Alexandra Cadantu - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1876
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I think she has a lot of room for improvement in the way she has to deal with the match, but if she can find a balance between GOATing and errorfest, she can be close to top 40...
If you look closely, her amount of unforced errors from the actual baseline is remarkably low for the brand of tennis she is playing. It's actually no BBB, but still paceful enough to trouble most opponents. I mean, CSN is one of the best defenders on tour, we saw how players like Wickmayer can deal with that kind of game.

She also needs to have more confidence in herself on the bigger stage, that is above MM level. Playing like today would have been more than enough to beat or even destroy Vandeweghe or Diyas, but to me it seems as if she has to be in there positive emotionally as well to play her best. However, playing on emotions is a risky thing to do when things get tight.
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #1877
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Her coach will take care of her.
Do you know his name ?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #1878
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Do you know his name ?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
No, but he has been with her last year as well, so the information about her being coachless seems to be wrong.
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #1879
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Katowice

[/quote]

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #1880
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Katowice

she's great, but..... total headcase
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #1881
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

That picture of the handshake after the CSN match. Dead. I still think playing well against a top 20 player should be a good confidence booster for Alex.
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #1882
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
That picture of the handshake after the CSN match. Dead. I still think playing well against a top 20 player should be a good confidence booster for Alex.
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:35 AM   #1883
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #1884
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Marrakech MD :

(1/wc)Hantuchova v Q
Dominguez Lino v Kudryavtseva
Q v (wc)Atik
(wc)Jabeur v (6)Peng

(3)Meusburger v Cetkovska
Scheepers v Cabeza Candela
Dulgheru v Oprandi
Q v (8)Schiavone

(7)Zhang v Hercog
Cadantu v Van Uytvanck
U.Radwanska v Q
Torro-Flor v (4)Jovanovski

(5)Muguruza v Glushko
Soler-Espinosa v Voegele
Martic v Peer
Mayr-Achleitner v (2)Svitolina

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #1885
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Very tough section for Alexandra.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #1886
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I actually think it's by far the easiest one.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #1887

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
I am a bit more reserved when it comes to Alexandra lately. And I think she'll have problems even in the first round against the Belgian youngster. In case she wins that match and loses the next one, I will consider this as being a good run for her.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM   #1888

Quote:
Alexandra lost 4&1.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:30 PM   #1889
country flag Curcubeu

The shocking thing here is not the 9 DFs and not the fact that she got broken at 4*-5 for the upmtenth time, but the return stats.

Only 25% of 2nd serve points won on clay against any player is quite disastrous. I watched a bit of Van Uytvanck on clay last year and she was disastrous (got destroyed by Putintseva and Meusburger if I remember correctly). Now she has moved on from that, but she is still far away from being a claycourter.

Just awful.

Quote:
Alexandra lost 4&1.
which doesn't change the fact that it was in fact the easiest section.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:33 PM   #1890

Quote:
which doesn't change the fact that it was in fact the easiest section.
Quote:
Which doesn't change the fact that it was still a very tough section for her