless
So is Sorana who reached a Master's final last year.

Of course, they all have other strengths to compensate for that, but only looking at single elements is making it far too easy. Good players convince with a complete package and a gameplan, but which WTA players have complete games?

Quote:

The only reason she is looking brainless is why she is in consistent struggle with herself, even her coach saw that. When he talked with her, he said a couple of things about point construction, but the biggest part was about mentality:

Broken from 40-0 on numerous occasions, wasted SPs like there is no tomorrow, can't win a TB for ages, broken when serving for the match against Bertens at FO hitting 3 DFs in a row. This has nothing to do with being brainless, this has more to do with being a total nutcase and lacking self-confidence.

And no, there is absolutely no reason for Alexandra to give up on her profession as long as players like Kichenok and co. are still traveling on the WTA tour.

Or do you think she would have found any new coach at that point if he didn't know about her potential. He already saw it in Soler-Espinosa whose games is quite frankly, much more limited than Alexandra's. We all need to calm down and hope for her to get things back on track and this can go pretty fast in the tennis sport.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jul 8th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #2081
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
The only reason she is looking brainless is why she is in consistent struggle with herself, even her coach saw that. When he talked with her, he said a couple of things about point construction, but the biggest part was about mentality:
Just to add on this... I was thinking during this match that it would be interesting to see her during a practice once. I get the feeling she plays lights out... no pressure, goes for her shots, for the lines... i really wonder what she's like
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #2082
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Alex
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #2083
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

She looks miserable out there. Even Raluca Olaru, who's pretty clearly outplayed by Knapp seems to enjoy her chance to play on a MD again and is making the most out of it. Alex Candantu looks like she'd rather be anywhere but on court, hanging her head even when she's still in the set. It cannot be easy to see your ranking slip by the day, but if she could get back to at least enjoying a few points played in a match, think that would go a long way in helping her.

Hope things get better for her
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #2084
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you have reached a career ranking of #59, a WTA final and a couple of WTA semifinals, you sure do have the game to compete on the WTA. But as I said, winning is one thing and competing is another one. It's not that her career ranking is completely built up on ITF results.

And where is Cetkovska not good at clay: This year alone she has wins over Kerber, Puig, Barthel and many more Top 100 players. Everyone who has watched all matches will have to admit that she was one league above any player who had been scheduled on CC so far this week.
This. Saying that Cetkovska is not good on clay is just plain wrong and ignorant.

Quote:

Broken from 40-0 on numerous occasions, wasted SPs like there is no tomorrow, can't win a TB for ages, broken when serving for the match against Bertens at FO hitting 3 DFs in a row. This has nothing to do with being brainless, this has more to do with being a total nutcase and lacking self-confidence.

And no, there is absolutely no reason for Alexandra to give up on her profession as long as players like Kichenok and co. are still traveling on the WTA tour.

Or do you think she would have found any new coach at that point
if he didn't know about her potential. He already saw it in Soler-Espinosa whose games is quite frankly, much more limited than Alexandra's. We all need to calm down and hope for her to get things back on track and this can go pretty fast in the tennis sport.
And this.

Didn't watch the match (wish I had, looks like it was inetersting to watch if painful), but Alex.

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #2085
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
She looks miserable out there. Even Raluca Olaru, who's pretty clearly outplayed by Knapp seems to enjoy her chance to play on a MD again and is making the most out of it. Alex Candantu looks like she'd rather be anywhere but on court, hanging her head even when she's still in the set. It cannot be easy to see your ranking slip by the day, but if she could get back to at least enjoying a few points played in a match, think that would go a long way in helping her.

Hope things get better for her
Didn't watch the match but this is sad to read. Hope she can change her mentality. People like Angie Kerber or Simona managed to do it and start enjoying themselves more on-court and a drastic improvement in level followed this.

GL for the rest of the year Alex.

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote