Alexandra Cadantu - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #166
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu (ROM)

She would like a match against Sharapova.

The Romanian public knows very little of you at this time. What are your strengths at the moment, your favorite shots?
Will, the desire to win and my mental strength. My favorite shots are my "forehand" and cross.

And the one on which you should work?
My service needs to be fixed. I have to work on that and on my physical conditions!

There are so many young players rising in Romania. Is there a competition between you?
It is the desire of each of us to climb higher, but not to compete directly. It is important to have as many top players in the world, and the higher ranked ones can help the ones behind them to rise.

What would be if, for example, you have to play against Maria Sharapova?
It would be very nice, I really would like to play against her. Now it's not important against who I play, but to reach the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament. The Australian Open will be the first one in this case.

It only remains time for one film.

Who is your favorite player?
I very much liked Justine Henin. And she had many problems, but still came to the top.

To be continued.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #167
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Judging from the sources I found, yes!
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #168
country flag Curcubeu

Do your parents attend your matches?
For a year and a half, since then it became harder for them. But at home, my father does not miss any match. (No - the quetion was also directed to her coach Bogdan Popovici who has joined). "Mr. Cadantu doesn't stay with Alexandra at all tournaments, but he is watching them from morning until evening on the internet. He is very passionate about tennis."
*Bogdan is giving me so much life again*

There are players who prefer that their parents don't attend the matches to create no extra pressure. How is it in your case?
(laughing!) I have no pressure when my parents are in the stands (now - Bogdan Popovici takes over). "Alexandra's father is a charismatic character, a very lively and very involved parent."

What is your most beautiful memory so far?
I would say the main draw match I won against Yakimova in the first round of Luxembourg, but I think that the match in the last round of qualifications against Barthel will stay most memorable.

What do you propose for 2012?
First I have to work more, because I would have to face stronger opponents. Now that I have entered the Top 100, I set my next goal to reach Top 50.

Does tennis preoccupy you all the time or do you have other hobbies?
I have no time for everything. In tournaments, when I'm traveling, I can just watch one film.

5 hours per day is Alexandra Cadantu training, her program consists out of three training sessions: two on the tennis court and one in the gym

14,880 dollars is the biggest prize won by Alexandra Cadantu at a tennis tournament. This was achieved after winning the ITF final played at Biella (Italy) in September

There is also a small interview with her coach I will post tomorrow!
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #169
country flag Curcubeu

Caroline Wozniacki and Alexandra Cadantu, the only active players who can turn a neutral thread into a one woman show:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=448366

GOAT
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #170
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra the lesser is going to be #8 seed at the 75k in Dubai at the end of the year!
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #171
country flag Curcubeu

ITF Dubai, Main Draw:

(1)Simona Halep (ROU) v Q
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) v Marta Sirotkina (RUS)
Olga Govortsova (BLR) v Q
(8)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v Mihaela Buzarnescu (ROU)

She should at least win one match here!

And please, we all want a second part of Halep vs. Cadantu, that third set tiebreak from ITF Bucharest still gives me the chills!
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #172
country flag Curcubeu

Dubai R1:

(8)Alexandra Cadantu def. Mihaela Buzarnescu 7-5 7-6

Led 3-1 in the first and 5-3 in the second set!

She needs some wins here to go back to the Top 100!
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #173
country flag Curcubeu

Lost to Govortsova 2 and 3

Australian open main Draw should be secured, though!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #174
country flag Curcubeu

It's official: Alexandra made the AO main draw cut!

What an achievement for her! Who would have thought one year ago?
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #175
country flag Curcubeu

ITF 50k Ankara:

(5)Caroline Garcia (FRA) v Elena Bogdan (ROU)
(wc)Naz Karagoz (TUR) v Q/LL
Kiki Bertens (NED) v Severine Beltrame (FRA)
(2)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (SR)Katalin Marosi (HUN)

Keep going!
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #176
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

First match against a Hungarian born in Romania.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #177
country flag Curcubeu

Lost in 3 sets, saved 3MPs at 3-5 in order to get broken to 0 when it counted...

Let's see who will have the pleasure to draw her at the Australian Open...

There are a lot who want to, that's for sure.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #178
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Horbat, Qualifying Draw:

(4)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Stephanie Dubois (CAN)
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (wc)Sacha Jones (NZL)
Alison Riske (USA) v Reka-Luca Ani (HUN)
Karin Knapp (ITA) v (7)Irina Falconi (USA)

Win some games!
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #179
country flag Curcubeu

Lost 4 and 2, have a nice vacation!
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #180
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

that's a bad loss

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote