Alexandra Cadantu - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM   #1951
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
She'll get Begu or Wozniak no doubt

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:19 PM   #1952
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
She'll get Begu or Wozniak no doubt
Nah, Heather Watson
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM   #1953
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I am also happy for her to draw a qualifier just to get an idea about her current state of form. This might sound odd given that she is on a 5 match losing streak since Kattowice, but none of these losses were surprising or shocking.

In fact, during this stratch she has taken two sets against players ranked inside the Top 20 and not only by luck but by completely outplaying them from the baseline in a way that I haven't seen her compete even in her good 2013. If anything, this slump just proves that she is the terrible match player that I have always assumed and that those DFs on key points in particular completely kill her confidence.

Still, there are a couple of qualifiers that I can't see her beating at the moment. But apart from those, I wouldn't rule out her chances against any of the girls ranked in the 130s downwards. I don't think that the majority of girls reaching the main draw through Q would have done much better in those past weeks with the draws that she had.

She will, however, put herself under tremendous pressure. It will be tough.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #1954
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
The drawing Gods have mercy and let her face a qualifier in R1.
Oh, so you don't remember she was in the same position last year-- lost in straights to qualifier Vania King.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:46 AM   #1955
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Oh, so you don't remember she was in the same position last year-- lost in straights to qualifier Vania King.
She also drew a qualifier at the US Open which turned out to be Nara who is now a Top 50 player. Drawing a qualifier doesn't necessarily mean drawing a walking bye, but I would definitely fancy her chances against the majority of the qualifiers at the FO this year.

Watson and Bertens are the only two girls that I completely see out of reach for her at the moment, although Alexandra has crushed both of them on clay in the past, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Curcubeu : May 24th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #1956
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She got Bertens
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #1957
country flag Curcubeu

Needs to hope for a classic Bertens off-day, otherwise I really can't see her winning this right now.
Old May 24th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #1958
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, but I don't think she has what it takes to beat Kiki these days.
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #1959
country flag Curcubeu

Old May 26th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #1960
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Good luck Alex!!!

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...eului-12653094

Old May 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #1961
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Mademoiselle Cadantu loses a first set tiebreak... another huge surprise... she also was serving for the set at 5-3
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #1962

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Come back home already!
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #1963
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Mademoiselle Cadantu loses a first set tiebreak... another huge surprise... she also was serving for the set at 5-3
Quote:
A.Cadantu loses the point with a backhand Unforced Error.
Game Summary
0 - 40 A.Cadantu loses the point with a double fault.
Double Faults
0 - 30 A.Cadantu loses the point with a double fault.
Double Faults
0 - 15 A.Cadantu loses the point with a double fault.
Double Faults
Just no.
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #1964

Superb!
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #1965
country flag Not A Fan

Wow.. just.... no words