Alexandra Cadantu - Page 134 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #1996
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Maybe she needs a new coach, like the german guy in the picture.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #1997
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Does she even have a coach??
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #1998
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Winning those matches in the German Bundesliga didn't help Alexandra in the confidence level department. And no, she's not peaking on grass either, like Fantasy Hero was predicting

WTA Birmingham, R64:

Petra Cetkovska (CZE) d. Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) 63 64

0-8 in her last (Tour) matches and
3-15 this season
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #1999
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

She did hold serve when she was serving to stay in the match at 3-5. Baby steps . I really don't understand why she's not doing more ITF's. I know Marseille was an epic fail, but I still think that would be a better move for her right now.

Last edited by ioana_sk8r : Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #2000
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Closer than I expected tbh
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #2001
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Closer than I expected tbh
Definitely.

Certainly one of the matches where it's worthwhile to take a look at the stats.

Alexandra didn't hit a single DF. I don't even know when this has been the case for the last time (if this ever happened to begin with).
Anyway, it's hard not to link this fact to her playing on grass and knowing that even a weaker serve might be tricky to return on a grass court. She also hit 83% 1st serves, so obviously she was not going for broke in this regard and still won nearly 2/3 points when she was able to put in a 1st serve (also 2/3 on 2nd serves).

Does that mean that the majority of her double faults are not due to physical problems, but rather because she is going for too much in a tough situation, in a sense putting up with all these DFs to not give her opponent an easy ball to slap for a winner? If this really should be the case, then I don't think that this is the right way to go for her, especially not in times when literally serveless Players are able to break into the Top 10.

In short, she only got broken two times. On the other hand, she herself, as many players who lack experience on a grass court struggled to have an impact on the return. She had 3 BPs (all in the 1st set), but couldn't break once.

Still, I might really fance her chances to win a match at Wimbledon more than in any other slam at the moment. Cetkovska is a pretty good crass court player. Well, it will all come down to the draw.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #2002
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Eastbourne quallies :

(4)Schmiedlova v Piter
Bencic v Broady
Kumkhum v Cadantu
Kania v (8)Soler-Espinosa

Well, GL.

LE: Might play Wimbledon Doubles quallies (if they bump out early) alongside PFIZENMAIER : http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=719778&page=2

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jun 13th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #2003
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

WTA Eastbourne, Q-R32:

Luksika Kumkhum (THA) d. Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) 64 64

0-9 in her last (Tour) matches and
3-16 this season
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #2004
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Poor Alex...
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #2005
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

It was an obvious result. She will contiue falling with this rate of W/L
Sorana Cirstea, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Caroline Wozniacki, Na Li, Monica Niculescu, Petra Kvitova, Flavia Pennetta, Belinda Bencic, Irina-Camelia Begu, Lucie Safarova, Madison Keys, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic, Angelique Kerber, Elina Svitolina, Agnieszka Radwanska, Dominika Cibulkova, Venus Williams, Andrea Petkovic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Jun 14th, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #2006
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't she a break up at the beginning of set 2?

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #2007
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Luksika had never won a match on grass before today...
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #2008
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Alex.........

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #2009
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

90% mental

She actually has the game, but she completely lacks any resilience.
Old Jun 14th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #2010
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Another loss . And a bad one .

At least she can play Doubles quallies at Wimbledon if she wants to .

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post

Hot mess of the day, well in fact she could hardly hit a winner, she has no weight of shot and Khumkum basically came all over her...

What was even more hilarious is she did not even grunt

Luk's luk was in today as Cadantu was so weak.

Luksika's weight of shot is huge, and she can do double and one handed (no euphamism intended)

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote