Alexandra Cadantu - Page 127 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM   #1891
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Which doesn't change the fact that it was still a very tough section for her
which says a lot about her current mental state. I don't use the word 'form' here, because the way she played against CSN was actually the best I have ever seen from her.

I guess he only needs a bit of self-confidence. We saw it in Katowice: Defeated Wickmayer in an epic shitfest, but it was enough to get her back battling against Carla.

Holding serve to stay in a set would be a good start for that.
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #1892
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Oeiras (POR), MD:

(8)Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Q
Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) v Monica Puig (PUR)
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v Urszula Radwanska (POL)
(4)Roberta Vinci (ITA) v Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)

Finally Roberta will win a third match this season
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #1893
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she has won 3 already

btw very unlucky of Alex, swap with Ula and at least she would have got a win

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1894
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that I don't understand with Alexandra is how she is unable to build up any confidence. Instead, she decided to completely avoid any ITF tournament on clay to gain easier points which will put her under even more pressure.

When was the last time she won a close set? I honestly can't remember.
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #1895

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

When was the last time she won a close set? I honestly can't remember.
Linz, october 2013, R32: 76(4) against Melanie Klaffner, but I had to look it up, as I couldn't remember myself
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #1896
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

So she rebreaked and Vinci is a mess.Comon, hold now!
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:00 PM   #1897

And after taking the break back she surrendered
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #1898
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

WTA Oeiras - A. Cadantu vs. R. Vinci - 2-6, 6-4, 1-6

I don`t understand this girl.. She is so nervous when lost a point, if feels like she`s almost about to cry when losing a game, too mentally unstable. And the sad part is that she has a decent defensive/offensive game, she plays both parts pretty well and could definitely be a constant top 50 player considering I`ve seen some worst players up there.
Today, Roberta has shown her 2014 form and could be easily passed by. The same freaking slice, no aggressiveness no netplay, NOTHING. All she had to do is keep that ball in the game and let her miss the mark

PS. That towel thrown in the ball boy`s face after she lost her serve in the 3rd set
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #1899

Expected result, but oh boy, Vinci must have sucked so bad if she let Alexandra (who mastered 18 double faults!!!) take the second set
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #1900
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
WTA Oeiras - A. Cadantu vs. R. Vinci - 2-6, 6-4, 1-6

I don`t understand this girl.. She is so nervous when lost a point, if feels like she`s almost about to cry when losing a game, too mentally unstable. And the sad part is that she has a decent defensive/offensive game, she plays both parts pretty well and could definitely be a constant top 50 player considering I`ve seen some worst players up there.
Today, Roberta has shown her 2014 form and could be easily passed by. The same freaking slice, no aggressiveness no netplay, NOTHING. All she had to do is keep that ball in the game and let her miss the mark

PS. That towel thrown in the ball boy`s face after she lost her serve in the 3rd set
I guess you summed this up nicely.

Alexandra honestly needs to relax out there. She is a total mess. It's easier said than done, but while Roberta looked like even a hurricane couldn't disroot her (in the truest sense of the word because she couldn't even be bothered to move her feet most of the time), Alexandra looks as if she is on speed. The antics, the DFs, the cramping at the end of the match...

Those DFs are purely mental. I don't know when she started with this, but there are serves where she is throwing the ball in front of her and not above her or waits for the ball to come down instead of taking it out of the air.

It's really painful to see her completely outplaying her opponent just to make it exciting again by DFing the crap out off the ball. That second set should have been a 20 minute bagel.

That said, I actually think she was the better player from the baseline today, but unfortunately serving is part of the game and there are players on the future circuit who can deal better with that under pressure than she does. Her baseline game is definitely Top 50, her forehand maybe even Top 30 on a good day in my opinion, otherwise she would have hever made a career on the WTA with such blatant weaknesses to her side.
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #1901
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #1902

I was pretty sure she'd (at least) try to defend her runner-up points in Prague, but she hasn't even entered Stick with the WTA, Alex, you've done great so far this year!
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #1903
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Maybe I`m just imagining things, but Alexandra has the same habit as Sorana when she lost a point. They both go and touch the commercial banner behind the court with their racquets. Did they train together or had the same trainer when in junior years ?
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #1904
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Maybe I`m just imagining things, but Alexandra has the same habit as Sorana when she lost a point. They both go and touch the commercial banner behind the court with their racquets. Did they train together or had the same trainer when in junior years ?
they always make me laugh with that )

On a funny note : How it will be for a trainer to train your players that everytime when u need some luck u must touch the banner ? )
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #1905
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber does the same

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote